Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

What's your favourite chapter (LF trilogy)?

What's your favourite?

Chapter 1 - The Story Of Two Lovers
13%
Chapter 2 - Terror In Tyrine
No votes
Chapter 3 - The Snow Storm
No votes
Chapter 4 - Adretana
No votes
Chapter 5 - Luci And Her Party
6%
Chapter 6 - The Invincible Armada
No votes
Chapter 7 - Taking Lives
13%
Chapter 8 - Yveen's Oath
No votes
Chapter 9 - Xander And The Fifth Temple
No votes
Chapter 10 - Our Dear Wendala
31%
Chapter 11 - The Grand Commendanter Attacks
6%
Chapter 12 - What Lies Beneath
6%
Chapter 13 - The Last Stand
25%

Total votes : 16

Re: What's your favourite chapter (LF trilogy)?

Postby loof123 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:00 pm

Indinera wrote:
Chap 1 might be easy but Chap 5 was definitely not. Before you added the healing crystal, most monsters were tough and I had to die and I hate dying....

It's not so bad in LF though.

And the atmosphere is ghostly. But it's very annoying to heal Louis and Marion all the time. Glad that Wanderer's Guild sells Healing Potions cheap...

Just put them out of the party as soon as you can, and keep them dead when they are mandatory.

Yeah it's not... You lose 10% of your gold only and that's no huge amount in Chap. 5

And Louis is Mandatory, Marion is mandatory until Chap. 3 which we give Reeker bulb in less than 5 minutes. And I hate letting people die. they don't get any exp. So I lower their SPD as much as possible so they act last, then fight.
loof123
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby Indinera » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:03 pm

So I lower their SPD as much as possible so they act last, then fight.

Yeah, good strategy, and fairly easy to pull out, given how sluggish marion and louis are compared to, say, sarah, wendala or cocka-cocka. :)
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby loof123 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:06 pm

Oh but Wendala is exposed to Reeker Bulb toxins too. so I never use her during this chapter while she becomes primary in Chapter 3.
loof123
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby Indinera » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:10 pm

loof123 wrote:Oh but Wendala is exposed to Reeker Bulb toxins too. so I never use her during this chapter while she becomes primary in Chapter 3.

that's an ok thing to do. :)
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby littlebro » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:05 pm

Here is where I reveal myself as the ultimate wimp.

I kept the reeker bulb in my first play through, but after that I got rid of it as soon as I'd got the purity ring from Yveen. I'm usually a bit of a completionist, but that thing annoyed me so much! I decided that the reward wasn't worth the hassle, and it meant that I could level Louis and Marion up and earn some money at the same time.

As for Wendala, no criticisms allowed; she's my favourite character; so much more interesting than the others and a brilliant fighter.
littlebro
Ranger

Postby Indinera » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:32 pm

I kept the reeker bulb in my first play through, but after that I got rid of it as soon as I'd got the purity ring from Yveen. I'm usually a bit of a completionist, but that thing annoyed me so much! I decided that the reward wasn't worth the hassle, and it meant that I could level Louis and Marion up and earn some money at the same time.

I usually get rid of it too. To hell with the pig in MZ lol

As for Wendala, no criticisms allowed; she's my favourite character; so much more interesting than the others and a brilliant fighter.

well she's my fav too. :)
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby loof123 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:08 pm

Indinera wrote:

I usually get rid of it too. To hell with the pig in MZ lol

well she's my fav too. :)

Ouch Indy. It's a pig of fortune. And caring about animals is a good thing to do. And it gave me god's heaven almost every 10 minutes I visited it. It is lucky.

Wendala is interesting IMO too. A question. Was Wendie a slave before her death? Or did she become one after?
loof123
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby Indinera » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:11 pm

Ouch Indy. It's a pig of fortune. And caring about animals is a good thing to do. And it gave me god's heaven almost every 10 minutes I visited it. It is lucky.

I did save him a couple of times lol But then doing it all the time is... tedious.

Wendala is interesting IMO too. A question. Was Wendie a slave before her death? Or did she become one after?

Interesting question. In a game called "Crimson Sword" you play Wendie at a much earlier age (around 20).
She is not an official slave (as in, with the title and all) but she does act very submissively.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby littlebro » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:34 pm

Indinera wrote:Interesting question. In a game called "Crimson Sword" you play Wendie at a much earlier age (around 20).
She is not an official slave (as in, with the title and all) but she does act very submissively.

"Crimson Sword"? I thought I knew all your games, but I've never heard of this one before.
littlebro
Ranger

Postby Indinera » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:48 pm

littlebro wrote:
Indinera wrote:Interesting question. In a game called "Crimson Sword" you play Wendie at a much earlier age (around 20).

"Crimson Sword"? I thought I knew all your games, but I've never heard of this one before.

It's only on paper +::biggrin
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby D-Squall » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:44 pm

Definetly ''Taking Lives'' it was the most heart-breaking, emotional, passional chapter of the entire trilogy. I mean, you go playing the game and as soon as lives becomes to be taken, somehow, you kind of feel what the characters are passing through. All those sad moments, mixed with the new Luciana arising later, became the best part of the story of the trilogy.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby Indinera » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:04 pm

D-Squall wrote:Definetly ''Taking Lives'' it was the most heart-breaking, emotional, passional chapter of the entire trilogy. I mean, you go playing the game and as soon as lives becomes to be taken, somehow, you kind of feel what the characters are passing through. All those sad moments, mixed with the new Luciana arising later, became the best part of the story of the trilogy.

You speak my mind. :)
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby DragoonHP » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:24 am

loof123 wrote:EDIT: Put them in spoilers so they don't take up all the page and they are... well... spoilers to some people :razz:

>_> :-D

And my favourite chapter.
Hmm... hmmm... none :-D
I like all of them :-p
Though my favourite game will always be LP1 :-)
"Writers aren’t exactly people…. they’re a whole bunch of people trying to be one person." -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Persistance is the key to success +::biggrin -- DragoonHP
DragoonHP
Paladin

Postby Indinera » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:59 am

some are stuck with LP3 xD

Surely you must have a favorite chapter.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby DragoonHP » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:10 am

Absolutely not...
Can you ask a mother to tell who her favourite child is? +::biggrin +::biggrin

Well if you can, no matter then :razz: , but I like every freaking chapter of the series.
"Writers aren’t exactly people…. they’re a whole bunch of people trying to be one person." -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Persistance is the key to success +::biggrin -- DragoonHP
DragoonHP
Paladin

PreviousNext

Return to Discussions (Spoilers Inside!)