Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Introduce yourself!

Please post and say hello to us all!

Re: Introduce yourself!

Postby Valdy » Tue May 19, 2015 12:53 pm

Indi, I didn't pick invisible encounter - there was no choice, at least not in "very easy" mode. They just appeared on the map - nowhere else, as far as I remember.

Cassiopeia, thanks for the reply.

Well, if I want to get to the different towns, and - if I remember correctly - I also visit the different shops to give me power-ups, which I can only find on the world map, then I will have to use the map quite a bit. It's those pesky invisible encounters I just don't care for. I don't dare walk around the world map for fear that someone sneaks up on me from behind. LOL

I haven't played the Millennium games in quite a while, and will give them another go. Maybe I will feel a little better about them now. :)
Valdy
Explorer

Postby Cassiopeia » Tue May 19, 2015 1:39 pm

The games have been upgraded some time ago with the opportunity to choose between visible and invisible monsters. You can just download the latest versions and re-install the games.
The first game I ever played with invisible monsters was 3 Stars of Destiny and I hated it. (The monsters, not the game.) I was like you, I was kinda stressed about what might sneak up on me all the time. But after playing several games like that I liked it more and more. There are mostly just several groups of monsters that will attack you. Once you know how to deal with each group, it's no more difficult than visible monsters. The more fights you go through, the more secure you'll feel.

Millennium is just too great a game series to not play it just because of the fights. :)
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Valdy » Wed May 20, 2015 1:28 am

Unfortunately, no one told BigFish about the upgrade. I bought this game eons ago at BF, and that version - even newly installed - does not give me a choice to see the enemies. And I was quite wrong: all enemies are invisible, even the bees and dragonflies right at the beginning. Forgot about that. All I can say is: if what I experience is "very easy" mode, then I never would want to play the other modes. I already find the "very easy" mode quite difficult to get through, simply because of all the attacks and lack of money to buy enough potions for HP and Mana. But it gets much easier once I am able to buy a decent weapon for Benoit.

I will never get used to invisible enemies - I prefer to see what's coming my way. Sometimes one of my members may not have enough HP left, and before I get the chance to give them some nourishment, I get attacked again. Nope... invisibles are not for me.

But I will give the game another go, and see how far I will go - again - before I stop (also again). Never finished the game, if I remember correctly.

--- --- ---

BTW, Indi... I love the "Rush" option, which allows me to give my fingers a rest, especially when there is more than 1 character in my group. Used it almost non-stop in the Asguaard game.

--- --- ---

ETA: No, sorry... this game is just too exhausting for me. I have now played a good 4 1/2 hours, and I am just tired of the constant fights. Every few steps I take I get ambushed. That kind of gameplay is just no fun for me. Even though I am much stronger now and can defeat the enemies much quicker than before, I don't want to go through a whole game, fighting every step I take. That's why I said that I am not a fighter, although I do love buying new armour and weapons. LOL

I love games like "Skyborn" and Eridani's games, because I can move around freely, and get to do lots of things in between fights - which appear far less than in many other games - and I am not stalked by countless enemies. So no, I haven't changed my mind about the Millennium games.

Other games I really enjoy and replay often are Asguaard, Memories of a Vagabond, Stargazer, Tale of a Common Man, Freedom Cry, Deadly Sins 2, Victim of Xen. Those are the type of games I really love playing.
Valdy
Explorer

Postby Indinera » Wed May 20, 2015 6:47 am

But I will give the game another go, and see how far I will go - again - before I stop (also again). Never finished the game, if I remember correctly.

BFG didn't want to take the upgrade, that's all. They even didn't want to take the rest of the series lol
Buying from Aldorlea is the guarantee to benefit from the latest updates though.

--- --- ---

BTW, Indi... I love the "Rush" option, which allows me to give my fingers a rest, especially when there is more than 1 character in my group. Used it almost non-stop in the Asguaard game.

Great +::Thumbup

--- --- ---

ETA: No, sorry... this game is just too exhausting for me. I have now played a good 4 1/2 hours, and I am just tired of the constant fights. Every few steps I take I get ambushed.

This is absolutely impossible. There is a 25 steps minimum between two encounters. Can be increased to 50 in some areas (but default is 25).

