Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Aplestia

Re: New RPG: Aplestia

Postby OrfeasGS » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:19 pm

Palerose wrote:Hi, my controller only works to move, It will not let me talk to anyone or open chests is there any thing I can do to get the controller to fully work? Thank You, Palerose.

All widely used controllers are natively supported by RPGMaker MV. Could you tell me some more information about yours? (brand, model etc)
OrfeasGS
Mercenary

Postby pafpearl » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:32 am

Hi, I played the demo and enjoyed it but I had considerable lag at times, especially during battles. It would happen after I opened a chest or found some loot or sometimes going from inside to outside or vice versa. if the last happened if I go back in/out that would fix it until the next time. It happens whether I am on dash or regular. I think the lag during battle is the most annoying. Its not just a matter of speeding up the battle because even the graphics move slowly.

Also I read there are secret rooms. Any tips? So far no secrets found in the demo.

Thanks!
pafpearl
Bard

Postby Palerose » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:22 am

It's a generic controller, it says UBS Universal Serial BUS. If this helps.Thank You for trying to help me.
Palerose
Peasant

Postby Valdy » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:03 am

I didn't mention lagging in my game, because no one else did, so I thought it must be me. But since Pafpearl mentioned some lagging, I want to say that the lagging or freezing I came across occurred right at the start when I wanted to open the game. At first the window was just a white screen with a tiny image at the top left. Took a minute or so to turn black and then continue into the game's picture. Then the same happened with the next picture that comes up where you choose to continue a game or exit, etc. Then the lagging or freezing happened when I went into the menu the first time (where I can see the characters's stats), and it also happened when I received something big (big fanfare). But it only happened once and then settled, except from when I first open the game. It always comes up as a white window with a tiny image before it settles into the game picture.

Now, after playing this game, I wanted to play The Deal again, and the same lagging suddenly happened when I wanted to open the game. So I uninstalled Aplestia, restarted my computer, and then tried again, and the lagging time disappeared from The Deal. It never happened with The Deal until I had this game installed, so maybe there is a file or something in this game that is affecting The Deal in the same way as it does this game.
Valdy
Explorer

Postby OrfeasGS » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:53 am

Alright, here are some answers about the issues you have been encountering.

About the controller:
Spoiler: show
Unfortunately, I cannot really say anything about that specific controller. Try opening the game with the controller already plugged in and press a button first that is not a directional pad (just X, A or a button equivalent to those) and then try to use it. Controllers have a wide range of driver software installed into them, with the mostly used being DirectInput and XInput, with both of those supported completely by the games. If your controller uses something else, I cannot force it to work with the game, unfortunately. sorry for this problem.

About the random freeze:
Try and change the FPS Synch option in the Options Menu. This will fix most lagging problems. Otherwise, close any other program or application that you have opened at the same time as Aplestia. Most common culprits: Google Chrome, Steam, torrent clients, Microsoft Store. Hope this helps. If your lag is in-battle, FPS Synch must be the key here. (RAM needed for the game 1GB, I presume you have that since you play games from aldorlea)

Vald!:
This seems rather strange. There is literally no common file between these two games.
When you open Aplestia it will always take a bit of time to start, since it force opens itself in Fullscreen mode and takes a minute to understand your screen resolution. Fanfare events (like opening a chest with an important item) do not "freeze"... it's made to wait a bit before giving you control again (3-8 seconds depending on the fanfare), in order to clear the music cache. That's a precaution taken consciously.
Check if you have the same FPS Synch option in both games too.
EDIT: I think the fullscreen option and music options for The DEAl and Aplestia are the same. Try and keep both games with the same options, if you can. I think this will solve your issue. (the games save your options by default the moment you change them)
OrfeasGS
Mercenary

Postby Valdy » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:51 pm

Thank you for the info, OrfeasGS. I am glad you explained how it works.
Because I didn't see anyone else posting about a delay, I thought it was my laptop doing it, until I restarted The Deal and came across the exact same problem, which disappeared after deleting Aplestia again.
Valdy
Explorer

Postby OrfeasGS » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:53 pm

Vald wrote:Thank you for the info, OrfeasGS. I am glad you explained how it works.
Because I didn't see anyone else posting about a delay, I thought it was my laptop doing it, until I restarted The Deal and came across the exact same problem, which disappeared after deleting Aplestia again.

