Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Walkthroughs/Maps/Useful Information discussion

Walkthroughs/Maps/Useful Information discussion

Postby ShadowBlade » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:52 pm

Hi everyone,

From now on, the topics in the "Walkthroughs and Maps" and "Useful Information" subforums will be locked so as to make them easier to read, but feel free to post here if you wish to comment or make a suggestion for one or more help topics. :)
ShadowBlade
Mercenary

Re: Walkthroughs/Maps/Useful Information discussion

Postby flavie » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:57 pm

I suggest you number the maps to see better the red path. It's really hardto survive with no weapons! There is no weapon shop at Green Grass and Pinerock. +::cry I'm playing normal mode
If you love searching the truth, fight for human race,good and bad sex, sadism to stop, the prequel is WTF
Read "The sword of Truth" by Terry Goodkind in your language or English. Read the prequel after "the Confessor" to not be spoiled.
flavie
Explorer

Postby dee0227 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:57 pm

Once you have Karine, she should have a skill to Craft weapons. If you have the right stuff, she can make weapons out of it.

dee0227
Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what the heck
happened.
dee0227
Ranger

Postby ShadowBlade » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:06 pm

Merged the above two posts from the "Scarlet River - Maps" topic (the posting time displayed is the wrong one though, there were problems with the merging +::shhhh ).

I suggest you number the maps to see better the red path.

The maps are now "clickable" - the board somehow seems to insist on cutting the maps in half, but clicking on the pictures will now allow you to see the full maps. Just follow the red path on the first, third, fifth, sixth, and seventh maps - it should be easy now. If you're still having problems I can number the maps but it shouldn't be necessary. ;)
ShadowBlade
Mercenary

Postby gjkris » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:34 am

Hi. One of the things that I have always liked about the Aldorlea games is this site and the Laxius website. They have always provided helpful information in a fairly easy to search place. I am finding however, that lately, even though the help is there, I am being to sent all over the web to different websites. That I find frustrating. I am pretty particular about the websites I choose to visit and am not real crazy about having to go to a lot of different sites. I find that different sets of maps are on different sites (if I want a close up look) and boy do I miss Mellowcat's walkthroughs. I have been to a couple of walkthoughs, but right now I am totally confused in the Ancient shrine. These walkthroughs have actually added to my confusion. One mentions 4 demons at some point ( I haven't found any) +::O_o so I don't know if I just haven't found them or if they don't exist and I still haven't gotten to the djinn, but I am rapidly using up all my stuff to heal myself and replensish my SP/MP (called both in the game). Also, and this is just being picky but at either the General Store of Mystrock or the Armory of Mystrock they both mention that someone named Thomas was suppose to be give armor if I was playing Normal or Hard mode. I am playing normal and I haven't met anyone named Thomas yet - and I have looked repeatedly. That's one of those things that when I go through the walkthrough to see what I missed, I go back and will replay. I wasted a lot of time on that. Sorry, but I am frustrated. +::grrr Otherwise, I have enjoyed the game as I usually do with one of Indy's products. :)
gjkris
gjkris
Peasant

Postby dee0227 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:59 am

Thomas is in a house in Pinerock. He will make the Armor is you bring him 10 Green Snakes. You need either the Scaled Gloves from the Armory or the Dark Gloves (cursed) to catch the snakes. If you use the search function, there are several topics that talk about the Ancient Shrine. It is mostly a matter of going back and forth to different pillars and lighting them to open an area with the final pillar that opens the way to the Djinn.

dee0227
Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what the heck
happened.
dee0227
Ranger

Postby gjkris » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:55 pm

Thank you for your response. I got the snake armor already. My point was the way both of the walkthroughs I looked at said the same thing in reference to Eastern Mystrock. I had already gotten the Snake armor, but then I was chasing all over thinking I had missed something somewhere else. A little frustrating. I have played Indy's games - since the Lax P. games and have really enjoyed them. I like checking myself and don't have a problem going back and replaying a section or even from the beginning of the game if I really missed a lot of stuff. I will also look when I am really stuck i.e. Ancient Shrine, but that has been frustrating in itself - hence the post. I will try again sometime this week. I think I might go through the caves and then go stock up and then get Hirado. A lot of walking but that way I will have what I need if I have any more trouble with the Shrine. Thanks again. +:::| :)
gjkris
gjkris
Peasant

Postby flavie » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:19 pm

Hello I suggest to have a list of where the guilds are.

Being "lost" +::O_o at the Ancient Temple I'm referring to the maps. The best would be to be able to have the pieces sticked in one piece to know from a piece what direction to use to go to another piece. You should write in what order to activate the "energy pillars".

(Searching how to killthe Djinn I've no revive )
If you love searching the truth, fight for human race,good and bad sex, sadism to stop, the prequel is WTF
Read "The sword of Truth" by Terry Goodkind in your language or English. Read the prequel after "the Confessor" to not be spoiled.
flavie
Explorer

Postby Solrun » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:41 pm

Hello all, this is my first post.
I have played both A New Hope and Take me Higher, and enjoyed them thoroughly. I completely understand the reputation these games have.
But all through both games I have been totally dependent on the posted maps as I kept getting lost and walking in circles, lol.
Finally I started making my own crude schematic maps, hand drawn, just to give me an overview for each difficult area (not all places were equally confusing +:oops: ). Especially in view of the fact that we keep coming back to places we have visited before.
As I have seen that others posted pictures, I thought perhaps I could scan and post these maps? But I simply don't understand how to do it. I read the FAQ, but I'm afraid that I still don't understand, lol.
(The maps were very crude, just one-page schematics of places with notations of where to jump, where Kings are, chests etc, to give a sort of overview at-a-glance, it may not be of interest anyway with the excellent screenshot maps available.)
Edit: Thank you Firefly - this is really way above my limited computer understanding. but I'll try, lets hope it worked. (I'm not sure the whole picture is shown, ah well)
Second edit: nope looks like it's been cropped, sorry. So I took it out.
Last edited by Solrun on Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:05 am, edited 3 times in total.
Solrun
Peasant

Postby firefly » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:44 pm

I am sending you a pm :)
My dwellings: The Glade and Eridani's
Anyway, if I wanted a complex story led by dynamic characters that aren't easily categorised into facile dichotomies of good and bad with no clear arc or easily predicted outcome, I'd have left the theatre and lived my damn life. Brownian
firefly
Bounty Hunter

Postby gunner » Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:21 pm

can someone help me...
after a i find karine,i'm going to crocodile swamp...
karine said,the crocodile a few meter from us???
but where???i can't find it???
please,show me the way??? +::sos
gunner
Peasant

Postby Indinera » Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:20 pm

gunner wrote:can someone help me...
after a i find karine,i'm going to crocodile swamp...
karine said,the crocodile a few meter from us???
but where???i can't find it???
please,show me the way??? +::sos

is it the first time? if so, it moved somewhere else...
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Return to Millennium: A New Hope - Help and Questions