Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Maps better with indications?

A place to discuss the game - big spoilers inside!

Re: Maps better with indications?

Postby HisChild » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:06 am

Amen to more indicators and clearer maps from the person who seems to be asking the majority of the questions lately. I wish there was some way you could make the maps not be screen shots but perhaps a lower level of the programming, like a line drawing phase, so in dark places like SR and LS you can really see more clearly. I absolutely zero about programming so I don't know if that is possible. I'm just guessing from having watched some movie animation specials about special effects. That way then the grapes would show up for old people with computer blinded eyes +::biggrin

Thanks, Beth
HisChild
Wanderer

Postby Indinera » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:11 am

Are you using the green (guiding) arrows though?
The game is made much easier with that function... +::O_o
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby dee0227 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:17 pm

Most of us have learned through playing Indy's games that it's not what you see that matters but what you don't see. He is notorius for hiding stuff in plain site and you just basically have to walk around and click on things to get the total game experience. That's what makes the games so much fun to play a second time. Most of the time you can get through the entire game without finding all of these hidden goodies. But the second time you play, when you know all the game secrets, you just play to have fun and find the hidden goodies. Or at least that's the way I play it.

dee0227
Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what the heck
happened.
dee0227
Ranger

Postby margatuti » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:59 am

AuroraJune wrote:Actually, I came across these games BECAUSE of Amaranth, and no, I don't think Amaranth "spoils" us gamers on their site - they just realize some of their customers are not as good as all of them, and therefore make help available for all levels of players from very very newbie all the way up to other programmers. And, yes, I do like their system. I've bought every game they sell, knowing that if I get overly stuck somewhere, I *CAN* seek help.
This is the first game I've bought here, however, and I have to say - while extremely interesting, I do dislike immensely the fact that neither the big fish walk through nor the walk through here, explain clearly that there are certain places where things HAVE to be done in a very SPECIFIC order, otherwise the next part of the game doesn't unlock and you're permanently stuck if you don't start over from the beginning. I've restarted 4 times now. And, I think I've hit another one of those stops, but.... neither walk through tells me that, nor offers help as to what step I might have missed. Thus me registering and posting.......
I'm stuck in the ancient temple. I've found 3 of the 6 pillars, but I can't *GET* to the third one to activate it, and can't find the other 3 rooms at all. Better maps, please???? PLEASE????? PLEASE???? I'd seriously be willing to buy a map with the directions to/from room to room within the temple (I'd almost be willing to pay more than I paid for the game, I'm that desperate) I've been stuck in the temple for 6 HOURS of searching, and if I have to restart them game again, I'm seriously swearing off your company and never buying another game here!!!!! Its just too frustrating!

MESSAGE FOR INDINERA:
I just about echo exactly what AuroraJune said! Almost. Except for the paying more parts. +::biggrin I am playing Millennium: A New Hope again as I got too frustrated when it first came out and never finished. When I saw the notice on Amaranth that 4 was out -- I took a look at it again -- and then noticed that there was a new build so I downloaded it. The new build was an improvement in some areas -- but I still find it frustrating. Specifically:
> I don't enjoy maps that are hard to navigate because you can't SEE them well -- ie THE SWAMP. As much as it pains me to admit -- I'm probably on the older spectrum of your customer base -- and my eyes don't need the challenge thank you. Yes I used the arrows but that only addresses getting in and out to get The Rogue. I just had to bite the bullet and order my first pair of glasses -- let's not rub it in okay? +:oops:
> I'm not a fan of things that need to be completed in a certain order or they can't be completed at all. Because...
> I like to complete ALL quests and find ALL secret rooms/items. I'm especially adamant about that when each game is part of a continuing series. I understand that what is "hard" for me -- might be "normal" or even "easy" for someone else -- and that if you make the games too easy it's boring. And as a whole I don't find this game hard -- just certain elements/sections.

I like to play the game in its entirety -- asking a question/looking for an answer only if I'm totally stuck -- and then I only want enough info to get moving again. Then at the end I go looking for help with things I can't complete. This is where I am now. I need to find a few more butterflies (got the list here so I should be able to complete that one) -- the last pillar -- and find a few more secret rooms. I used the walkthrough over at BFG -- but either I missed somethings -- or it doesn't point out each secret room -- and I can't find a complete list/guide here. I posted here for help with the pillars -- but no one has answered after 3 days. At Amaranth even questions about the older games get answered. After all -- if I get so frustrated I don't complete the first game -- I'm not going to buy the other 3.

As you have mentioned in other threads -- certainly -- if I don't like your style of RPG I can just choose not to purchase and play them. And I have done that with your Laxius Force series -- not my cup of tea. However I do like this series enough to take the time to look for help and write this message...
margatuti
Peasant

Postby Tomas » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:40 am

margatuti: I posted the answer to your pillars question in the previous topic http://www.aldorlea.org/officialsite/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=7047.

P.s. I know that it can be pretty discouraging if you come to the forum, ask a question and no one answers it, but please understand that Millennium is not a new game, so most people here don't exactly remember where are the pillars or things like that - and thus they tend to wait before answering such a question and hope that "someone will know better". And sometimes it simply happens that this waiting is too long and the question doesn't get answered at all.
Tomas
Ranger

Postby Indinera » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:05 am

I usually try to answer but specific questions about older games can be quite hard for me.
I think, thankfully, that most areas aren't so dark so you should be fine at least with that.
As for completing everything, it is hard by nature. I don't necessarily recommend it but if this is your goal it is usually best to stick around and check past topics and walkthroughs. :)
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Millennium - Discussions (Spoilers Inside!)