Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Grapes

Grapes

Postby HisChild » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:00 pm

According to the list there are supposed to be 11 grapes in Scarlet River. I have found 8. I am so water logged from running around in the rain looking for grapes! I have looked under bushes and of course dug through ever clump of delphniums that I can find. Any useful hints on where to find grapes? Are there any in the water? I found grapes hiding behind bushes and grapes in plain site, but some how 3 of them keep alluding me and I can't see them on the map. I can almost do the Scarlet River run blind folded.

I really am trying to make this game work and enjoy it. I am using different strategies this time too. Why don't all critters at least drop something that is worth a gold or useful in other ways? The experience is hardly worth the effort.

Frustrated still!
HisChild
Wanderer

Re: Grapes

Postby Indinera » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:16 pm

You seem to want to complete fully, but it takes time and practise, especially if that is your first time playing. :)
We'll be working on a guide for this game very soon btw.

As for monsters, the experience will make you stronger and eventually you won't even need money anymore. +::wizard
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby HisChild » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:53 am

I do sound cranky and I'm sorry. I am chronically ill and in pain all the time and sometimes I "leak" more than I would like to. If I didn't enjoy this game so much I wouldn't be trying so hard. I saw this game when it first came out and decided to wait until you were well along with development so that maybe the guides would be out and the bugs worked through. It is good to know that killing critters to kill them for exp only will eventually have some benefit. I was actually escaping out of battle because I thought all I was doing was losing HP and not getting much of anything. Knowing how much experience it takes to level, how close to dead a critter is, things like that would help to plan strategy better. Like I said, I'm trying a different way of playing this time. I have been through the Scarlet River at least 4 times now I think, and I still haven't found enough grapes to complete my quest. I thought I was looking pretty close at every flower and bush for the hidden ones, but obviously not. Maybe I'll look in the water around the artist. Perhaps having her point out her underwater sculptures has more meaning to it than just cool programming. Here we go again. Still haven't dried out yet so it is a good time to go get soaked again.

Thanks
HisChild
Wanderer

Postby HisChild » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:54 am

FOUND ANOTHER ISLAND WITH 2 GRAPES RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE! One day maybe I'll find #11, but for now we are so happy! Now can we find Festina again?

Thanks!
HisChild
Wanderer

Postby loof123 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:01 pm

Make sure to explore EVERY place in Scarlet River. These maps will help you:
http://www.aldorlea.org/officialsite/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=1706
Maps of Scarlet River. I think you can see the grapes there. And the only reward for grapes is gold IIRC 100 gold... But then a quest is a quest.
loof123
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby HisChild » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:59 pm

One day when I'm really bored and want to do something where it takes no really thinking I'll go do the Scarlet River AGAIN for what would probably be about the 10th time. I forgot I had to go to Pinerock, not Festina, with the grapes. So another trip back through the SR. I tell you I don't think I could have missed a single spot, but I did miss that one island hop where I found the 2 grapes I needed. I just want EVERYTHING! OCD type. I can't see most of the grapes on those screen shots. I wish they were more like maps than screen shots, but maybe one day.

Thanks
HisChild
Wanderer

Return to Millennium: A New Hope - Help and Questions