Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

ALDORLEA'S UNDEFEATED IS OUT!!!!!!

Re: ALDORLEA'S UNDEFEATED IS OUT!!!!!!

Postby Tomas » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:58 pm

Kes wrote:
Tomas wrote:P.s. Playing on Legendary and it's hard.

...I'd be interested to know how you get on with it.

Actually it's perfectly playable so far. And TP is working very well, it makes me to uses abilities more often, since otherwise the TP over 100 would come in vain. Regenerating health when defending is another great tactical element, too. Btw, how much health is regenerated? It it percentage of total HP? (My guess is 5%.)

P.s. I already saw TP (= rage) in quite a few games. But it's probably for the first time where player can have both TP and MP. That's a good addition to the system. +::Thumbup
Overall, I believe that Undefeated got the battles (and not only them) just right. I'll wait with my final judgement until I finish the game, though.
Tomas
Ranger

Postby Kes » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:27 pm

I'm glad you're finding Legendary okay to play. You are right, the HP regeneration on guarding is indeed 5%. I used it tactically a lot, especially if there was only one enemy left and one hit would get it, everyone else guarded to get a bit of HP back - and if that last one had paralysis from Bastien's axe, then the whole party got several turns doing that.
Kes
Explorer

Postby Aggeliki » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:41 pm

Indinera wrote:
Aggeliki wrote:i finished the demo! i did enjoyed a lot but i found a small glitch: when i was out in shurland i felt like going to all these towns on the map, but everytime i tried to enter one of them i got this message that the map rv.data file was missing so the game crashed..i guess this is just for the demo, but you might want to add a text message like: this place is anavailable or something, in order not to cause a game crash..thanks !

Wait wait wait, you're not supposed to be able to visit any town at all (but the main one of course).
How did you do that??

actually i didn't..if i walked on the map area it wouldn't let me..but if moved right on the roads , yes, i was able to reach the towns and buildings..the moment i reached them i got the missing map file message..hmm..maybe you had not forseen tha t the map roads would lead to towns in the demo version?i just followed them..all the rest area was unaccessible though..
Aggeliki
Ranger

Postby Indinera » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:19 am

Tomas wrote:
Kes wrote:
Tomas wrote:P.s. Playing on Legendary and it's hard.

...I'd be interested to know how you get on with it.

Actually it's perfectly playable so far. And TP is working very well, it makes me to uses abilities more often, since otherwise the TP over 100 would come in vain. Regenerating health when defending is another great tactical element, too. Btw, how much health is regenerated? It it percentage of total HP? (My guess is 5%.)

P.s. I already saw TP (= rage) in quite a few games. But it's probably for the first time where player can have both TP and MP. That's a good addition to the system. +::Thumbup
Overall, I believe that Undefeated got the battles (and not only them) just right. I'll wait with my final judgement until I finish the game, though.

Glad you are enjoying it so much. 8) +::Dance
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Indinera » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:20 am

Aggeliki wrote:
Indinera wrote:
Aggeliki wrote:i finished the demo! i did enjoyed a lot but i found a small glitch: when i was out in shurland i felt like going to all these towns on the map, but everytime i tried to enter one of them i got this message that the map rv.data file was missing so the game crashed..i guess this is just for the demo, but you might want to add a text message like: this place is anavailable or something, in order not to cause a game crash..thanks !

Wait wait wait, you're not supposed to be able to visit any town at all (but the main one of course).
How did you do that??

actually i didn't..if i walked on the map area it wouldn't let me..but if moved right on the roads , yes, i was able to reach the towns and buildings..the moment i reached them i got the missing map file message..hmm..maybe you had not forseen tha t the map roads would lead to towns in the demo version?i just followed them..all the rest area was unaccessible though..

Now fixed.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Cassiopeia » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:44 am

Tomas wrote:Actually it's perfectly playable so far. And TP is working very well, it makes me to uses abilities more often, since otherwise the TP over 100 would come in vain. Regenerating health when defending is another great tactical element, too. Btw, how much health is regenerated? It it percentage of total HP? (My guess is 5%.)

