I've added this in the FAQ btw. +::YAY
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Re: First thoughts on BOTM?

Postby GrannyC » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:12 am

I found plenty of drops from monsters that cure venom and one that gives hp and mp. Also one cures fatiuge and one for cold. You just have to fighe a lot of monsters. :)
GrannyC
Bounty Hunter

Postby Indinera » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:15 am

Awww monsters drop their meat pretty easily ^^

This is a game that requires you to pay attention to the items that you have - something a bit new.
You wouldn't want the same thing all the time, would you? +::O_o
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby RPGeez » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:28 pm

This is an excellent game which reminds me of the Aveyond games.

It is like a combination of Aveyond and some Laxius but in my opinion more Aveyond.

The artwork and game play is well designed and the music adds to the overall fun factor.

It is easy to get lost especially Scarlett River and the Rocky Path.

I also like the fact it is hard to come by gold because when in battle animals should drop meat instead of gold, however I did get excited finding secret room 4 in the Rocky Path.

Overall this is a well designed, hard even in normal mode and I look forward to trekking on with the game and the challenging quests to fulfill.

Cheers
RPGeez
RPGeez
Ranger

Postby Indinera » Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:50 pm

Thanks!
Glad you like it ^^

Any chance you may be answering the Memories? :)
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby anniezo57 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:11 am

AHHH thank you so much! I'm a hoarder with items in these types of games ( never know when you might need something +::whistle ) I have to say I am now LOVING this game. I just needed to change the way I normally play. Just got out of the swamps & must say I loved it there!!!! Crock meat is good for you ;)
On a side note....really enjoying the sounds now! We've had a lot of storms here lately so I was back on the rocky Pass....hearing wind...I was looking out my windows & checking the weather. LMAO...it was the game +::biggrin
GREAT JOB Indinera +::clap
Now back to questing +::music +::heart
anniezo57
Wanderer

Postby Indinera » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:14 am

Thanks!
I hope you fill the feedback once you're done with it! +::clap +::Dance
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby marcusellos » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:37 pm

I'm about halfway through the game I think- I just reached the monastery (foolishly decided to play through hard on the first play through)

One thing that I think would be really nice is a dungeon shortcut after you have gone through them once because there are a couple of villages that I keep going back to for sidequests or buying/selling

A little more in-depth explanation of how the promotion system works (or maybe the option to change classes) would also be helpful

Other than that I've really been enjoying the game, I like how you have secrets scattered everywhere and hidden spots on the world map, the sidequests are balanced and the rewards are good (vital on hard!)

The money crunch is also kind of rough, just keeping up with the forge is tough, let alone upgrading equipment (I need to buy Benito a sword), that may change towards the endgame so I may be speaking prematurely

Definitely a great game, I like it a lot and look forward to buying the rest of the episodes and your other new game when they come out

edit: i also like the option to control encounter rate but most of the dungeons are big enough that i just end up putting it on lowest and still get powered up
Last edited by marcusellos on Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marcusellos
Peasant

Postby Indinera » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:47 pm

First, thanks for this great feedback, i really hope you fill the Memories (questionary) once you're done with the game ^^

I'm about halfway through the game I think- I just reached the monastery (foolishly decided to play through hard on the first play through)

Ahaha you are courageous, but I like it!
Hard mode is sooo exciting (imo) +::biggrin

One thing that I think would be really nice is a dungeon shortcut after you have gone through them once because there are a couple of villages that I keep going back to for sidequests or buying/selling

It does happen..... +::shhhh

A little more in-depth explanation of how the promotion system works (or maybe the option to change classes) would also be helpful

Yes maybe.... it's quite simple though. Promotion = a new state that raises certain attributes and/or gives advantages. But I admit I was kinda purposedly unclear about it, I wanted people to try the options, when any.

Other than that I've really been enjoying the game, I like how you have secrets scattered everywhere and hidden spots on the world map, the sidequests are balanced and the rewards are good (vital on hard!)

So true! :)

Definitely a great game, I like it a lot and look forward to buying the rest of the episodes and your other new game when they come out

Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Fearless » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:58 am

i didnt mind money so much to me it was something new
botm is the top of the genre so the only thing left to do for us is wait when indi decides to release Ep2 +::cry
F.E.A.R.L.E.S.S
Fearless
Wanderer

Postby VKVern » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:42 pm

Wellm I read a post where it said the only thing different in playing easy or hard was the number of animal kings. I wanted to kill them all so went hard. I've played every game on easy becuase the fighting part is not the interesting thing for me. But, I am leveling up and doing fine with that.

I like the short cuts through the paths you have already cleared, I like the fact that so far I am not barred to returning to anywhere, (hmmmm, I agree with alot of what people have said that is positive, and I was trying to be positive before I started complaining)

Anyway, the temple healers just heal HP, not status like venom and not magic points. Doesn't seem right that it wouldn't be like resting.

I am stuck in the Sapphire temple. In ohter games that are more linear, you get the puzzles as you go through, or get hints with signs on the wall. If Hirado could have said what was the first puzzle, after that was done the second, etc, I would not be stuck, but there is little guidance. I find myself walking in circles like many poor souls on the rest of the forum. I am getting frustrated so I can see how they would be. (I'm 45 yo and have been playing these type of games since the first nintendo made the first zelda)

I love the game. I would just caution you about leaning to much to those players that are going to naturally want to spend hours testing and looking versus those of us that are playing for relaxation and dont want to fight our way through and touch every wall. I did see the hint for secret room 16. Thanks
Life is full of suffering. It is how we deal with that suffering that makes or breaks us.
VKVern
Wanderer

Postby Indinera » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:53 pm

Sapphire Cave is not a puzzle (and doesn't contain any) though?
It's just a bit mazy, like many other places in my games.

I should try a really easy game on day - based on just story and fun lol
many people seem to look for really easy or linear games.

Also secret rooms remain totally optional - I fnind it just so exciting to discover one especially upon replaying

I love the game.

Thanks ^__^
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby VKVern » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:31 pm

I apologized under my other post. Sorry, just frustrated. +:oops:
Life is full of suffering. It is how we deal with that suffering that makes or breaks us.
VKVern
Wanderer

Postby Indinera » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:33 pm

No problem

Happy gaming! :)
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

PreviousNext