Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Celia's Quest

Re: New RPG: Celia's Quest

Postby Bluerose » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:43 pm

Celia, Please, no slider puzzles for next game! Those are the worst to do and timed puzzles. Hate them!
Bluerose
Mercenary

Postby Celia » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:45 pm

Hey jinx91, and thank you very much! Glad you're enjoying it, and great that you (barely) got out!

Hello Bluerose! I personally love slider puzzles, though I admit it's hard to make them challenging without being frustrating. Maybe I'll just have to think of some other ice themed puzzle for my next icy place. As for timed puzzles, that's been mentioned earlier here, but I enjoy them myself as they add a sense of urgency a lot of turn based games tend to lack.
Comments? Concerns? Questions? Feedback? Send me a message on here
or an e-mail to
Celiasquest@gmail.com
Celia
Bard

Postby Ricbyrne » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:24 pm

Hi Celia, I have enjoyed your game! I believe I have explored and done everything in this game. I'm now in the Bandits Cave and have managed to defeat all the bandits in the first 2 levels. The next level LQQKS tough because there are more than 3 bandits, but I think with the right strategy they will all go down. I must say having some Tech Skills have been a key to my success.

The one thing I would like to see in your next game is an Identification (name) of the caves. All your caves have the name "A Cave". That makes it very hard to remember which cave leads to where. I would like to thank you for hanging out with us and answering any questions we have. I'm sure the players that buy this game a year or so later, after we all have moved on will appreciate having all these hints, to help them through your game.
+::clap +::clap
Ricbyrne
Wanderer

Postby Celia » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:46 am

Hi Ricbyrne!

I'm glad to hear you've enjoyed my game. Yeah, the last stretch of the game has some pretty tough fights, but that's usually what you want from the end of a game anyway, right? Tech skills are life savers, especially the ones that add debuffs to enemies.

Every important cave and interior has a name, but yeah, I see where you're coming from. There's a lot of "A Cave"s around the world. Giving some of them at least more unique names, or maybe even adding an underground world map on top of the overworld map, sounds like a good idea to me.

As for hanging out here and answering questions, it's my pleasure really. I love discussing my game, and comments like these are a great start to my mornings.
or an e-mail to
Celiasquest@gmail.com
Celia
Bard

Postby littlebro » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:57 pm

Just a suggestion on naming maps.

Kes (of Gemelle Games) has released a couple of games here, and I think the way he names the maps is straightforward and useful. For example, in the Volux Caves, the entrance map is Volux Caves 1, and maps leading off it are Volux Caves 2, Volux Caves 3 and so on, so that everything is clear and sequential. You know exactly where you are, and I think it's quite a helpful way of doing things.
littlebro
Ranger

Postby Celia » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:57 pm

Hi littlebro!

That is absolutely helpful, but doesn't it take away from the immersion a bit? I would much rather try to think of unique names, but then again I've always been more about world building than clarity when it comes to game design.
or an e-mail to
Celiasquest@gmail.com
Celia
Bard

Postby littlebro » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:40 pm

I haven't found it takes away. All it's doing is telling me that I'm in Volux Caves (or wherever) which can be a great reminder if I've stopped for any reason, or if I want to pick up from a particular save file, as well as me being able to work out if this is a cave I've been in before when I think I'm getting lost. I don't think immersion is lost that easily if the game is well constructed - it's far more likely to be lost if I have to keep stopping to e.g. draw a quick sketch map to help me work out where I am (and then can I find it next day?)

Another huge advantage is that if I need to ask for help (or answer someone else's query) everyone can identify exactly where the party is far more easily than some vague verbal description which could fit more than one place.
littlebro
Ranger

Postby watts712 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:42 pm

I play all these games and I agree with Littlebro
watts712
Bard

Postby Celia » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:54 pm

Fair points. I'll definitely take it into consideration for my next project!
or an e-mail to
Celiasquest@gmail.com
Celia
Bard

Postby richmond » Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:31 pm

Hi. I am in the ice cave. Have read 3 letters about the snow men's noses. Have been in this cave now for half a day. Have tried all ways but cannot get past those snowmen. Am I missing a forth letter? Love logic puzzles but this one is phasing me.
Can you please help. +::surrender
richmond
Bard

Postby Celia » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:25 pm

Hello richmond!

Spoiler: show
Three letters sounds about right. Try pointing out that they're missing their noses!
or an e-mail to
Celiasquest@gmail.com
Celia
Bard

Postby richmond » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:45 am

I have used all the different phrases possible. The word 'missing' is not coming up as an option though. I have read all 3 letters. The new words provided are 'isn't' and 'nose'.
richmond
Bard

Postby Celia » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:48 am

Spoiler: show
Their nose isn't there.
or an e-mail to
Celiasquest@gmail.com
Celia
Bard

Postby richmond » Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:48 pm

I'm not getting this because these words you have provided are not coming up as an option. Jeepers. +::fear
richmond
Bard

Postby richmond » Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:50 pm

it only gives me three possibilities to choose from - fat, lame and dumb.
richmond
Bard

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers