Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Hello :)

Please post and say hello to us all!

Hello :)

Postby Lady_Ink » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:24 pm

Hi, y'all! ^_^

Lady_Ink here. I've been playing RPGs on the computer for about ten years now--ever since a friend introduced me to Phantasy Star 4 and the Sailor Moon RPG. (Never been the same since. +::biggrin )

I first discovered the Millennium games last year, though so far I've only played the first one. Since it looks like Big Fish Games won't be getting the updated builds any time soon...if ever...I'll be getting them here. I really like the new tweaks; I enjoy being able to decide when I want to fight monsters as opposed to being ambushed. The dialogue seems smoother as well, which is another plus.

In real life, I'm a receptionist and a sci-fi writer. (I'm thinking of turning the games into rewards for finishing books/novellas. Added incentive is always helpful. +::Dance )

Anyway, nice to meet you all and I look forward to being a part of this community! +::Thumbup
Lady_Ink
Peasant

Re: Hello :)

Postby Indinera » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:27 pm

Welcome here, hope you'll have a lot of fun with us!
I think many members will confirm you that Millennium is a great series to start with. :)
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Tomas » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:47 am

Hello, Lady_Ink, and welcome here.

Ten years of RPGs? You are quite an experienced player, then. And I believe that you will find the other episodes of Millennium even better than the first one.

Lady_Ink wrote:In real life, I'm a receptionist and a sci-fi writer.

What kind of stories do you write? "Futuristic" or more "fantasy-like" ones. Short stories, or even books? Or maybe fanfictions?
Tomas
Ranger

Postby loof123 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:09 am

Welcome to Aldorlea. Like Tomas said, you must be an experienced player. And try Laxius Series as well.
loof123
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby Lady_Ink » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:52 pm

Thanks, Indinera, Loof123, and Tomas!

Tomas wrote: Ten years of RPGs? You are quite an experienced player, then. And I believe that you will find the other episodes of Millennium even better than the first one.

Ah, well, I wouldn't call myself *that* experienced. ^^ It's been an on-again/off-again thing over the years, very much dependent on how busy life is. And I'm picky about games.
At any rate, I'm thrilled there are so many Millennium games. +::biggrin (And a new one out in a few months!) I'll definitely have to check out Laxius Force as well.
Tomas wrote: What kind of stories do you write? "Futuristic" or more "fantasy-like" ones. Short stories, or even books? Or maybe fanfictions?

I'm writing a "futuristic" sci-fi series called The Guardians at the moment, though I have a steampunk sci-fi novel in the works and a couple of short stories. Bad Faith, the first book in my series, came out last fall. +::Dance The next book will be out sometime before December.
Lady_Ink
Peasant

Postby Tomas » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:14 am

Lady_Ink wrote:And I'm picky about games.

Any favorites (outside of Millennium, Phantasy Star 4 and the Sailor Moon)?

Lady_Ink wrote:At any rate, I'm thrilled there are so many Millennium games. +::biggrin (And a new one out in a few months!) I'll definitely have to check out Laxius Force as well.

You have a good chance that MM5 will be out before you finish the previous parts, so you will experience the series as a whole...
And you should really try LF, it's bigger and more epic (and slightly more into sci-fi, btw.) than MM.

Lady_Ink wrote:Bad Faith, the first book in my series, came out last fall. +::Dance The next book will be out sometime before December.

A whole serie - impressive. +::clap
I was even able to find Bad Faith at Amazon (Lilia and Kevin as the main protagonists, right?). Nanotechnologies, Galactic Union - sounds good. +::Thumbup
Tomas
Ranger

Postby Lady_Ink » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:14 pm

Tomas wrote: Any favorites (outside of Millennium, Phantasy Star 4 and the Sailor Moon)?

At the moment, Skyborn and Deadly Sin 2. Skyborn has a terrific story, gorgeous artwork, and this wonderful steampunk vibe that I really love. Deadly Sin 2 is longer and requires a little more strategy.

Tomas wrote: You have a good chance that MM5 will be out before you finish the previous parts, so you will experience the series as a whole...
And you should really try LF, it's bigger and more epic (and slightly more into sci-fi, btw.) than MM.

I figured as much. The story will be fresh in my mind, then. :)

I played part of the demo for the first LF last night and thought it was quite interesting.

Tomas wrote: A whole serie - impressive. +::clap
I was even able to find Bad Faith at Amazon (Lilia and Kevin as the main protagonists, right?). Nanotechnologies, Galactic Union - sounds good. +::Thumbup

Yep, that's my book. :) Lilia and Kevin are my main characters, who end up in all kinds of trouble after they become Guardians. I'm very excited about the series.
Lady_Ink
Peasant

Postby Tomas » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:26 pm

Lady_Ink wrote:At the moment, Skyborn and Deadly Sin 2. Skyborn has a terrific story, gorgeous artwork, and this wonderful steampunk vibe that I really love. Deadly Sin 2 is longer and requires a little more strategy

Indeed, Skyborn looks pretty interesting.
Do you play only RPG Maker games, or have you also tried some of the 3D sci-fi games, such as Deus Ex: HR or Mass Effect?
Tomas
Ranger

Postby Lady_Ink » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:36 pm

Tomas wrote: Do you play only RPG Maker games, or have you also tried some of the 3D sci-fi games, such as Deus Ex: HR or Mass Effect?

Whoops! Sorry, Tomas--I've been playing Millennium 1 in my spare time and, well...lost track of time. +::O_o

No, I can't say I've ever played either of those. (My computer is a few years old; I can't run some of the newer games at the moment.) I'm a Star Wars fan, so I've played a number of Star Wars games over the years, and I absolutely *love* Portal and Portal 2. Ditto for the Lego games--particularly Batman. +::biggrin I also play a lot of casual games from BFG.

My brothers keep telling me I'll like Assassin's Creed, but I haven't gotten to it yet.

How about you?
Lady_Ink
Peasant

Postby Tomas » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:01 pm

Lady_Ink wrote:How about you?

My favorite is the Mass Effect trilogy. The universe, characters and story presentation is really good.
But I generally prefer 2D games, if it wasn't for a few titles like ME or Witcher 2, I wouldn't probably bother with the "big names" anymore. They are usually too "shiny" at the expense of actual story and gameplay.
Tomas
Ranger

Return to Welcome to the Official Forum of Aldorlea Games!