Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Trio of megaladons on bridge in Kremdjir continent

Trio of megaladons on bridge in Kremdjir continent

Postby EldonA » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:22 pm

Trying to get across the Kremdjir continent BUT there is a bridge on the South East side that you must cross. There is a fixed battle there with 3 magaladons that "surprise" your party. I CAN NOT defeat this trio. Since they get first attack I loose "KO" 1 or 2 characters before I even get to attack. Using Groms knowledge doesn't help. I have level 50 characters. Is there a way around this bridge and if not how to I defeat this trio? Can't use the balloon on this continent so can't just fly over the bridge.
EldonA
Peasant

Re: Trio of megaladons on bridge in Kremdjir continent

Postby Indinera » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:28 pm

which mode are you playing the game in?
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby EldonA » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:27 pm

I don't remember (and don't know how to check or change it now) but am sure it was not the easiest or hardest mode (if that helps).
EldonA
Peasant

Postby Indinera » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:36 pm

You can check it by looking at your states in the status section of a character.
If none of very easy, easy or hard is mentionned, then you are in normal mode.

Have you tried to get a "good start" ie see if the Megalodons can do stupid things during the first round?
Also make sure you've bought the best pieces of equipments for all your characters.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby EldonA » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:57 pm

It doesn't say anything so must be normal mode. I don't know what you mean by a "good start". I have a save just before this bridge and have tried the battle MANY time. I have the best equipment I can buy at this point. The biggest problem is that they attack first and KO characters. I can't resurrect characters because the bad guys attack first each round and immediately KO the character again (and ofter another one too). Having to use turns to resurrect or heal other characters means I get NO attacks in and soon I am looking at 4 KOs!!!
EldonA
Peasant

Postby Indinera » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:31 pm

Have you learnt useful skills such as Boss Fury, Slayers, Regeneration etc?

They do help a lot in this game.

Also I believe Glen is able to come back once killed.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby EldonA » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:43 pm

I don't have Boss Fury but do have the others you mentioned. Glen does revive but with so few hit points he gets immediately KO'd again before he can act. This is the first fight I can recall that characters get KO'd so often with one hit and if you set another character to revive the KO'd one they get KO'd before their turn to act. I have tried to devise a strategy but since the bad guys have "surprise" by the time they finish their first attack I have 1 or 2 already KO'd or all of them have so few hit points that 2-3 go down before they can even act. I have had little trouble getting through tough fights in this game (occasionally taking 2-3 tries) but nothing close to this. I have tried this battle 20-30 times and have not lasted beyond the 2nd or 3rd round and have not yet killed even 1 of the 3 megaladons. I don't get it!!!
EldonA
Peasant

Postby Indinera » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:48 pm

I don't have Boss Fury but do have the others you mentioned. Glen does revive but with so few hit points he gets immediately KO'd again before he can act.

Hmmm I think he can revive with max HP too.

This is the first fight I can recall that characters get KO'd so often with one hit and if you set another character to revive the KO'd one they get KO'd before their turn to act. I have tried to devise a strategy but since the bad guys have "surprise" by the time they finish their first attack I have 1 or 2 already KO'd or all of them have so few hit points that 2-3 go down before they can even act. I have had little trouble getting through tough fights in this game (occasionally taking 2-3 tries) but nothing close to this. I have tried this battle 20-30 times and have not lasted beyond the 2nd or 3rd round and have not yet killed even 1 of the 3 megaladons. I don't get it!!!

Have you got the 1st strike equipment for Luby?
I think it's the cape or something..... also levelling up is always a solution.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby dee0227 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:12 pm

Do you have any White Calcyte? It revives the whole party with 100% stats.

dee0227
Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what the heck
happened.
dee0227
Ranger

Postby EldonA » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:55 am

To answer the above questions.... yes he has first strike cape but when the party is "surprised" first strike does not happen. Leveling up has been mentioned.... my characters are all level 50-52. Can someone who has gotten past this fight tell me what level their characters were. I just tried the fight again...... after the bad guys finished their first attack I had one character KO'd and one with 50 hit points left. He was KO'd the next round before he could use a healing potion. The remaining 2 characters were KO'd in round 3 before they could use potions to revive the first two. There is something really weird going on here..... I am a good gamer and had no problems like this up to this point in the game. I rechecked how I had all characters equiped and can't make it any better. Needless to say I am getting more than a little frustrated and am about ready to give up and uninstall the game.
EldonA
Peasant

Postby Indinera » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:59 am

I don't get the problem either.
Once the first round is passed, just have your fast or pre-emptive character use a mega healing and you should be having a normal fight.
I know the megalodons are not easy but I don't get this problem with them in particular. Luby has so many HP, how can she not survive even if you get lucky? Can't they put to sleep, paralyzed etc? Like Luby can do?
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby EldonA » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:32 pm

I FINALLY GOT THEM!!! Used Rayanne's "Unheard Vibrations" to paralyze them (although it missed some of the times) and just kept her casting it while the others pounded away. Thank you all for trying to help!!! YES! YES! YES!
EldonA
Peasant

Postby Indinera » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:35 pm

I'll add one: YES!!! +::wizard +::Dance +::Dance
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Return to Asguaard - Help and Questions