Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

A Boring Game

A place to discuss the game - big spoilers inside!

A Boring Game

Postby anoa212 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:57 pm

This game is quite boring with long paths from one location to another.
What a waste of money +::tired
anoa212
Peasant

Re: A Boring Game

Postby Indinera » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:19 pm

well you should see what I've done in other games lol there is nothing particularly long in Millennium, to the possible exception of the last place (and with reason).

I tend to like bigger places because imo it's funnier to explore, more challenging etc. certainly not a waste of time in my book.
but in any case I've always done games this way so maybe my style doesn't fit your liking?
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby titaness » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:29 pm

These type games can be difficult if you aren't use to or don't enjoy them. There are many, many who
enjoy, support, and promote this genre, and Indy in particular. There are other types you may wish to
explore that would meet your needs better. But whatever you decide, do not let frustration guide you,
diligence will inevitably make a winner of you. Patience is an important virtue, which can ease your
real life existence, too. You should practice it! :)
Image Image
I must cherish every moment, for it soon will rush away
And be lost to me forever, as a part of yesterday
titaness
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby Indinera » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:32 pm

To me, Millennium is quite well balanced and better balanced than some other games I've made, so I'm surprised with this comment. I could understand someone saying the Mosquito Swamp in LP3 becomes boring after a while, but nothing in MM really stands out as "boring" imo.
Anyway - Titaness is right, maybe another game will suit your needs better, or maybe persisting in MM will make you change your mind about it. :)
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby titaness » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:34 pm

Indy, I have read a few things like this, and though I disagree with them, have you considered a map
of the area in a "very easy" version? Would take more time, but would help the "frustrated" ones we've
encountered from time to time.
Image Image
titaness
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby Indinera » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:36 pm

hmmm at this point it would take too much time (as in, delay Asguaard) and could end up with glitches.

but the forum is helping a lot on that matter - I mean, if you look at SurferGranny's map, it's even better than an in-game map. :)
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby titaness » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:43 pm

Heavens, Do nothing to delay the release of Asguaard or suffer the wraith of many! It's not nice to anger
the Oracle. Simple maps are just a thought for the future, ya know? +::lol :razz: Granny's maps are incredible, but I'm talking about just a simple linear type thing. It may encourage some to continue until
they're hopelessly enthralled like the rest of us! HEHEHE +::lol +::YAY
Image Image
titaness
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby anoa212 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:18 am

Walking down the Rocky path, encountering those werewolves, bears, hawks, dinos again and again everytime you go back and forth to enhance your strength , taking significant blows in every encounter, that is really boring.
Well don't bother, I have played all LP series and LF and followed the forum. It's typical Indinera, everything seems perfect from his perspective. Others are just nonsense
anoa212
Peasant

Postby bobbydaz » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:46 am

Everyone is certainly entitled to their opinion but I was surprised with this comment. To what games are you comparing them to that the paths seem long and boring, because that could be levied at basically any RPG game on the market.

With regards to Indy and everything seeming perfect from his end, I have found him quite open to feedback and few developers really take the time to listen and engage constructively as he does. He is constantly seeking to improve and takes comments both positive and negative on the chin.

Millenium is a different experience I agree and that was done on purpose to differentiate it from others RPG's and to encourage more a sense of adventure and exploring, where you are rewarded for doing so.

Dont forget you can change the encounter rate with monsters if that is annoying you.

But no hard feelings and you are certainly entitled to your viewpoint. :)
bobbydaz
Explorer

Postby anoa212 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:04 am

Everyone is certainly entitled to their opinion but I was surprised with this comment. To what games are you comparing them to that the paths seem long and boring, because that could be levied at basically any RPG game on the market.

I think I've given the comparison (LP Series), but if you want more, then there's Aveyond 1-4, Legion Saga, etc. An exception is Everlong which is also boring

Millenium is a different experience I agree and that was done on purpose to differentiate it from others RPG's and to encourage more a sense of adventure and exploring, where you are rewarded for doing so.

Oh yes, killing an animal king over and over again is really awarding.
And yes, I don't have to do it but (ahem) what a ridiculous thing to try.
FYI, I've killed the bear king, the ant queen, the twin red tiger several times and still can encounter them.
anoa212
Peasant

Postby bobbydaz » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:48 am

Well there is no pleasing some people. We can do without the sarcasm and snarky comments mate, completely unnecessary.
bobbydaz
Explorer

Postby Indinera » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:23 am

FYI, I've killed the bear king, the ant queen, the twin red tiger several times and still can encounter them.

Bear King was a glitch (now fixed), the other two, I would really like to know your method. To my knowledge they can't be killed repeatedly but any bug report is welcome. +::Thumbup

I think I've given the comparison (LP Series)

Can I ask - which game of mine did you like most? :)

In any case, thanks for the feedback, it's helpful to me and I'll take it into consideration when developing MM2 so to make it an even better game. +::Thumbup
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby ShadowBlade » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:16 am

Gotta say, I too am surprised that anyone could find Millennium more "boring" than the games you mentioned... LP1 had Tangar's Mountains, and LP3 had the Mosquito Swamp, and they have a lot more walking back and forth than anything you could possibly see in Millennium.

On the contrary, I think Indinera has really done his best to please everyone with his most recent games, and in fact we've had quite a few features to remove as much boredom as possible, especially in Millennium. You've got the mouse to help you find secrets much more easily than in any previous game, you've got difficulty levels, and you can even change the random encounter rate *during* the course of the game (as opposed to just at the start of the game). The jumping feature also makes dungeon exploration more interesting than usual, in my opinion.
ShadowBlade
Mercenary

Postby titaness » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:11 am

Anoa
Well, I'll have to agree with Shadowblade. I know I was one who downloaded MM just about the minute
it was released, due to my love of 3S and LF. I personally found it frustrating to have no quest log to remind me what I wanted to do. Others had the same issue, and Indy listened and responded. He made
a new version that did contain a questbook very quickly, and it really enhanced the game. I would like
to recommend to you that you do as I do. Every time I found myself lost, I went back to the beginning of
the area and made a simple linear map. Every single time, I found what I needed! Of course you'll need
to make a save before you enter each area....just in case!! I also made important notes on it, like location of items and important facts. For instance, the thieves seem to hit you with red orb/black orb
power when you get the map from them!!! At least they did for me 3 times. Dee is the expert in this
regard, so read her notes! And, if you don't need the experience points, you can just escape from the
enemy until they hit you the first time with the orbs!! But, again, this may not be your style of game.
There are certainly many others available!
Image Image
titaness
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby Sly Boots » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:39 am

Well, if it makes anyone feel better, RPGFan just put their review of Millennium on its front page, and in a major update slot. He really liked it. The guy seems pretty supportive of independent developers, though I don't always agree with his reviews (but that's just personal opinion and there's never any accounting for taste.) Still, I credit the guy for pointing me to 3 Stars. Laxius Force wasn't quite my cup of tea, but I see its appeal. And I obviously liked Millennium as well.
Sly Boots
Wanderer

Next

Return to Millennium - Discussions (Spoilers Inside!)