Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

The gold and dinosaurs!

The gold and dinosaurs!

Postby meerkit » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:05 pm

Hi everyone,

new here today, been playing the games for a while, on bfg. so not happy with bfg in trying to force you to buy the guides, but i have to admit 6dollars 99... for a great game, is wonderful and i wouldnt be able to play them if they wasnt that price cos im poor and sick and only got so many pennies left at the end of the month for a wonderful treat, which i have to say these games absolutely are!

Okay, the gold... this thing about the gold... you kind of jumped on that bloke who said the game sucked, it doesnt suck. Its avery good game... enjoying it immensly and im playing on hard... but the charactors not dropping gold... well... absolutely not my favourite bit of the game and it really does bug me im sorry to say i know you went for purity above avarice...

but... perhaps you could reconsider? or maybe you could do an addon that could be downloaded from the site so that we could have graded monsters dropping gold? and see how many people want the addon... then you'll know people either prefer or dont prefer to have the gold... if your selling a product doesnt it mean that the customer should have some say? Who knows you may sell more because its more on line with what the customer wants? you wouldnt of lost that blokes custom who said the game wasnt right because there was no gold, and im sure lots of people who try it before they buy it feel the same... custom could be walking out the door without you realising it (or without knowing just how many people bin the game because its not what they can understand or not what they expected or even to difficult without them being able to use it to keep score?)

my personal reasons for asking for the addon to have the monsters drop some gold.. is.. well... For one thing. I use the gold to keep score, always have with rpg's... always will... At the end of the day... when i see a pile of gold in the the gold count area... gives me a sense of accomplishment.

secondly, it isnt easy at first, or even later on to understand which dropped items can or should be sold, and which ones you'll need. You can sell the meat yes, but the meat all except the feline meat does things for you as in getting rid of cold or fatigue, and if you sell it... well... you dont have the back up incase you come across some nasties. Pretty much everything does something, except the 'pretty things' and that noble ring? well... its kind of annoying to have to remember to enable and disable the ring, especially when your running into monsters just outside the door... i died so many times, and i find the ring annoying. Dont get me wrong... it was a good idea, and probably is when your on easy mode... but when your on hard mode, and the monsters arent dropping gold, and you've walked outside the shop and died yet again, or walked into a nest of monsters and your dying and using up regeneration stuff all the time (which you have to buy by the way - with funds from things you sell...) just because of a ring that you forgot to take off? well... not fun... very not fun...

And thirdly... gold... listen to the sound the word makes... theres something exciting about the word 'gold' for us very poor blokes who dont have a thing thats made out of gold, pure or other wise... just that one word on the screen brightens up my minute, and my day... cos i know i'll never get none... but thats okay, your wonderful charactors can get me some... or... i hope they should be able to, i really would like an add on where they can, maybe drop two gold every second dragonfly wing? or 100 gold every zombie/skeleton sheild or something, and dragons should definately drop a boat load of gold... after all... what do dragons do all day before the knights and ladies and sneaky beggers sneaking around get there... they guard huge MASSIVE piles of gold and jewels (a few sparkly things such as diamonds and rubies and things will please the ladies... and the gold? pretty much pleases the blokes, and any ladies who don't like to haggle and sell stuff at a shop...)

oh and about the dinosaurs? MEGA BRILLIANT!!!!! LOVE Dinosaurs!!!! and can we have more? and can we have dino teeth? Us barbarian hero's got to have a choker/necklace/collar thingy made out of them to ward off the undead... cos you know they always go for the throat.

So heartfelt pleas... please Ma'am/Sirs/Misses/Mrs/Masters whoever, can we have a gold addon where things drop gold, i'd be forever truely grateful if you could, the addon to get given gold isnt quite the same thing :(

Well done for such a great game! and i just bought the second one which i am looking forwards too but i cant start until i've beaten the genii... if i could only find and beat this jinn thingy (spent all last night on it and all day today and still havent found the flaming genii bloke, and i still cant get in that odd little room with the two standing things and boy do i wish the maps had coloured arrows, this way to the pit of dispair- im here already - this way to the jinn- and i need a gin and tonic - and this way to the room on screen that you cant get in but should be able to get in...) add a boat load of gold for beating him and the other big monsters and this game would be perfection!

have a great day ladies and gents, keep up the good work and hurry up with the next one cos millenium two will only take me about a week or two!

Kit (from the uk)
meerkit
Peasant

Re: The gold and dinosaurs!

Postby Indinera » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:12 am

Hi Kit, and thanks for taking the time to write such a long feedback.
It's a bit too late to change things to MM1 I'm afraid, and I took this "risk" because I wanted something different.
All my other games Laxius Force, Asguaard, 3 Stars let you have GOLD. +::biggrin
Easy Mode in MM1, I think, lets you start with 250G or something.
And in MM2 more monsters drop gold so you should be much happier.
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby meerkit » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:04 pm

Hi indy!

thanks for replying indy! im really sorry i missed the feed back bit, i love to help and im really observant and i got about over a dozen rpg games almost half are the ones from here via bfg, please sell them or make them buy more of your games please, its the only way i can afford to get them. I got all the aveyonds, and i got 3 stars and the first laximus and the 2 milleniums! Really looking forwards to more!

