Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

3 Stars Vs Millennium

A place to discuss the game - big spoilers inside!

3S Vs MM

3 Stars
27%
Millennium
20%
Tie
53%

Total votes : 15

Re: 3 Stars Vs Millennium

Postby Indinera » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:09 am

Awwww well, historically it's my first game ever XD
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Tomas » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:43 pm

Considering how your games evolved, Legend will be certainly very bloody and only for 18+, then... +::biggrin
Tomas
Ranger

Postby Indinera » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:54 pm

not at all actually ^^

i had very different stories back then but only LP made it to videogame because the others were either tactic rpgs or futuristic rpgs +::biggrin
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Tomas » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:56 pm

Tactic rpg or futuristic rpg, now this starts to be really interesting. But the name Legend doesn't seem to be much futuristic, thus I would bet the first possibility.
Tomas
Ranger

Postby RPGeez » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:37 pm

I enjoyed Millennium more because of the following:

In Millennium you have less skills to use and some you can only use a few times before you need to rest or use myst dinners.

I would rather have a few really good and necessary skills than have 20 + and only use maybe half of them. It makes for better strategy when fighting bosses and in general you need to think about how to defeat bosses based on limited skill sets for each character. Remember the characters are human and should have some level of limitation which makes for a more interesting gaming experience .

I also found the equipment for each character in Millennium unique and in most cases I needed that equipment and skills to defeat bosses and other games such as 3 Stars and Laxius series which I enjoyed for different reasons I found that there was too much to chose from.

I enjoyed that it was mostly hand to hand combat and was surprised when after defeating Djinn Marine said that they had to leave the equipment behind. I really wanted to keep the laser cannons and ancient rifle. Oh well life goes on.

I would rather have less available equipment than to have too much because in my opinion becomes a bit too much and some of the equipment you may never use throughout the entire game.
In 3 stars which was a great RPG I had too many different types of equipment so I sold most of it and kept what I thought was necessary.

I remember a game called "Three the hard way" and in that 2D style RPG I was lucky to find 50G or 50 gold and with that RPG you could not skip over dialogue or you would miss important information and clues to solves quests. I would rather have less gold than more because you need to spend wisely while playing and hoping you are able to find items to get you through the game. It makes for a more realistic and challenging RPG.

When I finished playing Millennium the first time I had 50,000g which was good but I never really needed it.

Also I finished at levels around 40 which was enough for the first game and I did not want to grind trying to reach level 99. I am not sure if characters in the next release keep their levels and if they do I would rather it be more difficult to level up and obtain gold which will add to even greater challenges which is good and again adds to the overall challenge.

I would rather have less than more because it makes the gamer use what they have and use it wisely because in critical boss fights you need to think how to win with limited resources.

Also I like to see a story become more involved and provide subtle clues which you need to read, think, not skip over and take note of to fulfill all quests.

I have played many 2D style RPG games and in some I spent half the time pressing my space bar trying to get through the unnecessary and boring dialogue which in most cases never added to the suspense and had really nothing to do with the real story of the game. Those types of RPG games fail in my opinion. With RPG games less is better and the dialogue should always provide insight, answer questions and provide clues and maybe in some cases confuse the player on how to proceed in fulfilling main and side quests.
That is what separates mediocre and great 2D style RPG.

Conclusion

I enjoyed Millennium for the reasons stated above and cannot wait for the next release.

Cheers
RPGeez +::Thumbup
RPGeez
Ranger

Postby *Logan* » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:14 pm

Tomas wrote:Considering how your games evolved, Legend will be certainly very bloody and only for 18+, then... +::biggrin

I would be very interested in knowing which games are more adult and bloody...
*Logan*

*Logan*
Mercenary

Postby loof123 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:28 pm

Umm... Lax Team and Laxius Power 1??? There isn't much adult things in LP2-3.
loof123
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby Indinera » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:35 pm

*Logan* wrote:
Tomas wrote:Considering how your games evolved, Legend will be certainly very bloody and only for 18+, then... +::biggrin

I would be very interested in knowing which games are more adult and bloody...

Laxius Force
Laxius Force II (especially chapter 7, the best thing I ever wrote till Laxius Force III ^^)

Spoiler: show
Don't judge me on Millennium or Dreamscape, you should have read La Donna E Mobile (a book I wrote) if you wanted to know what I'm capable of lol
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Indinera » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:36 pm

loof123 wrote:Umm... Lax Team and Laxius Power 1??? There isn't much adult things in LP2-3.

You can't be serious lol
LP2 and 3 are just as more adult if not more than LP1. +::O_o +::lol
They can be discussed on their forum:
http://www.laxiusgames.org

:)
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Indinera » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:37 pm

And yeah Lax Team is the goriest, most adult game I've ever released lol
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby loof123 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:21 pm

That's why I didn't play it. :)
loof123
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby Indinera » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:46 pm

it's fine, i was just saying regarding logan's question and his will to experience my darkest games +::biggrin 8)
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby *Logan* » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:10 pm

Indinera wrote:And yeah Lax Team is the goriest, most adult game I've ever released lol

I'll keep this in mind and check it out one day for sure.

As an adult, I have no problem playing games like that. I almost prefer it these days. 8)
*Logan*

*Logan*
Mercenary

Postby Indinera » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:26 am

you should rush on the Laxius Force series then (they are much bigger and better than LT)
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby *Logan* » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:07 am

Dude, I'm already playing Millennium 1 and 3 Stars Of Destiny. So many RPGs, so little time in a day.
*Logan*

*Logan*
Mercenary

Previous

Return to Millennium - Discussions (Spoilers Inside!)