Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Elements: Soul of Fire

Re: Elements: Soul of Fire

Postby gaby5516 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:58 pm

Also, in the Agility Path, there is one area where there are two rows of flames, one going up the other down.
How am I supposed to pass them? Any hints on that one?
I just want to do all 3 paths if possible. +::Dunno[/quote]

It's me again Jeremy,
Is this part the worst on the agility path?
If so, would you be able to get me past it? I'm starting to get frustrated to no end.
First time in this game.
If you can get me through, how do I send you my save file?
I've never done this before.
Thanks in advance.
gaby5516
Bard

Postby soulcatapult » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:27 pm

gaby5516 wrote:If you can get me through, how do I send you my save file?
Thanks in advance.

I think it may depend on what operating system you're using, but try this:

Right-click on the desktop shortcut for the game, and click "open file location". You should be in the game's Program Files directory. If you don't see "Save1," "Save2" etc., see if there's an option for "compatibility files" under the address bar at the top of the screen. Clicking that will take you to the AppData folder for the game, where you should see your save data (if you didn't just find it in the game's root directory).

The numbers correspond to your files in descending order (I think I know what I mean; I'm getting confused just trying to explain this +::biggrin ). So Save1 is at the top, followed by Save2 just below, and so on.

Anyway, once you've found the right file, copy it to your desktop or something and then attach it to an e-mail you'll send to me. When I return the file, copy it back to the same directory you got it from (either Program Files or AppData).

The flames are arguably the most difficult part of the Agility section, though there is another part right after that where you jump between disappearing tiles, having to change direction rapidly multiple times. If you want, I'll also get you past this, but note that there's an important treasure (God's Hand, behind a locked door) between the flame room and the vanishing tile section. If you have a Shrine Key handy, I can just grab it for you on my way through, if you want me to.
soulcatapult
Mercenary

Which element is Genbu?

Postby jincyk » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:44 pm

I ask, because I'm worried that it's going to require one of the characters I haven't really built up much (Nathan, Esther, etc.). Any clues?

Am presently surrounded by cubes of ice...
jincyk
Explorer

Postby gaby5516 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:14 pm

jeremyz wrote:
gaby5516 wrote:If you can get me through, how do I send you my save file?
Thanks in advance.

I think it may depend on what operating system you're using, but try this:

Right-click on the desktop shortcut for the game, and click "open file location". You should be in the game's Program Files directory. If you don't see "Save1," "Save2" etc., see if there's an option for "compatibility files" under the address bar at the top of the screen. Clicking that will take you to the AppData folder for the game, where you should see your save data (if you didn't just find it in the game's root directory).

The numbers correspond to your files in descending order (I think I know what I mean; I'm getting confused just trying to explain this +::biggrin ). So Save1 is at the top, followed by Save2 just below, and so on.

Anyway, once you've found the right file, copy it to your desktop or something and then attach it to an e-mail you'll send to me. When I return the file, copy it back to the same directory you got it from (either Program Files or AppData).

The flames are arguably the most difficult part of the Agility section, though there is another part right after that where you jump between disappearing tiles, having to change direction rapidly multiple times. If you want, I'll also get you past this, but note that there's an important treasure (God's Hand, behind a locked door) between the flame room and the vanishing tile section. If you have a Shrine Key handy, I can just grab it for you on my way through, if you want me to.

I can't seem to find anything that says Save Files.
I guess I'll just have to try and perservere. Hopefully I'll get through some time. :( +::surrender
Thanks anyway.
gaby5516
Bard

Postby briony » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:01 am

GABY 5516 - try this - it may work for you to get file
right click on "start" on computer
left click on "explore"- screen should come up showing folders
scroll down to program files
click on that - new screen will come up
scroll down to Elements - soul of fire
click on that - you should now be able to see all files/saves
copy your chosen save to desktop - then open email and attach this file to it
briony
DreamLord of Myst

Re: Which element is Genbu?

Postby soulcatapult » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:55 am

jincyk wrote:I ask, because I'm worried that it's going to require one of the characters I haven't really built up much (Nathan, Esther, etc.). Any clues?

Genbu is the Elemental God of Water.
Spoiler: show
You don't have to worry about it. ;)
soulcatapult
Mercenary

Postby briony » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:39 am

Regarding new game - DO NOT change the characters- they are just great as they are; could tie up loose ends eg who is the small boy that looks like Esther; Ezra's earlier life and Patrick, and Jessica's childhood- parents? etc Maybe make some of the puzzles with an alternate route if cannot be achieved due to speed/cor-ordination factors- music and graphics are great and suit the game and please keep those hidden areas/finding equipment etc - they are a great challenge +: +::Thumbup
briony
DreamLord of Myst

Postby soulcatapult » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:03 pm

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=272313740

Thanks to my publisher, New Reality Games (creators of the Data Hacker series and Fantasyche: Mike), Elements is now on Steam Greenlight!

We're going to need several thousand votes to get approved, so please do vote for the game, and tell everyone you know to do the same!

The world must experience my labor of love!! +::YAY
soulcatapult
Mercenary

shrine/temple in fiyara

Postby jincyk » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:34 am

I've defeated the four elementals and am now mousing around Fiyara. Where is the shrine? Just a hint might do it...
jincyk
Explorer

Re: shrine/temple in fiyara

Postby soulcatapult » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:19 am

jincyk wrote:I've defeated the four elementals and am now mousing around Fiyara. Where is the shrine? Just a hint might do it...

You can get to it from this area of Fiyara:
soulcatapult
Mercenary

when to enter the shrine?

Postby jincyk » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:07 pm

Okay, I've found the shrine with the 5 guys, and I've got the Genbu shield. How do I get into the shrine? Or am I supposed to defeat Cugei first? I can't at this point get through the shrine barrier (in back of the 5 guys).
jincyk
Explorer

Re: when to enter the shrine?

Postby soulcatapult » Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:15 am

jincyk wrote:Okay, I've found the shrine with the 5 guys, and I've got the Genbu shield. How do I get into the shrine? Or am I supposed to defeat Cugei first? I can't at this point get through the shrine barrier (in back of the 5 guys).

You should return to Cugei's Castle and ascend to the highest reaches. Take the center warp in the first room, then the warp up from that.
soulcatapult
Mercenary

Postby gaby5516 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:38 pm

Hey hey hey, +::YAY
finally finished the game. OMG, what a fantastic game this was. I'm glad I started all over and played it the second time. +::clap

JEREMY..........I CAN'T wait for the next one.
I want it, as soon as it comes out.
It's absolutely one of the best games I have ever played. ( could even rank #1) ;)
All the very best to you in your next endevors. +::Dance
your friend,

GABY
gaby5516
Bard

Postby soulcatapult » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:23 pm

Congratulations, Gaby! And thank you so, so much. Your kind words are such a blessing to me.

I've started a little "teaser" site for the sequel on the side. It isn't published yet, but I'll surely let you all know when there's enough information to warrant its unveiling. Actually, it might become the kind of thing where I add continuous updates as I work on the game. Possibly.

Oh, and...

feyone2 wrote:I adore the character art, I love their big hair and eyes! I like their personalities in general too.
So please don't change that/them!!!!

Fear not, and rest assured, for the hair will be even BIGGER!!!
ImageMwahahahaha... :razz:

By the way, I wanted to thank you all again. Everyone here has been so kind to me. Aldorlea is like a nice little safe haven amidst the harsh outside world. People can be mean, and negative. But I've encountered none of that here. You've left a wonderful impression of this community. :)

One more thing, a question actually. What would be your collective opinion on me releasing a playable demo of the sequel once a significant portion of the game is ready? Even if this demo is released years before the completion of the full game? Or would you rather me wait longer so there wouldn't be as big a gap between the release of the demo and the full version of the game?
soulcatapult
Mercenary

Postby gaby5516 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:37 pm

A demo would be awesome.
gaby5516
Bard

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers