Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

What's your favourite chapter (LF trilogy)?

What's your favourite?

Chapter 1 - The Story Of Two Lovers
13%
Chapter 2 - Terror In Tyrine
No votes
Chapter 3 - The Snow Storm
No votes
Chapter 4 - Adretana
No votes
Chapter 5 - Luci And Her Party
6%
Chapter 6 - The Invincible Armada
No votes
Chapter 7 - Taking Lives
13%
Chapter 8 - Yveen's Oath
No votes
Chapter 9 - Xander And The Fifth Temple
No votes
Chapter 10 - Our Dear Wendala
31%
Chapter 11 - The Grand Commendanter Attacks
6%
Chapter 12 - What Lies Beneath
6%
Chapter 13 - The Last Stand
25%

Total votes : 16

Re: What's your favourite chapter (LF trilogy)?

Postby DragoonHP » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:09 pm

Indinera wrote:Sometimes I start a savefile with the idea of having no death and get very pissed off for the first critical hit that kills one of my characters +::O_o +::sos

^ This.
God knows how many games I have F12 just because one of my character died, knowing full well that I've been for a couple of hours without any saving >_>

I remembered the boss fight in LF1 (after which Louis leaves the party) one of my character died and I F12-ed it without thinking, and started the game from the newest save file (I can only save after I have at least played for 1 hour v_v )
[I think this habit of mine started because of LP1; Random used to read (from a book) about how many fights you have fought, how many times you have escaped and how many times you have said]
And I hated to see anything more than a 0 in my escape slot and I absolutely despised seeing a big number for the save.

/rant over
"Writers aren’t exactly people…. they’re a whole bunch of people trying to be one person." -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Persistance is the key to success +::biggrin -- DragoonHP
DragoonHP
Paladin

Postby Indinera » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:35 pm

God knows how many games I have F12 just because one of my character died, knowing full well that I've been for a couple of hours without any saving >_>

Oh but I'd never pass even 5 minutes without saving, unless forced to.

I remembered the boss fight in LF1 (after which Louis leaves the party) one of my character died and I F12-ed it without thinking, and started the game from the newest save file (I can only save after I have at least played for 1 hour v_v )
[I think this habit of mine started because of LP1; Random used to read (from a book) about how many fights you have fought, how many times you have escaped and how many times you have said]
And I hated to see anything more than a 0 in my escape slot and I absolutely despised seeing a big number for the save.

Big number of save is fine by me lol
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Alikamou » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:00 pm

+::biggrin Good thing I don't pay attention to how many saves I've made then :razz: 5 minutes is tooooo short! +::lol How's about after every battle or at every save point I can find? :razz: That's one reason I looooove the save anywhere at any time (except during the battle of course). I tend to want to do over some battles to try a different tactic especially when I didn't survive it +::biggrin
Alikamou
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Postby loof123 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:13 pm

Saving without 5 minutes is too long! I save almost every minute! +::biggrin
loof123
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby Alikamou » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:29 pm

+::O_o Oh...my baaaad! Not 5 minutes, but after every battle!!!! +::biggrin
Alikamou
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Postby loof123 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:31 pm

Alikamou wrote:+::O_o Oh...my baaaad! Not 5 minutes, but after every battle!!!! +::biggrin

+::biggrin +::biggrin +::biggrin Good. At least you don't have to worry about losing saves. +::biggrin +::biggrin +::biggrin
loof123
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby Alikamou » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:36 pm

+:oops: Maybe not....but because I save to quickly...I don't always save at a different spot so I end up overwriting the save and don't have a separate section save. I'm trying to improve on saving in a different slot when I change locations. +::biggrin That's why the games with only 4 or 5 spots is agonizing. I love Indy's games for giving us many save slots +::biggrin Now I just have to remember to change and not overwrite them +::biggrin
Alikamou
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Postby DragoonHP » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:51 pm

I feel so alone; at most I use like 3 save slots, and usually I only use one save slot for an entire game.

Also, I'm kind of maniac-stuff-collector; in LP1, I didn't sell anything from my inventory, nor did i use them (so all these perma item's sat in my inventory gathering dust) and the only thing I used to purchase were weapons and nothing else.

Did I mention that these habits have plagued my inner RPG soul and have turned into my sacred rules? :-p
And because of these habits, I hate games who have limited inventories. I mean, come on, I don't want to dump my stuff (Deus Ex I'm looking at you)

PS: I wonder if there's a maniac like me... +::biggrin or if I could sell my save files to rule over this world :razz: +::biggrin
"Writers aren’t exactly people…. they’re a whole bunch of people trying to be one person." -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

DragoonHP
Paladin

Postby Alikamou » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:56 pm

+::lol and that's what bogged down your game! :razz:
I've found that towards the end...well I think it may be the end of a game...I try to save whatever I can then and stock up...but I tend to get rid of stuff so my pc doesn't lag. I'd get rid of stuff that I could easily get from *drops* first, then the other stuff that is old...like lower damage weapons and armor. With any luck...I can buy better gear with those sales +::biggrin
Alikamou
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Postby loof123 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:58 pm

Alikamou wrote:+::lol and that's what bogged down your game! :razz:
I've found that towards the end...well I think it may be the end of a game...I try to save whatever I can then and stock up...but I tend to get rid of stuff so my pc doesn't lag. I'd get rid of stuff that I could easily get from *drops* first, then the other stuff that is old...like lower damage weapons and armor. With any luck...I can buy better gear with those sales +::biggrin

I usually do that too but in games like LF you might need everything so I'm a bit scared actually.
loof123
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby Alikamou » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:00 pm

+::lol most of the stuff was like really useless...the 99 items you needed to purchase from that shop for a quest (junky stuff like the towels) +::biggrin
Alikamou
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Postby DragoonHP » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:05 pm

Alikamou wrote: +::lol and that's what bogged down your game! :razz:

I have a powerful PC now *evil laugh* so it can definitely handle it; you know what; I'm just going to randomly fill my inventory, just to see if my PC can handle it :-p
Oh and the main reason I never sell my stuff is because I like to believe that somewhere down the road, the stuff will be extremely useful; yeah even the wooden training sword Random has in the start of the game and which most player almost immediately replace. +::biggrin :razz:

Alikamou wrote:+::lol most of the stuff was like really useless...the 99 items you needed to purchase from that shop for a quest (junky stuff like the towels) +::biggrin

Hey!!! Don't say that; I had like 99 of every item and I was (am) a maniac grinder so my characters were around Lv 20-30 when the recommended rate was like 10 or 12 *proud*
I should really share some of my save files just to see everyone's expressions

DragoonHP
Paladin

Postby Alikamou » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:10 pm

+::Thumbup I love the 99 stuff, too. I try to grind at least 5+ levels higher than recommended cause I'm such a wuss at the strategies, so I want an easier fight +:oops: But I never found any use for those towels...have you? :razz:
Alikamou
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Postby DragoonHP » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:14 pm

Towels?

Easier fights are definitely a plus; but because I don't use healing stuff, it turns equally hard for me T_T

And what is your perfect place for leveling up?

DragoonHP
Paladin

Postby Alikamou » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:17 pm

+::biggrin I go back to the dungeons of course +::shhhh but I try to make sure I'm near a healing point first +::biggrin
Alikamou
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

PreviousNext

Return to Discussions (Spoilers Inside!)