Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Hello Aldorlea!

Please post and say hello to us all!

Hello Aldorlea!

Postby Rex » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:13 pm

Hello all. I have been a member at the laxiusgames.org site for a couple years now. I loved the LP series, but I just purchased the first LF and I am disappointed. The game is decent in its own right, but I wanted something more like LPIII. Are any of the games available on this site similar to LPIII? I want a huge world map and very non-linear gameplay.
Rex
Peasant

Re: Hello Aldorlea!

Postby Indinera » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:25 pm

Rex wrote:Hello all. I have been a member at the laxiusgames.org site for a couple years now. I loved the LP series, but I just purchased the first LF and I am disappointed. The game is decent in its own right, but I wanted something more like LPIII. Are any of the games available on this site similar to LPIII? I want a huge world map and very non-linear gameplay.

Welcome here! :)

Big worldmap? Hmmm, try The Book of Legends (closest you can get to the original LPs).
http://www.aldorlea.org/thebookoflegends.php
Asguaard also has a HUGE world map and it's quite open-ended. Plus, it's very long and full of secrets.
http://www.aldorlea.org/asguaard.php

Then you have Laxius Force 3 that is freaking huge (some here would tell you about it!) but no world map...
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Cassiopeia » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:29 pm

I'd also suggest not to drop LF to fast. It doesn't have a world map, but it sure isn't linear. You won't find so many sidequests (including very tricky ones) and so many optional things to do in any other game .
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Indinera » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:32 pm

Ah well yes, if the worldmap is not mandatory, you can throw all 3 LFs and 3 Stars of Destiny in the "huge and full of quests" category.
But to be fair, he may want to give a shot to TBOL, it kinda fits well his criterias and its replay value is great.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Cassiopeia » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:36 pm

Very true!!!
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Tomas » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:22 am

Hi Rex.
You are not the only one who thinks that LP3 still rocks. If you are looking for huge world map and very non-linear gameplay, then you could try either Asguaard (by far the best world map I've ever seen, not even LP3 can compare - but more story-driven without sidequests) or TBOL (not so big world map, but choices and sidequests make the gameplay quite non-linear). Imo TBOL is in many ways similar to LP1 (especially the humor).
Still, if you loved LP, you shoudn't give up on LF. There might not be a world map, but all the quests, characters na story, it's just Laxius. And LF3 even surpassed LP3 for me.
Tomas
Ranger

Postby Indinera » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:03 am

In LF3, the chapter called "The Grand Commandenter Attacks" and the final part (from "Global War" on) surpass easily anything in LP3 imo. And the chapter 7 of LF2 too. In LF1, chapter 4 is probably the best.
But yeah, apart from the worldmap, there is really in these games all that made LP great. :)
And Wendala has 4 different looks throughout the quest. Now THIS is something LP did not have. +::wizard +::biggrin

But for a closer LP experience, The Book of Legends is perfect imo.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Rex » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:25 pm

Thank you all for the quick response. The Book Of Legends looks excellent. I will get it in a paycheck or two from now. I am definitely going to play LF, just not right now. After TBOL.
Rex
Peasant

Return to Welcome to the Official Forum of Aldorlea Games!