Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Hi! I'm new here. And I have some questions...

Please post and say hello to us all!

Hi! I'm new here. And I have some questions...

Postby kkhohoho » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:43 pm

Hello. Like I said I'm new here, and I some questions about the Indie RPG's offered here. I'm busy playing another RPG at the moment, but eventually, I plan to start playing these games. Now, I'd like to know what order would be recommended to start off with, though I suppose I should tell you what I think first. It'll help you to get to know me a bitter. The list doesn't take games from other developers into consideration, though I could always play them in between. It also doesn't take in account Asguaard, but that hasn't been released yet.

1.Millenium. It's supposed to be the shortest of both the Laxius titles, and the upcoming Asguaard, as well as the most focused on the main quest. It's also supposed to have original graphics and sound, but those 2 categories are beneath both gameplay and plot on my RPG priority list.

2.3 Stars of Destiny. Big, but not as much as the the Laxius Force series. The plot serves as a prequel to Laxius as well, which is even more reason to play this before LF.

3.Laxius Force. Consisting of two games, with a third coming out at some point, it sounds like it's the biggest and most complex of the games released so far.

That's my list. Do you agree with it? I'm pretty sure of it myself, but I'd like to know what you think.

EDIT: By 'Indie', I mean "Independant".
Last edited by kkhohoho on Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kkhohoho
Mercenary

Re: Hi! I'm new here. And I have some questions...

Postby loof123 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:45 pm

1.Actually no Millenium has a lot of Side-Quests but all of the RPG games have a major goal right...
Like in Laxius Force The first goal was going to Tyrine but when reading a newspaper in Tyrine they decided to go to Adretana and in Adretana the major goal was destroying Arvendel which you can't do in the first one....
2.Yes but after that you should play Laxius Power It happens before Laxius Force
3.Actually if you combine they should but Laxius Power 3 is very big too...
loof123
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby kkhohoho » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:50 pm

loof123 wrote:1.Actually no Millenium has a lot of Side-Quests but all of the RPG games have a major goal right...
Like in Laxius Force The first goal was going to Tyrine but when reading a newspaper in Tyrine they decided to go to Adretana and in Adretana the major goal was destroying Arvendel which you can't do in the first one....
2.Yes but after that you should play Laxius Power It happens before Laxius Force
3.Actually if you combine they should but Laxius Power 3 is very big too...

Not be rude, but I specifically said 'Indie Games.' Not 'Amateur Games'. I did play some of Laxius Power and Laxius Power 3, but that was quite some time ago. The games being released nowadays are probably better then those earlier titles. And, RPG's do have goals, but some RPG's focus more on the plot then others. Finally, please try to make your posts more understandable.
Last edited by kkhohoho on Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
kkhohoho
Mercenary

Postby eridani » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:54 pm

Indie on this board could also be seen as meaning a shortened version of Indinera as that is what many call him - hence the LP answers I think :)

Also many of our members do not have english as a first language but constanly amaze me anyway lol.

Welcome to the boards ;)
eridani
Ranger

Postby kkhohoho » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:35 pm

Eridani wrote:Indie on this board could also be seen as meaning a shortened version of Indinera as that is what many call him - hence the LP answers I think :)

Also many of our members do not have english as a first language but constanly amaze me anyway lol.

Welcome to the boards ;)

Thanks. I think I'll use 'Independent' instead of 'Indie' from now on. ^_^
kkhohoho
Mercenary

Postby soham051994 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:17 am

try in this order------------laxius power1,2,3 and laxius force 1,laxius force2, 3 stars of destiny
CHAT AND PM ME

soham051994
Explorer

Postby loof123 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:39 am

No try 3SoD before all it is the one what happens before!!!
loof123
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby Indinera » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:43 am

Yes 3 Stars is the best idea for a start - or Millennium.
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby bodeia » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:22 am

Well I'd ask, do you want a long, challenging game, then 3Stars

Now if you want to find out how devilish Indie is then MM will ease you into his mind +::biggrin then you can go on and play the others

I should also say they are all great games.....
Last edited by bodeia on Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Be careful if you make a woman cry because God counts her tears
Woman came out of a man's rib
Not from his feet to be walked on
Not from his head to be superior but from the side to be equal
Under the arm to be protected and next to the heart to be loved
bodeia
Ranger

Postby Indinera » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:25 am

3S and Millennium are generally agreed to be the best ones, although Laxius Force II has a lot of appeal for its storyline.
Make your choice! +::wizard
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby kkhohoho » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:10 pm

Indinera wrote:3S and Millennium are generally agreed to be the best ones, although Laxius Force II has a lot of appeal for its storyline.

I have. I beat Millennium yesterday. I'm now playing Eternal Eden, and once I beat that, I'll play 3 Stars. I'll see if I'll move on straight to Laxius Force after that, as I've still yet to play the first two 'Aveyond: Orbs of Magic' games, (I have no interest in playing Aveyond and 2) and then there's Asgaard and Dark Souls II: Kara's Quest coming out later this month.
kkhohoho
Mercenary

Postby goodlady » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:35 pm

kkhohoho wrote:
Indinera wrote:3S and Millennium are generally agreed to be the best ones, although Laxius Force II has a lot of appeal for its storyline.

I have. I beat Millennium yesterday. I'm now playing Eternal Eden, and once I beat that, I'll play 3 Stars. I'll see if I'll move on straight to Laxius Force after that, as I've still yet to play the first two 'Aveyond: Orbs of Magic' games, (I have no interest in playing Aveyond and 2) and then there's Asgaard and Dark Souls II: Kara's Quest coming out later this month.

:) :) :) just wanted to say i have played all the games listed and really liked them all i am now waiting for the next orb of Aveyond to come out but i also played the first 2 Aveyonds and really like them you should try them to see what you think you might be surprised.
goodlady
Wanderer

Postby soham051994 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:26 am

orbs of magic are better than earlier series, i think
CHAT AND PM ME

soham051994
Explorer

Postby loof123 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:52 pm

Actually AV2 is better for me...
You mean in Orbs of Magic It should be a big game if you combine them together,but You have to wait a lot... and I mean A LOT.The Lost Orb will be released this January and I tell you play 3SoD After EE
(EE is a really good game) and after that if you have played LP series go to Laxius Force... Until You finish Laxius Forces It would be December maybe even January You could play Asguaard and 2 (or maybe the third one would be released) Orbs of Magic series and go to Dark Souls II But I recommend you play AV2 It is very similar to AV3 series
loof123
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby Mystsong » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:22 am

That's probably a good order to play Indy's games in. His storytelling has improved drastically in the past several years and the more recent titles are much more engaging to play because of it.

As far as Amaranth games go, the Orb of Magic games are far and away her best yet but in my opinion Aveyond 1 (and if you can stomach the OLD OLD OLD graphics Ahriman's Prophecy) particularly engaging and very much worth the play. Aveyond 2 had an endearing storyline, but something about it failed to capture me quite the way the first two did. It's still a beautiful piece of work, however.

Eternal Eden is a simply fantastic game. Very innovative and a rather unique storyline.
ImageMyst was my name first and I ain't changing it!
Mystsong
Mercenary

Next

Return to Welcome to the Official Forum of Aldorlea Games!