Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Can Millennium 1 side quests be completed in Millennium 2?

Can Millennium 1 side quests be completed in Millennium 2?

Postby kalirion » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:28 am

Just wondering if I should complete all the sidequests of A New Hope before playing the continuation, or if the quests will still be available for completion in Millennium 2?

Edit: Well, just found out about the forge from a walkthrough, went there and its closed. So much for completing the quests.

Was it really a sound design decision to require a walkthrough and hours of backtracking all the way across the map in order to complete quests?
kalirion
Peasant

Re: Can Millennium 1 side quests be completed in Millennium

Postby D-Squall » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:12 pm

You need to do a lot of backtracking to complete MM1 quests, but you can pass through some places after you went once.

And yes, you can only complete MM1 quests in MM1... you won't carry over quests from the previous game to the sequel.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby Indinera » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:57 pm

MM2 happens in a totally different area so yes you need to finish them all in MM1.
MM1 is like Vegas. What happens in MM1 stays in MM1 lol
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby kalirion » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:34 pm

All right, thanks. Guess I'll see how many sidequests I can complete without access to the Forge and move on to the sequel.

Does Millennium 2 have a similar "gotta do this at this point in the plot because its impossible later"? I'm not a fan of using walkthroughs unless I'm stuck.

Also,
Spoiler: show
will the Monk be playable in Millennium 2, or is there not much point to spending gold on him now, except to maybe make it a bit easier to defeat some of the beats?

Edit: Another also - seems I can no longer fight the ghost in the woods, he just escapes. But when I first got to him he was literally unbeatable, as none of my attacks did any damage and the fairy stopped attacking after several turns, with only the Heal option available.
kalirion
Peasant

Postby Tomas » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:07 pm

I would say that probably all Aldorlea games have theirs "gotta do this at this point in the plot because its impossible later" moments. It can be frustrating sometimes, but that's what makes them so rewarding, too.

As for Hirado (the Monk)
Spoiler: show
No, he won't be in your party in MM2. I should add, though, that money from MM1 doesn't transfer to MM2 (only "indirectly", i.e. by buying items in MM1 and selling them in MM2), so there's no reason to save it.

And I have no idea what's wrong with the ghost, he should be "fightable" everytime, because it's not an optional fight, I believe.
Tomas
Ranger

Return to Millennium: A New Hope - Help and Questions