You're one hard-to-please player! lol
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Re: Introduce yourself!

Postby Cassiopeia » Tue May 26, 2015 4:16 pm

Well, maybe RPG is not really for you, after all. The things you don't like are the ingredients of every good RPG. Fighting, figuring out the best equipment for all characters, having more than just four members with various strenghts and weaknesses so you can use different combinations of parties to see how they perform in battle .......
Exploring and solving quests too, of course, but not solely. That would be one bland and bad RPG.
So if that's all you want to do in a game, you might rather look out for other game genres.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Valdy » Wed May 27, 2015 1:36 am

There are different types of games. Fighting games like Streetfighter, and Role Playing games like these ones here. Now, why - if fighting is a major ingredient in RPGs - are they called RPGs? I used to run a forum where members did role play, and you rarely saw them go into battle mode.
You might want to look up "Role Playing Games" and read up on it. It does not say that an RPG is a fighting game, it does not say that the foremost thing you do is fight from the beginning to the end. That's not what "RPG" stands for.

Anyway, just because I don't care to fight a lot, doesn't mean I should be looking for a different game genre. What you said reminds me of members at BigFish, who tell others who complain about certain things in a game, to go and find something else if they don't like it. Not very nice. What you might have said instead is: ...then Indi's games are not for you, rather than generalising it to all RPGs. You said yourself that you don't like ALL RPGs. Well, neither do I. And some of Indi's games are among them, just as I love some of Indi's other games.

And honestly, I don't need anyone telling me that a certain genre isn't for me, just because I have likes and dislikes and I voiced them. Some gamers buy anything that comes out (by a certain dev), while others are more selective. I am just a picky person.

I do like RPGs, just not a certain type. I have quite a few RPGs that I play and enjoy. And I do like to buy weapons and armour and equip my group, and I don't mind the battles, as long they don't appear non-stop from beginning to end, as they often do in Indi's games. That's all. Just don't care for that. Might as well play games like Streetfighters again. :)

--- --- ---

Indi, thank you for keep pushing. If you hadn't, I would not have bought M1 and M2 again, and enjoyed them this time round. And 2 out of 3 games isn't bad. :)
Last edited by Valdy on Wed May 27, 2015 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Valdy
Explorer

Postby Indinera » Wed May 27, 2015 7:22 am

Indi, thank you for keep pushing. If you hadn't, I would not have bought M1 and M2 again, and enjoyed them this time round. And 2 out of 3 games isn't bad.

I usually try to suggest the games *I think* will do well with the player's taste. +::music
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Cassiopeia » Wed May 27, 2015 10:51 am

Re-reading my post I understand it might have sounded a bit harsh. Sorry, it was definitely not meant that way at all.
However, there's no use in discussing this matter any further.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Valdy » Thu May 28, 2015 1:15 am

Cassiopeia, thank you for not ripping me apart for my post. I felt a little hurt by what you've said, and wanted to defend myself. And you are quite right: no good going on about it. :)

As of now, I am replaying M1 and M2. Still missed a lot of things last time, so this time I will keep my eyes peeled.
Valdy
Explorer

Postby Indinera » Thu May 28, 2015 8:50 am

Have fun then! Need to remember your taste if I ever try to advise you some games again xD
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Cassiopeia » Thu May 28, 2015 12:46 pm

Indeed, have fun with 1+2.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby loof123 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:02 pm

Vald wrote:That's what I thought, Indi., that our tastes must be different. You kept saying that 3 is the best, and I don't care for it at all. But I will continue and see how I get on.

MM3 is my least fav MM game as well. The first two MMs are more about the characters, and while MM3's storyline revolves around getting a cure for Jack and Salome, it still didn't feel as intimate. Those two are also amongst my least fav characters in the MM series too. Especially since MM5... I just don't feel that MM3 was as fun as the first two.
loof123
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby Matteo » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:00 pm

Why opening another thread if there is already this one open?

Hello everybody, i'm Matteo.

Happy to finally be able to share with you all my toughts about these wonderful games.
Matteo
Peasant

Postby Tomas » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:43 am

Hi Matteo and welcome to the forum.
I hope you will enjoy the games and the community here.

What are your favourite games?
Tomas
Ranger

Postby Matteo » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:04 am

Hi Tomas,

thank you!

My favourite games are Laxius ones, all of them, even if my only regret is that you are not able to use Angelina until late in the games.

Even if i admit that Dreamscape is beautiful in its own strange way.

The Book of Legends is probably one of my favourite ones.
Matteo
Peasant

Postby Cassiopeia » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:23 am

Hi and welcome to the forum!
LF, Dreamscape and TBOL - yup, absolutely!!! +::clap
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Indinera » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:43 am

Play Witch Hunt then, my friend! +::biggrin
It's great for LF and TBOL fans.
And welcome aboard! +::wizard
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Stargazer » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:08 am

Hello everyone! I am new in this forum. Pleased to meet everyone :)
Stargazer
Wanderer

PreviousNext

Return to Welcome to the Official Forum of Aldorlea Games!