Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Speedruns?

Speedruns?

Postby DBomb » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:39 am

Hello everyone, LONG time player of various Aldorlea games, with my favorites to date being the Millennium Saga (Though The Tale of a Common Man occupied a lot of my recent time). For my first post, I would like to see how many people have attempted to speedrun this game and what your best times were. In light of recently completing a new PB for this first title, I submitted a request to add it to speedrun.com and was recently approved, so I will be submitting my own best time (4:01:23, with room for improvement in at least two segments I can think of). I would like to encourage those of you who are confident in your own best times to submit as well. I would like to compare my own time to other potential speedrunners of this game and potentially encourage future runs of this game. I will also be submitting my Millennium 2 run for consideration on speedrun.com, and will make a topic for that if there is any interest and this one isn't violating any rules I'm unaware of.

I'd like to finish this first post by thanking Indinera for an amazing game series that I will likely keep attempting to better myself at until I die. :D
DBomb
Peasant

Re: Speedruns?

Postby Indinera » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:17 am

if there is any interest and this one isn't violating any rules I'm unaware of.

No violation and there's at least me who's interested. :)
The only thing is that sadly I rarely ever speedrun myself. Which mode did you pick btw? Normal?

I'd like to finish this first post by thanking Indinera for an amazing game series that I will likely keep attempting to better myself at until I die. :D

Thank you very much, glad you loved it!
Any similar love for the Laxius Force series? :razz:
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby DBomb » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:26 pm

Sadly, I haven't played Laxius Force as of yet, but I own all but your most recent games on Steam. I plan to purchase and play through the Laxius Force games at some point in the near future, though. :)

As for mode? I picked Hard mode. I wanted to see how fast I could beat the hardest difficulty. I'm currently sitting down to do some practice on 3. I estimate around 6 hours so far as I try to figure out what exactly I'll need in order to prepare for the final boss.
DBomb
Peasant

Postby Indinera » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:29 pm

My games in Hard Mode are generally pretty challenging. Would be interesting to see how you'd fare with the LF games (which are much bigger than the MM ones) 8) +::fear
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby DBomb » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:38 pm

Oh wow, I did NOT mean to leave you unanswered as long as I did. To respond to what you said about challenge, your hard modes are indeed very challenging. I do a CRAZY amount of preparation for a lot of them because I know there'll always be that ONE segment that trolls me in some way. In Millennium 1, it's the eagle ambush on Rocky Path and/or the Tiger/Lion ambush right in front of Bogobaka. In MM2, it's Eternal Autumn. And, in attempting to path MM3 for a speedrun, I've learned that one segment is any segment involving Combat Orcs/Veteran Orcs since they're so strong they can one-shot almost any character (in particular, they're smart enough to favor slaughtering Dee).

I would very much like to play the Laxius Force games, maybe even run those once I've gotten good enough at them. :D I'm finally about to attempt a MM3 run in the next couple of days, and I'm not going to worry about party wipes this first time through since I don't have a particular time I have to beat. One thing that's kept me from attempting it until now was a paralyzing fear that there are no Mandragore aside from the ones you start with and can pick up in Secret Room #2 until you can farm Young ones off of the snakes in Hungry Cave.
DBomb
Peasant

Return to Millennium: A New Hope - Help and Questions