Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

ALDORLEA'S TALE OF A COMMON MAN IS OUT!!!!!

Re: ALDORLEA'S TALE OF A COMMON MAN IS OUT!!!!!

Postby sunfluer » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:55 am

Saphira wrote:sunfleur you need to download the full game and when you open it you will be asked to provide the key then. You are still using the demo version. Hope that helps :)

Thanks! I forgot to check the email to see if there was a download link. On to more adventuring! +::Thumbup
sunfluer
Mercenary

Postby johnboy412000 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:06 am

Looks good and downloaded the demo in readiness to try it out.Dont think ill be disapointed Indy's games are always worth buying.Onwards and upwards lets give it whirl +::YAY
johnboy412000
Bounty Hunter

Postby myst23 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:29 am

Help! I want to try this game and then buy it but windows 8.1 wont let me. Says it was discarded then it proudly comes up
with "windows protected you from possible threat". I kmpw its a negative postive or whatever but I cant turn McAffee off to download it and then play it. Can someone please help?
myst23
Bard

Postby Kes » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:33 am

briony wrote:Just downloaded game - it looks great but I am having a small problem - when I go enter "spend points" - the only person I get is Jerrat even though I have Aaydan and Eloabeth in my party and I do not know how to get the others on to the screen- it does not scroll down to them - please help

Two ways of doing this

When you select Spend Points in the menu, choose which character to open up - like you do with skills or equipment. The second way is using 'Page up/down.
Kes
Explorer

Postby Kes » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:39 am

myst23 wrote:Help! I want to try this game and then buy it but windows 8.1 wont let me. Says it was discarded then it proudly comes up
with "windows protected you from possible threat". I kmpw its a negative postive or whatever but I cant turn McAffee off to download it and then play it. Can someone please help?

I'd like to help, but I don't have Windows 8 or Mcafee. However, as it says Windows protected you, it's unlikely to be Mcafee. Have you looked in Control Panel for Security settings and temporarily disable it there?
Kes
Explorer

Postby johnboy412000 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:12 am

Ok played a bit of the demo and like the game so far so have committed to buying it along with the guide.A worth while spend i reckon.Playing on easy mode for a start. +::YAY +::clap
johnboy412000
Bounty Hunter

Postby briony » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:33 am

Many thanks Kes - it only works for me (as you suggested} using the page up/down button not the other way - do not know why but thanks+: +::YAY
briony
DreamLord of Myst

Postby Indinera » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:42 am

myst23 wrote:Help! I want to try this game and then buy it but windows 8.1 wont let me. Says it was discarded then it proudly comes up

Is it the Demo that is flagged?
Have you tried to contact McAfee about it? This AV is one of the very worst of them all, usually flagging everything.
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Indinera » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:17 am

Thanks everyone for the nice comments! Hope you're all enjoying the game! :)
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Saphira » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:35 am

Love the fact that you get what the characters are thinking, it fleshes them out even more. Having such fun playing this looks like a late night for me + +::biggrin
Saphira
Explorer

Postby Indinera » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:37 am

Saphira wrote:Love the fact that you get what the characters are thinking, it fleshes them out even more. Having such fun playing this looks like a late night for me + +::biggrin

Glad you love it!
Agreed on the charas' thoughts. +::Thumbup ;)
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby sunfluer » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:44 pm

briony, I don't know if this will work for you or not, but the way I was able to change to different characters in the spend points screen was with the "q" and "w" buttons. I am running windows 7, so I don't know if that would have anything to do with it or not.

Really enjoying the game so far! I also agree about liking the thoughts of the characters. It gives more depth to the characters and the story.
sunfluer
Mercenary

Postby Indinera » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:05 pm

I also agree about liking the thoughts of the characters.

This is a brilliant idea from Kes. I might use it in my future games. :razz:
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby bgamer » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:40 pm

I have just downloaded the demo to give the game a try. I am enjoying it immensely so far. I do have two questions, for the secret rooms how many should we expect to find until the ending of the demo?
Spoiler: show
I only found 3 up to greenwell area.
Also, how come we can’t backtrack to previous locations in the game? :)
bgamer
Wanderer

Postby littlebro » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:52 pm

bgamer wrote:I have just downloaded the demo to give the game a try. I am enjoying it immensely so far. I do have two questions, for the secret rooms how many should we expect to find until the ending of the demo? Also, how come we can’t backtrack to previous locations in the game? :)

I can answer the first part.
I got the same number as you before Greenwell, but the demo goes on beyond there, and I found another one in the next area.

As for not being able to go back, I'd have to guess that.
You can't go back to the farm with Aaydon because there is, as Jerrat says, no food there. So it would be the logic of the story. And I think (guess) that it would be the logic of the story which then says you can't go back into the Woods after you've completed that big side quest, you have to move on. Of course, I could be wrong about either or both of those, but that's how I explained it to myself.
littlebro
Ranger

PreviousNext

Return to The Tale of a Common Man - Help and Questions