Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Splash Box from The Forge

Splash Box from The Forge

Postby HisChild » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:50 am

I am getting so tired of back tracking and according to the item list here it says that if I want the special item from the Forge, the Splash Box, that before I head off into the Lighted Swamp with Karine after she joines me, then I have to go back to the Forge to get it or I won't be able to get it. Is that true?

What a pain the tush! That means another round trip through Rocky Path just to get one item!

Thanks
HisChild
Wanderer

Re: Splash Box from The Forge

Postby D-Squall » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:00 am

When Karine joins, she'll refuse to go back to the Rocky Path until you kill the Rogue. Only when you kill the Rogue AND she joins permanently, you will be able to go back to the forge.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby HisChild » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:21 am

I'll read what the list from this site says (it is almost at the end where the Forge items are listed): "Splash Box - Afer you get Karine, Do not follow path that she shows you before you get this or it will be gone." Thus my confusion. So when she leads me off into the Lighted Swamp and then to the Rogue the first time I'm cool correct? Does she lead me somewhere else later? I have done the Lighted Swamp once and got wiped trying to get the Rogue and had to go back a long way in my saves to get a enough gold, and I hope experience, to make it through this time. I picked up the Miracle Key for locked chests on my way back to the Swamp.

I hate having to keep going back to some where I have been so many times before either by my own mistakes or because that is what the game makes you do. I still have to go back to Green Grass to get that locked chest and some cave to get a kind of fire. So much back tracking!

Off to bed and to try tomorrow. If you could confirm about doing the Swamp and the Rogue and then going back to the Forge that would be great. I don't want to lose an iten and have to go back and play areas over and over again, AGAIN.

Thanks.
HisChild
Wanderer

Postby D-Squall » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:56 am

Actually, when you find Karine and she joins you in Bogobaka, you couldn't get to the forge even if you wanted, she refuse to leave her region until you have killed the rogue. Only after you kill the Rogue that you will be able to buy the Splash Box.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby loof123 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:58 pm

That path has NOTHING to do with swamp. That path is in Rocky Path. After you killed the rogue and you're on your way to Green Grass, she'll show you a secret path to a monastery that you couldn't access before. Before going there, go to forge buy the splash box and return.
loof123
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby HisChild » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:02 pm

Now that makes sense! The person who did the list was very nice to put that much work into it, but maybe a slight addendum to that one item would help somebody else from coming to the same wrong conclusion.

Thanks for the help.
HisChild
Wanderer

Return to Millennium: A New Hope - Help and Questions