That kind of gameplay is just no fun for me. Even though I am much stronger now and can defeat the enemies much quicker than before, I don't want to go through a whole game, fighting every step I take.

As I said, not possible. ;)

Other games I really enjoy and replay often are Asguaard, Memories of a Vagabond, Stargazer, Tale of a Common Man, Freedom Cry, Deadly Sins 2, Victim of Xen. Those are the type of games I really love playing.

Games of mine with visible encounters:
Laxius Force 1-3
Millennium 1-5 (if updated)
Dreamscape
Sylia
Moonchild
Opaline
Onyx
Undefeated
Girlfriend Rescue
The Tale of a Common Man
Elendia Ceus

Actually quite a lot of them xD
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Valdy » Wed May 20, 2015 11:08 am

Sorry, less than 25 steps to encounters. In fact, I often walked 10 steps or less to the next encounter. And I can't set it differently. I have seen games where you can set the steps higher or lower, but only in normal or hard mode. Perhaps that's why it didn't come up for me, because I used "very easy mode", and when I chose "easy" mode with another game, I was told that there is no option in "easy" mode for the amount of steps. I think I read that in "Tale of a Common Man". Anyway, no choices for me in very easy mode whatsoever.

And yes, BF is really lame when it comes to RPGs. In fact, they have Lilly and Sasha 1 for sale, and a short while ago they offered Lilly and Sasha 3. I asked what happened to number 2. Not that you get a response. This is one big story, 1-3, and BF decides to only sell 1 and 3. Oh well...

Your games: I own Laxius Force - hate it. Sorry, but I just couldn't manage that game at all. The reason could be that it was one of the first games I played after a long absense from RPGs. Maybe I would feel differently about it now, but at the time... really hated it. LOL

Dreamscape = not for me.

I own Sylia. It's fun for a while, but then I get lost in all those root canals (LOL) and again, attack galore from left, right, and centre.

I own Moonchild and Opaline. I like Moonchild but bought Opaline against my better judgement. Too much fighting in this game as well.

I would have loved to buy Onyx - liked the story - but just to get from the house through all those narrow places until I get into town - it was no fun. And then I had to get through it again, this time with whatshisname. I was exhausted by the time we rested up in that abandoned house. LOL

I own Undefeated, and although this game is pretty much fight, fight, fight, almost right from the start to the bitter end (and I thought the ending was a bit abrupt), I did like it, because I liked the characters and the story, and I liked the quests.

Girlfriend Rescue: played the demo and realised it's pretty much a "fight your way through the story" game.

And, of course, I own and love "The Tale of a Common Man". It has just the right balance of fights, finding secret rooms, and doing quests. It was also full of humour, and I love that dwarf.

Elendia Ceus... don't know yet. :)
Last edited by Valdy on Wed May 20, 2015 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Valdy
Explorer

Postby Tomas » Wed May 20, 2015 12:28 pm

Vald wrote:Sorry, less than 25 steps to encounters. In fact, I often walked 10 steps or less to the next encounter. And I can't set it differently.

Maybe the BFG version problem, then? +:::|
And setting the fights frequency should be possible by Marine's HIDE OR FIGHT skill.
Tomas
Ranger

Postby Indinera » Wed May 20, 2015 1:32 pm

Sorry, less than 25 steps to encounters. In fact, I often walked 10 steps or less to the next encounter. And I can't set it differently. I have seen games where you can set the steps higher or lower, but only in normal or hard mode. Perhaps that's why it didn't come up for me, because I used "very easy mode", and when I chose "easy" mode with another game, I was told that there is no option in "easy" mode for the amount of steps. I think I read that in "Tale of a Common Man". Anyway, no choices for me in very easy mode whatsoever.

Try the game here:
http://aldorlea.com/Games/Millennium1.exe
It's urgent lol BFG seems to have such an outdated version +::O_o

And yes, BF is really lame when it comes to RPGs. In fact, they have Lilly and Sasha 1 for sale, and a short while ago they offered Lilly and Sasha 3. I asked what happened to number 2. Not that you get a response. This is one big story, 1-3, and BF decides to only sell 1 and 3. Oh well...