I agree, TP is a great addition. Usually I'm trying to get along with using as little magic as possible, never knowing when I'll get the next chance to rest (although I found out that this is not a problem in Undefeated). But TP can be regained so fast, so the Specials can be used without worrying.
The new fighting system is very cool. There's just one thing I don't like. The characters don't flash anymore when it's their turn like they did in XP. Instead it just says in the top left corner who's attacking. But it all goes so fast, I'm having a hard time finding out the strengths of each character because it's close to impossible to look at the name and still see the damage they deal before the next one attacks. For me that's a bit stressful.

As for fights in general - I still think the encounter rate is way too high, especially since (in normal mode) I can't breeze through the fights, they all take several rounds. I wish I HAD restarted with visible monsters, but now I've proceeded too far for wanting to start over. But it does take away a lot of enjoyment for me. After a while it annoys me so much, I have to get away from playing, while usually I can play RPGs for hours and hours in a row.
For passionate fighters like Tomas it might be just right, but for "weaklings" like me it's too much.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Tomas » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:40 am

It's true that the encounter rate may be a bit too high. The biggest problem is, that without an Egress, it's easy to find yourself in a situation where mere escaping the dungeon can be nearly impossible.

I personally prefer more fights, it just feels more "heroic" to me. Also, it's easier to gain enough levels this way. But I understand that it can drive quite a lot of players away.
Maybe a lower encounter rate for lower difficulties would be a solution. Or monsters (in visible mode) in dungeons respawning only on re-entering the whole dungeon, not just maps.

P.s. In LP3 there were even more frequent encounters sometimes. Thanks to the no minimum-steps-in-between-fights and the random numbers generator nature there were moments where you literally couldn't make a step without fight...
Tomas
Ranger

Postby Indinera » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:47 am

It's true that the encounter rate may be a bit too high. The biggest problem is, that without an Egress, it's easy to find yourself in a situation where mere escaping the dungeon can be nearly impossible.

There is the equivalent of Egress... +::Dunno

Average amount of steps between two fights is not something like 25-35 depending on the dungeon type (and 12 as min).

I personally prefer more fights, it just feels more "heroic" to me.

Me too! :p

Also, it's easier to gain enough levels this way. But I understand that it can drive quite a lot of players away.
Maybe a lower encounter rate for lower difficulties would be a solution. Or monsters (in visible mode) in dungeons respawning only on re-entering the whole dungeon, not just maps.

I think too late to change this now. It's easy, though, to lower the encounter rate for invisible monsters.

P.s. In LP3 there were even more frequent encounters sometimes. Thanks to the no minimum-steps-in-between-fights and the random numbers generator nature there were moments where you literally couldn't make a step without fight...

Yes, the system was not as elaborate. As I said, now it's 12 MINIMUM. Deffo no 2-3 steps material.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Cassiopeia » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:58 am

Tomas, you got that Bail-Out-Token at the beginning of the game, that takes you out of a dungeon.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Tomas » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:03 am

Indinera wrote:There is the equivalent of Egress... +::Dunno

I see. So using the Bail-Out-Token doesn't actully spend it?
I haven't tried, because true warrior never runs from the fight, you know... 8)
Tomas
Ranger

Postby Cassiopeia » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:11 am

Actually I don't know.
I might not be a "true warrior", but I also don't run from the fight, although it sometimes drives me nuts.
I tried that token out when I got it to see what it does, but it didn't occur to me to check out if it's still in my inventory. I guess I took that for granted.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby littlebro » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:04 am

Cassiopeia wrote:Actually I don't know.
but it didn't occur to me to check out if it's still in my inventory. I guess I took that for granted.

I'm a wimp; I freely admit it and so I can tell you from my own experience that yes, the token stays in your inventory and you can use it anywhere, as often as you like.
littlebro
Ranger

Postby Cassiopeia » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:17 am

+::biggrin
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Tomas » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:38 am

Actually, I'm not a "true warrior", neither - I use Egress regularly. I simply thought that the Bail-Out-Token is for one use only and didn't want to spend it unless absolutely necessary... +::biggrin
Tomas
Ranger

Postby littlebro » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:23 pm

Anyone who picks Legendary is a "true warrior" as far as I'm concerned. I stick to Normal - I know my limitations.
littlebro
Ranger

PreviousNext

Return to Undefeated - Help and Questions