Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Help beating Rogue

Help beating Rogue

Postby NG14916 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:26 am

I made the mistake of choosing normal mode and now I can't beat Rogue. I don't want to have to restart the game just to change the difficulty. Is there any special strategy that you're supposed to use? Marine, Benoit, and Karine are level 17, 16, and 18. I use Benoit's Wind Hand to halve Rogue's defense and Iron Hand to stun it, but Marine and Karine always die really early so I'm left with just Jeanne and Benoit for a bunch of turns. I'm usually able to keep him alive until I get unlucky with the Bleed status effect. Also, Karine keeps dying from Rogue's counters. What should I do?
NG14916
Peasant

Re: Help beating Rogue

Postby loof123 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:52 am

It's been a long while since I last played MM1, but I'll try to help. Marine, as usual should Summon Jeanne first turn. Then if she learned it, she can use Red Orb to Boost Attack, which is quite helpful. Benoit should, as you said, use Wind Hand to break its Defense, and then Slash Hand if you learned it, to break its attack. But I don't think his attack was breakable. Iron Hand to stun him, can work, but he doesn't get Stunned each turn, so try a lot. All Karine can do, tbh, is die. She can use Martial Mind before the fight to raise her evade, during the fight, she can try to scare the Rogue, but I don't remember if that was possible, and she can use Fighting Power or something like that to raise her strength. If anything, your levels are a bit low, my levels when fighting the Rogue was Marine and Benoit 20-21 or something, and Karine was 19. If you still can't beat it, you can upload your savefile and I'll try to beat it for you. But it is possible, I did it on hard.
loof123
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby NG14916 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:13 pm

Thanks, I'll give it a shot. I think I need to spend some time grinding, I don't have red orb yet. I'll see if scare works, too, but I don't think it does.

Edit: Slash Hand does work, it made the fight a lot more manageable.
NG14916
Peasant

Postby loof123 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:39 pm

Great, so you beat him? That's great! Enjoy the rest of the game, and don't be afraid to ask if something else comes up :)
loof123
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Return to Millennium: A New Hope - Help and Questions