Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Game Recommendations

Please post and say hello to us all!

Game Recommendations

Postby Cicero » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:37 pm

Greetings!

I was wondering if you could possibly give me some recommendations. I have been playing this "style" of game (jRPG) for 15 years, and I am very much pleased to see that neither smartphones or Steam has destroyed Aldorlea, as it seems to have so many other developers. I have not, however, ever purchased one of your games before. I tried out demos for a few of your earlier games about seven years ago, I believe 3 stars and the earliest laxius games (maybe the free-to-play?), but at the time I really didn't like them at all, something to do with the combat style and general theme of the game. I have been perusing your catalog now, though, and like what I see (and I have changed in seven years as a person, lolz), and so I am very much willing to give Aldorlea another go now, and would appreciate some help with recommendations for game of yours to start with!

Generally speaking, I enjoy a wide variety of games (strategy, RPG, MMO, city-builder, turn-based), and from this genre in particular, I always enjoyed most Amaranth and John Wizard games. I enjoy a sweeping, serious epic, but I also like it to not necessarily take itself too seriously and to have some humor (or a lot!). I enjoy a sense of accomplishment at the end of a game, so length is often a plus, and an ending that is reasonably happy OR neatly wraps up the story is likewise desirable. Strong story-telling is a must, and I greatly enjoy romances within a game. I like any tie-in to other worlds, alternate dimensions, sci-fi, etc. in my fantasy as well, as well as a unique spin on a traditional trope. I don't care so much about combat (though I prefer visible encounters, I *did* play everlong), and I would far rather read through a lot of well-written story with good English than spend 50 minutes in battles and 5 reading a bad story. Do you have any recommendations? I am a little hesitant to try Laxius given my previous negative experience with the demo, but am certainly open to any guidance you might have for games I should attempt/investigate. I will try out demos, but I find a good recommendation is worth more than a demo usually. Any help you can give me is appreciated! :) Do you ever have any sales?

Also, on a side note, I tried out the demo to Eridani's "Ella's Hope" some years back, loved it to tears, and put off buying it until now, when it is hardly available any more (suck!). I noticed it is no longer available from your site anymore, but apparently only from big fish games (who are annoying to deal with). Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks a bunch for your time and assistance! :)
Cicero
Peasant

Re: Game Recommendations

Postby Indinera » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:21 pm

Hello there!
Based on your preferences, I'd say try this one:
http://aldorlea.org/thetaleofacommonman.php

:)
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Cicero » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:37 am

Awesome, thank you! A couple more questions:

-Do you ever do sales of any sort? It helps to know to wait to purchase or just to get it now +::biggrin
-Do you have any advice on how to obtain Ella's Hope? As I mentioned, I had wanted it some years back but never got it, and your site says it is no longer available...

Thanks! :)
Cicero
Peasant

Postby Indinera » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:03 am

No, I don't do sales.
Ella's Hope is no longer available.
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Return to Welcome to the Official Forum of Aldorlea Games!