Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

A Boring Game

A place to discuss the game - big spoilers inside!

Re: A Boring Game

Postby Indinera » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:48 am

Thanks for pointing it out, the review is indeed awesome! ^^

http://www.rpgfan.com/reviews/Millenniu ... index.html
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby bamonks » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:56 pm

came into this topic late, but this game was well done and not boring. If you go back to the early 8 bit dragon warrior games on nintendo, that is all you did was to walk around and build up exp and had no maps to navigate caves. made for a fun and challenging experience. Keep up the good work Indie
bamonks
Peasant

Postby RozenSky » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:45 pm

well yeah the maps are really big but not boring, i mean look everywhere you go you like find or collect something which is really fun. its like treasure hunting without clues that is. so i think you got what your moneys worth.
Visit my site: http://www.crystalsky.smfnew.com/index.php
What doesn't kill me makes me Stronger!
Dreams are hopeless aspirations in hopes of coming true
believe in yourself the rest is up to me and you!

RozenSky
Mercenary

Postby Keksich » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:30 pm

anoa212 wrote:This game is quite boring with long paths from one location to another.
What a waste of money +::tired

WHAT?!?! The paths were SMALL!!! xD
It's all even on one continent! Duh!
Keksich
Peasant

Postby granky » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:43 am

It's so boring I played all day when I should have been sewing!!!!(Hope my grandies don't see this post!!)
granky
Peasant

Postby *Logan* » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:12 am

granky wrote:It's so boring I played all day when I should have been sewing!!!!(Hope my grandies don't see this post!!)

Oh they saw this post all right, and they told me to tell you to get BACK to work and stop playing video games!
+::lol
*Logan*

*Logan*
Mercenary

Postby HisChild » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:51 am

anona212 - I think that was your forum name

If you are so bored with these type of RPG games, and since you have done so many of them, why don't you quit whining in forum and go find something that you might enjoy more. Perhaps you have stepped beyond the casual games and these type of RPG games and need something to really dig your teeth into. Move onto something like World of Warcraft or Starcraft or something like that? My daughter has just started playing Warcraft again after a 3 year hiatus and she says it is not the same game it was before and all the annoying things are gone that made her quit. Her best friend is in the top ranks on Warcraft with all her characters after 7 years of playing. She has so many characters that I've lost count. I think it something like a maximum of 50 you can play now on one account. Would you be bored with that? I can't even keep track of all the stuff on the screen let alone a character and what they are doing and dancing the keyboard with two hands at once. I can guarantee you that there is no room for boredom in that game with so many options that you have to constantly be on your toes, especially if you are using all your potential and playing multiple characters. There is no end to the different ways to play. That should end your boredom and whining in a forum that caters to a type of game and playing style that seems that you have outgrown.

I personally still find this game very interesting, despite my own moments of frustration. It will continue to intrigue and certainly challenge me for a very long time! I am not the same level of player as my daughter, and I can actually get enjoyment from this game where something as detailed as Warcraft would have no enjoyment for me.

Beth
HisChild
Wanderer

Postby <3Benoit » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:49 am

anoa212 wrote:
Everyone is certainly entitled to their opinion but I was surprised with this comment. To what games are you comparing them to that the paths seem long and boring, because that could be levied at basically any RPG game on the market.

I think I've given the comparison (LP Series), but if you want more, then there's Aveyond 1-4, Legion Saga, etc. An exception is Everlong which is also boring

Millenium is a different experience I agree and that was done on purpose to differentiate it from others RPG's and to encourage more a sense of adventure and exploring, where you are rewarded for doing so.

Oh yes, killing an animal king over and over again is really awarding.
And yes, I don't have to do it but (ahem) what a ridiculous thing to try.
FYI, I've killed the bear king, the ant queen, the twin red tiger several times and still can encounter them.

Um, I know this topic is from awhile ago,but I had to point out that the Aveyond maps wre SO hard to navigate. The complete opposite of Indy's maps. The only problem I had with mm1 was with the Rogue Territory, and it really wasn't that bad.
Did you notice I changed these words?
<3Benoit
Adventurer

Postby Indinera » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:00 am

Then again the Rogue Territory was supposed to be like that.
I don't make games to copy other people's, I make my own and I like them challenging.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby <3Benoit » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:51 am

Yes, it'd be pretty boring if you knew exactly what to do and exactly how to do it..... +::Zzzz
<3Benoit
Adventurer

Postby Kylie » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:10 am

I hate Indi's games. His games are too original. I only like games where I play the same thing over and over again. I don't like his maps, either. None of the bad guys have loads of coins in their tiny stomachs. His battle music wasn't dramatic enough, either. It should have made me felt like I was fighting Godzilla with a machine gun, even when I was just fighting a tiny wimpy dragonfly.

I only like unoriginal games where the maps are difficult to navigate ALL the time, even in the barren desert maps. And I like my baddies loaded with cash that would be impossible to carry in real life. Also, I only like terrible, awful music that gives me a headache and doesn't fit the setting at all.

+::biggrin +::biggrin +::biggrin +::biggrin +::biggrin +::biggrin +::biggrin +::biggrin +::biggrin

Spoiler: show
For people who have trouble getting jokes, I should let you know that the above was a joke.
+::biggrin
If I have a ton of typos, it is because I am on my phone and I have the tiniest keypad ever! Please excuse my mistakes! :)
Kylie
Ranger

Postby <3Benoit » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:41 am

Oh mah gawsh, I totes agre with u.... they r way 2 original, Indy, tone down the originalness, duhz...

XD
<3Benoit
Adventurer

Postby Indinera » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:32 am

<3Benoit wrote:Yes, it'd be pretty boring if you knew exactly what to do and exactly how to do it..... +::Zzzz

IMO challenge is great.
What kind of satisfaction do you get at the end of a game where everything went smoothly and as expected?

@Kylie: very funny xD
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby <3Benoit » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:09 pm

You don't feel accomplished at the end if it was ridiculously easy, either.
<3Benoit
Adventurer

Postby Kylie » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:45 pm

Indinera wrote:
IMO challenge is great.
What kind of satisfaction do you get at the end of a game where everything went smoothly and as expected?

@Kylie: very funny xD

Yes! I do like a challenge. I used pick out a project in art class, and then my teacher would tell me that I wouldn't be able to do it, and then I would HAVE to do it. It didn't always turn out that great, but sometimes it turned out nicely. +::biggrin

It isn't very satisfying at all! And your game story lines often have cool, unexpected twists. (Unexpected to the majority of people. I'm too good at guessing the future of stuff. +::biggrin )
I like that way better than a game where ANYONE knows exactly what will happen next.

+::biggrin You are one of the few people who doesn't misunderstand my joking around all the time. +::biggrin
If I have a ton of typos, it is because I am on my phone and I have the tiniest keypad ever! Please excuse my mistakes! :)
Kylie
Ranger

PreviousNext

Return to Millennium - Discussions (Spoilers Inside!)