Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

RGSS Player has stopped working

Please post and say hello to us all!

RGSS Player has stopped working

Postby Lady JJ » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:17 am

Ever since last week I haven't been able to play many of these games. I get an "RGSS Player has stopped working" error message and the game closes. For some games, it happens on start up. On others, it happens when I try to enter the world map (but plays fine inside a town). This is very frustrating as these are games I've never had a problem with before. In fact, I was replaying Riders of Arylide when the problem began. I can't access the world map, yet I had been playing just fine the day before going in and out of towns. Has anyone else experienced this problem?
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Re: RGSS Player has stopped working

Postby OrfeasGS » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:44 am

Lady JJ wrote:Ever since last week I haven't been able to play many of these games. I get an "RGSS Player has stopped working" error message and the game closes. For some games, it happens on start up. On others, it happens when I try to enter the world map (but plays fine inside a town). This is very frustrating as these are games I've never had a problem with before. In fact, I was replaying Riders of Arylide when the problem began. I can't access the world map, yet I had been playing just fine the day before going in and out of towns. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Hey! Try this, it might help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK0P1BHGnnQ
Unfortunately I don't have any experience with RPGMaker VX Ace, so I can't help you further. The Deal doesn't give you such an error, correct?
OrfeasGS
Mercenary

Re: RGSS Player has stopped working

Postby Lady JJ » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:58 pm

Thanks for the reply. The Deal works just fine. :)

It was games that use the RGSS3 dll that suddenly stopped working. It was right after a major Windows 10 update, so that may or may not be related. The games worked just fine on another computer running Windows 10, so that's why I'm not sure if the update was the cause. I did download the Black River demo and that worked just fine. I noticed that that game also uses the RGSS301.dll, but the date of that build was 5/19/2013, whereas the date for Arylide was 3/15/2012. I replaced the 2012 dll with the 2013 dll and all is working now. I'm no expert, far from it, but I think the 2012 version may have been incompatible with the Windows update and the 2013 build had some compatibility changes? All I know is that it seems to work well now.

Again, thanks for your thoughts.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Return to Welcome to the Official Forum of Aldorlea Games!