No problem! If you decide to reinstall Aplestia, be sure it has the same options configuration as The Deal. Different options work for different setups. Never shy away from posting or sending an e-mail with issues you're encountering, because the fix could be addressed easily with just a simple update. I think we've proven that we try our best to keep our games up to date and as smooth as we can.
OrfeasGS
Mercenary

Postby Elyona » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:22 pm

What do I do with the Ectoplasmic Ball you get after you energize the 6 Gargoyle Statues? +::sos
Elyona
Wanderer

Postby OrfeasGS » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:52 am

Elyona wrote:What do I do with the Ectoplasmic Ball you get after you energize the 6 Gargoyle Statues? +::sos

Hehe!

You can give it to Spoko - the crazy man in the Pub. He will give you a lot of money, some funny dialog and an extra ending cutscene!
OrfeasGS
Mercenary

Postby Elyona » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:38 pm

OrfeasGS wrote:
Elyona wrote:What do I do with the Ectoplasmic Ball you get after you energize the 6 Gargoyle Statues? +::sos

Hehe!

You can give it to Spoko - the crazy man in the Pub. He will give you a lot of money, some funny dialog and an extra ending cutscene!

thanks so much, I'll try that out. Totally forgot out the people in the pub. +:oops:
Elyona
Wanderer

Postby kimo » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:29 pm

My 2 cents.

Solid 8 hours of play for me and I think I finished every quest. My characters were level 19 at the final battle, which was surprisingly easy. I was expecting some evil backup toward the end of the fight, but I guess demons have big egos and don't need help against puny humans.

I didn't have any severe lag problems like during The Deal. <Shift> gives you dash ability and you can turn on dash in the preferences menu which was a bonus when walking.

I did not find any "secret rooms" and I explore virtually everywhere. But, there were several rooms that were only revealed in order after you activate a particular alter and also acquired certain weapons.

I had no problem with gold during this game and ended with 5000. Merchants were scattered and supplies were available in somewhat surprising areas.

I suggest you save often, just in case you want to see what the "Game Over" screen looks like. +::biggrin

If you have "memory leak" issues (aka old age), you might want to write down stuff that you encounter so you remember later where you need to return.

This was an enjoyable game and worth the price of $1.00 per hour to be able to play something new.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby OrfeasGS » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:59 am

Thank you for your nice words, kimo! Really glad you enjoyed our small game! +::YAY

Now... I can't help but wonder as to what "secret rooms" really are. I presumed that they are some kind of magical, extra game content in form of "rooms" or small dungeons. That's why I thought that the rooms in Aplestia, that require you to have specific weapons in order to open, are considered "secret rooms"... but I guess I was wrong!
Could someone fill me in as to what exactly these secret rooms are? (and maybe as to what we expect to find in them? I usually put in my version of secret rooms the most powerful weapons or armor)
OrfeasGS
Mercenary

Postby nicholas » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:15 am

My game is running super slow. I have the options to run or walk fast marked yes but characters take forever to move. At first I thought it was the demo so I bought the game and it still runs really slow. Takes forever for one character to get from one place to another, Please help. The game looks fun,. :( +::sos
nicholas
Bard

Postby OrfeasGS » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:59 am

If anyone is experiencing lag or slowness during gameplay, change the FPS Synch option in the Options menu and then restart the game. Be sure to only have Aplestia running and no other "heavy" programs such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, other games, Steam and others.
OrfeasGS
Mercenary

Postby hcopter51 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:07 pm

Couple questions here....Where are the six Gargoyles, I am missing one and where is the tower everyone is talking about??? Is there a list somewhere of all the quests? Thanks.... +::biggrin
hcopter51
Bard

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers