Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

First post, general feedback and suggestions

Please post and say hello to us all!

First post, general feedback and suggestions

Postby Axer » Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:50 pm

Hi really enjoyed lots of your games, own nearly all of the ones on steam.

Especially like that you include lots of options, like difficulty settings, encounter rate and more. Especially games with the higher difficulty settings (I like a challenge).. Lots more of those, and even harder settings please!

EG: Recently beat undefeated on legendary, and while it offered a bit of a challenge on some boss fights, most I could just spam attacks through without much strategy still. I'll admit its the first game I had to backtrack a bit as I didn't buy many revive items before heading to the wastelands - as I didn't realise that would be the end of the game, used to your much longer games so I was saving lots of money heh . But after heading back and picking some up (had enough cash for 99+ heh) (quickly thanks to the nice fast travel options) it was easy enough.

Though i think I preferred your RPG Maker XP games more, maybe because you had more time on that engine, so you have better and more custom scripts. EG: Undefeated is missing any victory script to show your stat gains after battle/lvlup.

But yea thanks for the great games. Looking forward to more, and hopefully some really challenging ones :)
Axer
Peasant

Re: First post, general feedback and suggestions

Postby Indinera » Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:21 pm

EG:

EG?

Recently beat undefeated on legendary, and while it offered a bit of a challenge on some boss fights, most I could just spam attacks through without much strategy still. I'll admit its the first game I had to backtrack a bit as I didn't buy many revive items before heading to the wastelands - as I didn't realise that would be the end of the game, used to your much longer games so I was saving lots of money heh . But after heading back and picking some up (had enough cash for 99+ heh) (quickly thanks to the nice fast travel options) it was easy enough.

All the games have those "legendary" or very hard modes but I recommend Girlfriend Rescue for that, it has 6 modes and some pretty frantic ones.

Though i think I preferred your RPG Maker XP games more, maybe because you had more time on that engine, so you have better and more custom scripts. EG: Undefeated is missing any victory script to show your stat gains after battle/lvlup.

Undefeated is our first game on VX Ace, have you tried the latest one "A Timely Intervention"?

But yea thanks for the great games. Looking forward to more, and hopefully some really challenging ones

Like maybe the upcoming one and its 6 modes? ^^
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Valdy » Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:48 am

Indi, EG (or better e.g.) stands for "for example". Not to be confused with i.e., which stands for "in other words". :)

Welcome to the Aldorlea site, Axer. Hope you will enjoy your stay.
Valdy
Explorer

Postby Axer » Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:56 am

Indinera wrote:
EG:

EG?

It's latin. It's meaning is similar to "for example".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Latin_phrases_(E)#exempli_gratia

Indinera wrote:Undefeated is our first game on VX Ace, have you tried the latest one "A Timely Intervention"?

Of your more recent titles I've only played the ones that are on steam.

Also much prefer rpg maker xp sprites (don't like chibi mini body big heads from ace) so probably gonna play another one of your older ones next. Maybe a book of legends.

Indinera wrote:Like maybe the upcoming one and its 6 modes? ^^

Sounds great!
Axer
Peasant

Postby Indinera » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:28 am

It's the first time I see EG used in capitals and at the beginning of a sentence. +::surrender

Of your more recent titles I've only played the ones that are on steam.

A pity cuz some of the newest ones are very good.

Also much prefer rpg maker xp sprites (don't like chibi mini body big heads from ace) so probably gonna play another one of your older ones next. Maybe a book of legends.

TBOL has chibi style lol Maybe try Elendia Ceus then.
http://www.aldorlea.org/elendiaceus.php
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Tomas » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:11 pm

Welcome to the forum, Axer.
I'm glad to see someone else enjoying the challenge. +::clap

Speaking of difficulty - have you played Dreamscape?
Tomas
Ranger

Return to Welcome to the Official Forum of Aldorlea Games!