Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

All about butterflies!

Re: All about butterflies!

Postby bucabeach » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:39 am

I had the air sandals on when I saw just the 2 butterflies. I didn't see any "jump" location indicating that I could jump up. The 2 I saw I was able to get with or without the air sandals. Are you able to see all 3 of them, and is the third one also on the stained glass window?
bucabeach
Bard

Postby dee0227 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:53 am

It's on the stained glass window but to the right. on a separate window. Maybe you already got it like you did the first one you couldn't see.

dee0227
Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what the heck
happened.
dee0227
Ranger

Postby bucabeach » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:08 pm

Oh well, maybe I'm confused and that one was the one I got before I got the myst bag. Anyway I will have a total of 12 after I get the one in sapphire cave.
Thanks
bucabeach
Bard

Postby margatuti » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:41 am

Ladybug wrote:I saw Dee and Titaness wondering in another post about where all the butterflies were and decided to post it here where I found them all.

3) In the Merchant's Shop Secret Room

Can anyone give a more detailed description of location #3? WHAT merchant's shop? Where?

I thought I found all the other butterflies and wouldn't need this one -- but apparently I didn't. I'm hoping to find this one rather than having to figure out which other one I missed!
margatuti
Peasant

Postby Tomas » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:34 am

I'm not quite sure, but it should probably be in Secret Room 24 - see this topic http://www.aldorlea.org/officialsite/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=2240. (If I remember it right it's in the Myst territory, the image should help you to remember, though.)

P.s. Have you found the Pillar of Resistance?

P.p.s. (for admins) The link to the Millennium: A New Hope - Help and Questions / Useful Information / All Secret Rooms! topic leads actually to Millennium 3: Cry Wolf - Help and Questions ‹ Useful Information / All Secret Rooms!, I suppose that it's a mistake.
Tomas
Ranger

Postby margatuti » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:59 am

Tomas wrote:I'm not quite sure, but it should probably be in Secret Room 24 - see this topic http://www.aldorlea.org/officialsite/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=2240. (If I remember it right it's in the Myst territory, the image should help you to remember, though.)

P.s. Have you found the Pillar of Resistance?

P.p.s. (for admins) The link to the Millennium: A New Hope - Help and Questions / Useful Information / All Secret Rooms! topic leads actually to Millennium 3: Cry Wolf - Help and Questions ‹ Useful Information / All Secret Rooms!, I suppose that it's a mistake.

A-HA! I've been looking for a list of secret rooms for MM1 -- and only found the link that you describe Tomas. THANK YOU for the link to the MM1 rooms!!! The butterfly was not in room 24 -- but I did find the right room from the list. I've completed the butterfly quest.

I'm still missing 2 rooms. I'm pretty sure one of them is room 9 -- but I haven't been able to find the correct area in the swamp yet. But I'm not sure which other room I'm missing.

I have NOT found the that last pillar!!!! I gave up looking for the one in the lava area of the sapphire cave -- and went back to the rogue area of the swamp to find that pillar -- just to make sure I'd touched that one -- but I can't find it again either. I did go back to the Guild of Mind to make sure I touched that one. Maybe I'll head over to secret room 3. Maybe I HAVEN'T been in that room before -- and I'll kill two birds with one stone!

EDIT: +::sos Darn! Darn! DARN!!!! Nope -- I've been to secret room 3 -- and I have already touched that pillar. So it's definitely either the one in the rogue territory of the swamp -- or the one in the lava area of the sapphire cave (near where Marine's flame was) -- but I can't find either pillar. I'm hoping someone else is playing or re-playing MM1 and can lead me to the lava area pillar and/or the rogue territory pillar.

Still can't find where room number 9 is. Again hoping someone can give me specific directions.

Darn me for being so anal retentive. I take comfort in knowing I'm not the only one with RPG OCD! +:oops:
margatuti
Peasant

Postby Tomas » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:50 am

margatuti: I must admit that I tried to find the pillar in the lava area, too (out of curiosity) - and wasn't able to. +:::| So I guess that it isn't so easy. As for the Secret Room 9, I don't remember its exact location, either. One thing that usually help when going through the vast and tricky maps is the Right-hand rule http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maze_solving_algorithm#Wall_follower (in case you aren't already doing so).

I will say a few words about the difficulty, though: All Indi's games are pretty hard, so don't feel bad if you miss something - it's normal. I know, it can be frustrating sometimes, but in the end, that's what make these games so fun, because even on second or third playthrough you will still discover new things. So don't give up, margatuti, and you won't regret in the end. :)
Tomas
Ranger

Postby margatuti » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:48 am

Thanks for trying to help Tomas! I wonder if that pillar is in the area where you go down the ladder and Marine jumps off the end -- both left and right. Because I tried going back there again -- and apparently you can't.

Anyway -- I have given up! +::surrender I saw the thread where you posted a link to your MM1 save -- and I used that. So thanks again! :)
margatuti
Peasant

Postby Tomas » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:34 pm

margatuti wrote:I wonder if that pillar is in the area where you go down the ladder and Marine jumps off the end -- both left and right. Because I tried going back there again -- and apparently you can't.

You can only jump down of the ladder once to collect the orbs, but the lower path is still accessible - the way is to the right from the ladder. This part of the caves can be confusing sometimes.
Tomas
Ranger

Previous

Return to Millennium: A New Hope - Help and Questions