Can we have more dino's and the dragons though? later on? or in something else? i love seeing them! Did you know there was hundreds of thousands of different dinosaurs? But the most leathal predators was the megalodon (massive giant shark bigger than a blue whale? and really really mean and hungry) and there was the terror bird which is a 2 meter high killing emu/ostrich thing with tiny wings a massive head that was mostly very hard and very killing beak! as well as t-rex and raptors, there was whole familys of them spread over massive epocs (hundreds of thousands of years) and they changed to suit where they migrated too and what challenges they faced. Several hundred species of the insects became massive due to air levels in forests of ferns when the ferns pretty much covered the whole of the land.

And theres dozens of types of dragons, sea dragons, land ones and mountain ones to name a few and some of them lay in ambush, some swim in the sea like a deadly, some where benevolent and some was down right evil and toasted you. Chinese dragons was both, but had no usuable limbs.

Anne Mccaffery wrote a really wonderful book on dragons, its got the most beautiful illustrations and paintings and she's written about 20 books about them - the best one of her books for illustrations and info on dragons if your interested is called 'A diversity of dragons'.

<<< i'd love more dragons cos i like doing the - Meerkit to the rescue +::biggrin - thing and fighting dragons is about the noblest thing you can do in british history as a fighter only it would probably eat me with one bite if it was real so im sticking to rpg ones! +::biggrin

you got brilliant games! i love them to bits! thanks to all for making them! looking forwards to all the rest with great interest!

kit
meerkit
Peasant

Postby Indinera » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:20 pm

megalodon (massive giant shark bigger than a blue whale? and really really mean and hungry)

You fight a Megalodon
Spoiler: show
in Asguaard. 8)

and there was the terror bird which is a 2 meter high killing emu/ostrich thing with tiny wings a massive head that was mostly very hard and very killing beak! as well as t-rex and raptors, there was whole familys of them spread over massive epocs (hundreds of thousands of years) and they changed to suit where they migrated too and what challenges they faced. Several hundred species of the insects became massive due to air levels in forests of ferns when the ferns pretty much covered the whole of the land.

More of them creatures to come in Millennium indeed.

you got brilliant games! i love them to bits! thanks to all for making them! looking forwards to all the rest with great interest!

Thank you for the great feedback! You should post your opinion on the BFG forums lol
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby meerkit » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:05 pm

hi indy

i dont talk on there, they are kind of... bossy... i did once... i guess they dont like my spelling and grammer and stuff... i admit im a sloppy typist, but when typing matters theres always microsoft word

but i'll suggest more rpg's to them cos i like rpg's alot, they the only games that dont make me feel sick when i play them! although i really do like the virtual village set of games, and cake mania i have to limit play, i much prefer rpg's cos they make your brain work alot harder than anything else and im forever in search of challenges i do a bit of adobe photo shop and i do animation shop and i do artistic hobbies and writing hobbies and computer hobbies and i play far to many computer games and watch far too much television but im happy :) and i really appreciate the art in your games, they are very pretty scenes, the elder lion could of done with a bit of work, more white frosted and maybe a different colour on the jewel, was you constrained by size on pictures?

Are you a bloke or a lady? how long you been doing computer games? cos your really good at them. you must of been doing them forever! hope your having a great day indy, thanks for replying, all them people looked but no one said nothing... does that happen alot?

Eri seems a nice lady, i think she's a lady she got a lady picture... very pretty art and interesting art in members pics and on this site, seems to be alot of animae and japanese type ones, and so are your charactor pictures in your games, yet the games have got a european flavour or is it cos of the way they have to be coded? or just cos you like mixing styles?

kit
meerkit
Peasant

Postby meerkit » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:09 pm

opss asguard :( havent got that one yet!!!! really really want it though!!! but i am going to have to save up my pennies along time for it!!

So looking forwards to it though!!! i think saving up to get something you want really really goes along way to making you appreciate what you buy
meerkit
Peasant

Postby Indinera » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:14 pm

Tell BFG my RPGs are so very great and the best around lol serously I could really do with some additional push and there is no harm telling your opinion +::biggrin

As for Asguaard, it's awesome, it's the best game I've made imo. +::clap
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby meerkit » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:33 pm

LOL sure i will +::biggrin

i got to go for today, breakfast (i know im 7 hours late for breakfast...) is calling im going to have a bacon sammich and then nap, have a great day indy, chat with you soon n take care :)

kit
meerkit
Peasant

Postby Ladybug » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:23 pm

thanks for replying, all them people looked but no one said nothing... does that happen alot?

lol Sorry about that!

I did look but thought Indy would really be the better person to reply since it is his game after all!

Anyway, just saying hi and welcome here! +::clap
ImageImage
Ladybug
Ranger

Postby dee0227 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:00 am

It's probably too late but the link below gives a list of items and which you can sell and which you shouldn't sell.

viewtopic.php?f=64&t=2236#p26183

Welcome.

dee0227
Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what the heck
happened.
dee0227
Ranger

Postby meerkit » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:34 am

Thank you very much for the welcome Lady :) and Dee :) It's nice to meet you too :)

and yes it is a bit late with the list but the helpfulness is appreciated nevertheless Dee thank you for thinking of me, finished the game yesterday, it was brilliant!!!

Hope your both and everyone else on the site is having a brilliant day :)

thanks very much

Kit

(going to have to switch to the other board and hope to see you over there :) )
meerkit
Peasant

Return to Millennium: A New Hope - Help and Questions