Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

[Spoiler] Who was the most determining?

A place to discuss the game - big spoilers inside!

[Spoiler] Who was the most determining?

Postby Indinera » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:00 am

This is for the biggest Millennium fans out there (if any lol).
You've probably all seen by now the true ending of the Millennium epic.

In order to make a successful venture of Marine's idea, who would you rank as the most important, determining, game-changing people?

Some ideas:

Marine - She obviously started it and her courage and determination, second to none, were able to move mountains.
Stanislas (Marine's dad) - He brought up Marine to be the girl she is and his injury following his courageous action prompted his daughter to react.
Jeanne - Marine's second voice made things possible that would have been otherwise impossible.
Benoit - He goes to find Marine on the bridge at the end of Millennium 2 and convinces her to keep going, among other things (like taking Marine to his dad Olbar in order to get a comprehensive explanation of the showdown rules).
Karine - She is the first to accept to join. Without her, maybe the whole thing never starts.
Bokden - He is the one to mention The Bear AND to take Marine to him.
Piu-Piu - He puts the last name on the list.
Old Suzuki - He IS the last name on the list.
The Bear - The grumpy man joining is what lifts the whole team up to the par with the Mystrock guys. Without him, they would have been crushed.
Regis (the rookie of the Mystrock Administration House) - He is the only one in the office to stay until the end of his working hours on the last day when Piu-Piu narrowly goes to add the 13th name.
The Sage - His sense of neutrality allows Marine to turn her idea into reality without having to face unfair hurdles Borgon would have otherwise freely planted.
Lord Dragon - His will not to "crush" Marine allows her to gain time during the final fight, and the way he humanely prevents her from collapsing to the floor after her victory on him is THE symbolic image that seals the reunification in people's mind - a symbol that made a bright future possible.

Feel free to add anyone else you think is the most or one of the most determining in the whole course of events.
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Re: [Spoiler] Who was the most determining?

Postby littlebro » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:02 pm

This is, I think, one of the hardest questions you've ever asked. It is so difficult to single out just one character as being thedetermining element. It is precisely the combination of so many different people, doing their individual bit, which makes the story so compelling. Having just 'one' person stand out in some ways runs contrary to the dynamic of the story.

Also, there are other characters who only appear for a short time, but whose influence is enormous e.g. Benoit's dad. If he hadn't mentioned 'The Rogue', then they would never have found Karine and she could not have played her part. And as you say, if she hadn't joined, would anyone else have? What about Norman? Come on, you can't ignore his contribution! Then if Marine's mum hadn't sent Abu to look after Marine, Abu would have stayed in the swamp and not joined. You see what I mean about the inter-connecting parts that people have to play?

You could argue that without The Bear they would never have won enough rounds in the Arena to reach the end, so in the Arena he is the most important, but even there, others had to play their part.

I think this is one of the few stories where, although there is clearly a 'lead' character, the story requires such a strong team of supporting characters, that no one person can be said to be the deciding factor.

Long story short - I can't answer your question!
littlebro
Ranger

Postby Indinera » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:08 pm

Very interesting reply, thanks. I agree that it was a collective effort. Although I might want to insist, beside Marine (I guess), who would you think made the "biggest" contribution to the victory?
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Tomas » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:14 pm

To put it short - the others did what they could, but Marine did so much more. Her passion and determination were the game changers, at least for me.
And strange as it might seem, Jeanne played a major role, too. Without her sacrifice, there would be no happy end.
Tomas
Ranger

Postby Indinera » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:20 pm

I would have thought so about Marine, but who would be second, or in the second tier, you'd say?
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Indinera » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:21 pm

About Jeanne - she has another game-changing moment actually, at the end of MM3. And also when she has a vision of The Bear seeing the beach where he left his daughter, and tells Marine about it. On the downside, she sometimes gave wrong recommendations, for instance about Bokden's loyalty to her.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Tomas » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:14 pm

Actually, maybe Jeanne wasn't giving wrong directions. It was more like Marine could even overcome the odds with her passion.

And the second most important person? I would say Karine. She was the first recruit and showed great support for Marine and her case. Also, she was a strong warrior and very calm and "stable".
Tomas
Ranger

Postby Nyx » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:17 pm

In order to make a successful venture of Marine's idea, who would you rank as the most important, determining, game-changing people?

IMO Marine cannot be the most important determining game-changer person as she began the game and the idea was hers.

I believe that Indie is the determining game-changer person as he wrote the story and will end it as he see fit !! LOLOLOL
NYX
Nyx
DreamLord of Myst

Postby Gin » Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:42 pm

Nyx wrote:I believe that Indie is the determining game-changer person as he wrote the story and will end it as he see fit !! LOLOLOL

I absolutely agree. +::kiss +::kiss +::kiss
I also like the pretty mermaid...but Indi comes first. +:oops:
Gin
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby loof123 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:03 am

Hmmm... Like it has been said, there is not one person, it's the group and environment as a whole. But if I had to single it out, I'd say those squirrels :P +::biggrin +::biggrin +::biggrin
loof123
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby Nyx » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:00 pm

I'd say those squirrels

ROTFLMAO
NYX
Nyx
DreamLord of Myst

Postby Indinera » Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:00 pm

The squirrels, yes, I should have added them to the list. They showed support and care was of utmost importance. +::heart
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Return to Millennium - Discussions (Spoilers Inside!)