RPGs are not their priority +::surrender +::Dunno

I realize you don't like fighting at all so indeed stuff like LF or Girl R. is not for you... regardless of the story.
However I just launched Millennium 1 and look:

Elendia Ceus... don't know yet

It has fights but also an Easy Mode which I believe is quite, errr, easy.
I really recommend it along with Millennium. Onyx, LF, are pretty hardcore, but these two are quite casual in Story/Easy mode.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Cassiopeia » Wed May 20, 2015 2:34 pm

It's true, if you're not a fighter, LF is not for you. Too bad, because it offers more side quests, places to explore ... than any other game out there.

I totally agree with you about the "Rush" button. Going through easy fights where I don't need to use spells or items is so annoying when you have to hit enter all the time. So this is one great feature! +::clap
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Valdy » Thu May 21, 2015 2:34 am

Thank you for the link, Indi. I downloaded the game, and just killed the green ghost, and was about to fight off some dragonflies and a green ant, when the demo stopped. I like to take my time, look around and see what I can find, so I don't get far in a short time.

This version is soooo much better. It's like an entirely different game with the same scenes added. Really liked it this time round. I don't even mind confronting the enemies, so long I see them and know what to expect. And it's nice to see that I get so much extra cash.
Also love the fact that there is now a "Quests" section, and the options are better. I don't play RPGs with the mouse, so that cursor was always somewhere half visible in the sideline. Now it's completely gone.

Hmmm... now I have to buy the game a second time.
ETA: Bought the game. I am always annoyed that I have to pay an extra 20% on tax for the game than those who live in the USA. Is this fair? No. Shouldn't we therefore get the game cheaper to begin with so that, when the 20% are added to the price, the total is the same as that of the US members? LOL

The one place I never looked forward to was the swamp where the rebel lives among all the crocs. Always got lost in that place. BUT... you have added those wonderful green arrows !! So now I will be able to get to where I need to go. It's extremely tiring when you run around, and end up at dead ends, and just can't find (and often have to find again) the place where you need to be. So, thank you for those arrows. Love them in the Asguaard game.

My question is: will M2 be similar in choices or will it be the old version? I also bought M2 from BF - never gone very far with that game either.
Valdy
Explorer

Postby Tomas » Thu May 21, 2015 10:25 am

Vald wrote:My question is: will M2 be similar in choices or will it be the old version? I also bought M2 from BF - never gone very far with that game either.

All the MM games here on Aldorlea have visible encounters and guiding arrows. So yes, MM2 is the same case as MM1.
Tomas
Ranger

Postby Valdy » Thu May 21, 2015 10:42 am

Thanks for the reply, Tomas. That means I will be looking forward to the M2 demo from here, once I am done with M1. :)

I just hope that M2 also has a Story mode. It's so much easier to kill the enemies than it was before.
Valdy
Explorer

Postby Cassiopeia » Thu May 21, 2015 10:56 am

Vald wrote:I am always annoyed that I have to pay an extra 20% on tax for the game than those who live in the USA. Is this fair? No. Shouldn't we therefore get the game cheaper to begin with so that, when the 20% are added to the price, the total is the same as that of the US members? LOL

Well, it's not the dev who gets those 20%, so ...
Here in Austria we also pay 20% VAT, which is a lot, and yes, it does make games, that have quite reasonable prices in the first place, pretty costly sometimes. But well, you gotta blame your country for that!
For me personally most Aldorlea games are worth it though.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Indinera » Thu May 21, 2015 10:58 am

I believe they all have it but don't take my word on it, just try the demo. :)
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Valdy » Fri May 22, 2015 2:18 am

I will, Indi. Thank you. :)

And btw, I didn't blame the devs for the extra 20% tax. I was around when the goverment sneaked it upon us. It was in January 2011 when they decided that we should pay 20% more for games. I was just moaning about the unfairness of it all.
Valdy
Explorer

Postby Cassiopeia » Fri May 22, 2015 1:07 pm

Vald wrote:It was in January 2011 when they decided that we should pay 20% more for games.

For games only?
Where are you from, if I may ask?
Cassiopeia
Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Welcome to the Official Forum of Aldorlea Games!