Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

your Advices on games, help me choose

Please post and say hello to us all!

your Advices on games, help me choose

Postby flavie » Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:57 pm

Hi I'll be offered RPGs!
I loved Laxius Force so I'll buy LF3, and Millenium 1 so I'll buy Millennium 2 and 3.

(Is Asguaard having a following?)
I'll browse RPGs here, those advertised by Amaranthia. I may buy Heileen visual novel game... check hanako games.

Please can you tell me about RPGs you played? Which do you advice me (like Dark Souls, Arevan??)
I played Aveyond games Eternal Eden.
Eternal Eden has an excellent story when we know the end, though mm I didn't like the fact of going back to often to some places, I think I'm not really fond of puzzles.

Waiting for your suggestions! :)

dummy question: to buy a game : you click buy fill in the blanks and then? is it you "download" the demo to enter key number? (then if we already downloaded the demo before buying, we'll come backto it to enter key number)
If you love searching the truth, fight for human race,good and bad sex, sadism to stop, the prequel is WTF
Read "The sword of Truth" by Terry Goodkind in your language or English. Read the prequel after "the Confessor" to not be spoiled.
flavie
Explorer

Re: your Advices on games, help me choose

Postby AuntIggy » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:22 pm

My favorite game because of the storyline was Eternal Eden which has a sequel scheduled to come out soon. I love the Aveyond series which has a sequel coming out on Dec. 21.
Asguaard, Dreamscape and 3 Stars of Destiny are great games.
Arvale is a very cute series.
Eridani has started her own forum and has two games out which are fantastic - Ella's Hope and the newest The Witch and the Warrior - found at Eridani Games.
There are quit a few others: Dawn's Light series, Last Heroes series.

Here is a link to the thread on this site that offers almost all of the games that others make viewforum.php?f=36.
You can try out the demos to see which ones you like.
“It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.”
― Abraham Lincoln
AuntIggy
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Postby flavie » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:47 pm

I'm at the last part of Asguaard, I love being able to travel in the air to go back to some places for masterising skills. I'll browse RPGs but downloading demo everytime, I hope I can see some short videos. I'm tempted by Dark Souls, Arvale..
If you love searching the truth, fight for human race,good and bad sex, sadism to stop, the prequel is WTF
Read "The sword of Truth" by Terry Goodkind in your language or English. Read the prequel after "the Confessor" to not be spoiled.
flavie
Explorer

Postby D-Squall » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:51 pm

Arevan and Dark Souls has nice stories, I adviste to play them. ;)
Also Dark Souls II too. xD
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby Tomas » Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:59 pm

I believe that Indi's games are the best among similar games currently, thus I would strongly recommend you to try 3 Stars of Destiny (if you loved LF than it's a must) and Dreamscape first.
Eridani's games - Ella's Hope and The Witch and the Warrior were already mentioned here.

Other game I would recommend you is Whisper of a Rose, it's fairly hard and the fights are painfully slow sometimes, but if you are willing to accept this, then it's a very good game.
Tomas
Ranger

Postby flavie » Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:48 pm

I'd first played LF 1 and 3 Stars of Destiny that one I relly couldn't beat the real Orc! I never seen what happened next!
The 2 Eridani games have the same RPG maker than Laxius Force so I shall love these 2 games and Dark Souls, I've found again (phew) Charmed School from Hanako games.

I'd played demo of Dreamscape will there be nice landscapes?

Are there other sites where I can browser RPGs like here Amaranthia?...
flavie
Explorer

Postby Indinera » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:30 pm

dreamscape has some o the best landscapes i've done actually ^^

for further choices you can always browse:

http://aldorlea.org/allgames.php

there are even recommendations for each of the games :)
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby RPGeez » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:45 pm

I enjoyed 3 Stars of Destiny for sure. I agree that DreamScape has very nice landscapes. Asguaard is a huge game and for me I found it challenging trying to be guru skill for many things.

My top picks are:

3 Stars of Destiny
Asguaard
All of the Millennium games
DreamScape

and of course the awesome and if you are up for epic challenges and tricky quests to fullfill(in my opinion) Laxius Force. +::YAY

Also I can tell you how many hours I have played these games:
3 Stars of Destiny- 120 hours
Asguaard - 180 hours
Millennium games in total around 300 hours
DreamScape( I played 3 times) 300 hours
Laxius Force(1,2,3) 600 hours and I still did not find all the goodies and I missed some quests.

Not too many game developers create that level of game play and replayability and hours of game play.

Also I have played all Laxius Power games and those games I spent around maybe 400 hours to play.

You really get your money's worth when you play the games I mentioned. +::wizard
Last edited by RPGeez on Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RPGeez
Ranger

Postby Alikamou » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:01 pm

+::lol So in all...it's all of Indy's games +::biggrin

I will always remember playing for 120 hours on 3Starts alone! (without the goodies) and I still didn't get all of the secret rooms or quests completed! +::O_o It's a huge game all by itself! (even if it can fall into the Laxius category) The challenges, strategy and sheer multitudes of twists and turns was an amazing to learn, and still learning. But it gave me the starting point to leap into Indy's games. So...

3S
Asguaard and Dreamscape (both for their uniqueness, visual beauty and depth of single stories. Well, maybe something coming like Dreamscape2? +::lol )
Millennium (still going strong and getting stronger each episode +::Thumbup )

and Laxius all by itself in a category all by itself. RPGeez hit it on the nose!
But they all share in awesome story plots, scenes, secret rooms, tricky quests...and GREAT MUSIC! +::clap
Alikamou
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Postby AuntIggy » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:01 am

“It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.”
― Abraham Lincoln
AuntIggy
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Postby gunmis » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:12 pm

all 7 games made by Dark Halo. you will not see better graphics any where, and the stories are alright too +::Thumbup
The Wintermere Child
Mists of Naladia
Mists of Naldania 2
Symphonic Rhapsody
The Light of Chikita
The Sacred Garden
Tales of Allucia
Tremble mere mortals the DARK MAGE is among you.
gunmis
Wanderer

Return to Welcome to the Official Forum of Aldorlea Games!