5%
Friend
1%
Other
10%

Total votes : 91

Re: How did you find this community?

Postby Cassiopeia » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:25 pm

Alikamou wrote:Judibeth...Welcome and Thanks for the help in the game forum +::kiss

Exactly what I wanted to say!!! +::kiss

And I also started with Aveyond! +::Dance
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Indinera » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:48 am

Judibeth wrote:I was playing Aveyond and was waiting for the next game in that series. (I don't remember how I first found Aveyond). I had tried a few role playing games back in the 1980's or perhaps early 1990's, but they seemed to consist mostly of monsters jumping out and attacking in real time. I was already in my 40's and my reflexes were not fast enough for that kind of play, so I had avoided all RPGs after that until accidently discovering Aveyond. Anyway, the Amaranth site suggested players might like Millennium while waiting for the next Aveyond. I played it; I loved it; and here I am. I played all the Millennium games, but did not join the Aldorlea Community until I got stuck on Millennium 5 and needed to ask forum members for help. I'm glad I've joined the community!

Welcome aboard, and hope you'll enjoy your time!

I didn't make just the Millennium series BTW, you should also try other games of mine:
http://www.aldorlea.org/ourgames.php

Highlights (imo) are The Book of Legends, 3 Stars of Destiny and Asguaard (but ask someone else and they will probably give you a totally different trio +::biggrin )
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Judibeth » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:07 pm

Thank you, Indinera. I am already enjoying my time here! I don't have time to play computer games 24/7 as some people seem to do, but I do have Asguaard which I enjoyed playing. I played the trial of Moonchild which seemed interesting, but I want to finish playing the Millennium series, and after playing #5 once, I'll need to go back to play it again at least one more time. By then the next Aveyond game may be out, so I'll desert your games for awhile!

Actually, I prefer games without all that fighting. The Myst series still ranks as my all-time favourite (no fighting!!! :) ). Most adventure games these days are hidden-object sorts, but I still play the ones which have more puzzles than hidden object.

Even if I don't play all your games, I know that you produce quality products. You have provided coutless hours of enjoyment for many people. Thank you! +::Thumbup
Judibeth
Bard

Postby Indinera » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:42 am

Games without fighting -> story mode (when available) +::wizard +::wizard +::wizard
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Kyndig » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:41 pm

think I found this place when I asked on steam where to get a guide or something, I think it was on 3 stars of destiny forum there. I have 3 stars of destiny, aveyond 3-1/3-2, skyborn, book of legends, alpha kimori episode 1 , and millennium 1 a new hope from steam. recently bought opaline, onyx, and something called valcarta from this site.

also bought the guides to book of legends, 3 stars of destiny, millennium, opaline, and onyx.

I plan on buying laxius force series, moonchild ,asguuard, and maybe some others in coming days.
No matter what your level of skill, there is always room for improvement.
Kyndig
Wanderer

Postby Indinera » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:44 pm

Welcome aboard! :)
You are a huge RPG fan no doubt. ;)

I plan on buying laxius force series, moonchild ,asguuard, and maybe some others in coming days.

Your selection has my seal of approval. 8)
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Tomas » Thu May 01, 2014 7:54 am

Welcome aboard, Kyndig. :)
You seem to play a lot. If you enjoy epic games with a lot of content, then you should be really happy with Laxius Force series.
Tomas
Ranger

Postby Kyndig » Thu May 01, 2014 6:58 pm

thanks indinera, and tomas.

yes I play a lot of rpgs and some action hack/slash and some strategy, and sometimes a puzzle game. I like to play games that A. make me think, and B. sometimes make me laugh. I was even called RPGamemaster on a forum or 2 I used to frequent lol. I dislike modern day shooters, for me the shooters were best with duck hunt with the zapper gun for nes and the mech combat game that came with the super nes super scope six. whether it be games I had on my first console the Atari 2600, games I had on my nes and snes, or the original Gameboy, or some on the sega game gear, or original psx, and slim ps2, or ps3 and pc I have mostly been a rpg game buyer and player. I usually play as a male in rpgs, but if a game has a female protagonist, I am not above playing as one . I mean it is roleplaying in a sense is it not?
Kyndig
Wanderer

Postby Tomas » Fri May 02, 2014 6:13 am

Kyndig: I like playing as a woman character, too, sometimes. It's a welcome change from all these "strong male types".

Have you tried some of the more "AAA" RPGs, such as Mass Effect or The Witcher?
Tomas
Ranger

Postby Kyndig » Fri May 02, 2014 6:02 pm

@tomas, haven't played the witcher series yet, but I have tried a demo of one of the mass effect games, since I think I had to , to get access to a item in kingdom of amular or dragon age series. since I kept dying on the mass effect demo and couldn't figure out the controls , I didn't play that lol. I have games like disgaea and dragon age series and dragon's dogma amongst others on my ps 3 on pc I have dungeon siege 2 and it's expansion, jade empire special edition, and skyrim and some divine divinity titles as well as the kotor series.
Kyndig
Wanderer

Postby Gorilla4 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:13 pm

oh gosh... I discovered Aveyond 3,3 on a Sandlot site back in the good old days when it still existed. I fell in love with old school rpg immediatly. I knew a little about Ella's Hope if I can recall right..... I went on the Aveyond site and wanted something similar. Millennium was a little similar for me :) And then I discovered Aldorlea, and a while later I was on the site. Great discovery!
Gorilla4
Bard

Postby Indinera » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:17 am

Great discovery!

Very glad to hear. Millennium is a good starter but more meaty entries include the Laxius Force trilogy, Asguaard, or the latest Forever Heroes. +::heart 8)
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Welcome to the Official Forum of Aldorlea Games!