Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

The Deal

Hidden Quest

Postby Rebekka » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:51 am

I'm playing this game for the third time now, but i'm still unable to find any of the items for the hidden quest. A small hint in which locations i have to search would be helpful :-)
Rebekka
Peasant

Re: Hidden Quest

Postby OrfeasGS » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:12 pm

Rebekka wrote:I'm playing this game for the third time now, but i'm still unable to find any of the items for the hidden quest. A small hint in which locations i have to search would be helpful :-)

Hello! Playing for the third time!? +::O_o
Here's your answer:
The hidden quest starts after you retrieve the Lunchbox. The lunchbox quest can be started from your Camp after Chaac's Valley events are done. When you get to your Camp, to the left of the Pub (to the right as you see the game on your monitor), you will find a woman asking for your help. After you help her, you acquire the Lunchbox. This quest is considered "hidden", because there are no graphical indications or mentions on where to go next. Here are all the steps you need to take, in order to complete this quest:

(This is a tedious and very secretive quest, initially meant to be completed only by those, who where engaged enough with the game, but since 2 months have passed, I can give you a thorough step-by-step guide.)
Spoiler: show
1. Get the Lunchbox Key Item, from the quest mentioned above.
2. Go to Forest Town, where you can find a green-haired woman. Give her the Lunchbox and take the Lute Key Item.
3. Go to Corncornia and find a white-haired man. Give the Lute to him and take the Oil Lamp Key Item.
4. Go to the Academy and speak with the receptionist. She will take the lamp and give you the Rat Poison Key Item.
5. Go to Sapphire Town, to the Item Shop. You can find a grey-haired man. He will take the Rat Poison and give you the Book Of Common Prayer Key Item.
6. Go to the Temple of Light. Inside, you can find a man to your right, sitting on the table. Speak to him and give him the Book of Common Prayer. He will award you with the most powerful mage robe in the game.
Last edited by OrfeasGS on Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OrfeasGS
Mercenary

Re: New RPG: The Deal

Postby Rebekka » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:22 pm

Thank you very much :-) I've got the lunchbox every time i played, but never gave it to anyone.
Rebekka
Peasant

Postby Rebekka » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:17 am

One last question: What's the meaning of " come back when you are ready" in the last castle? It makes no sense to me, since the game is over after the boss battle.
Rebekka
Peasant

Postby OrfeasGS » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:59 pm

Rebekka wrote:One last question: What's the meaning of " come back when you are ready" in the last castle? It makes no sense to me, since the game is over after the boss battle.

It's a typical thing for RPGs to inform the player before the last battle and let them prepare. We followed some basic rules/steps for rpg building, since it was our first game, and this was in the last steps for climax building. (same thing goes for Jonathan's diary that reads "this is it." before the last battle)
OrfeasGS
Mercenary

Postby MONCHA5 » Wed May 24, 2017 3:15 am

I downloaded the demo but ir doesnt open!!!
MONCHA5
Explorer

Postby OrfeasGS » Wed May 24, 2017 6:35 pm

MONCHA5 wrote:I downloaded the demo but ir doesnt open!!!

Hi. I checked it out myself and, indeed, the file won't open. It was most likely moved by Indinera. I will send him an e-mail to fix this issue.

Here is a link to the demo outside of aldorlea: https://orfeas.itch.io/the-deal-demo, it's the demo's site on itch.io a site for indie developers. Scroll down and you can see a Download button just above comments. For any further issues, please send us an e-mail, since we are not visiting the forums frequently any longer.
OrfeasGS
Mercenary

Postby Virlog » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:42 am

So very nice content =O
All you need is love, and... games! =)

https://www.indievision.org
Virlog
Peasant

Re: The Deal

Postby poshpaws » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:01 am

I thought I would like to add that I am also enjoying the game and I hope that you will continue to make these games that are good fun to play. The major frustration that I am having though is having to save every couple of minutes due to the game continually freezing and then closing the programme. I'm playing on a lap top with Windows 10 installed. I'm not sure what is causing this? It even does this in the middle of a save? +::sos
poshpaws
Bard

Postby OrfeasGS » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:30 pm

poshpaws wrote:I thought I would like to add that I am also enjoying the game and I hope that you will continue to make these games that are good fun to play. The major frustration that I am having though is having to save every couple of minutes due to the game continually freezing and then closing the programme. I'm playing on a lap top with Windows 10 installed. I'm not sure what is causing this? It even does this in the middle of a save? +::sos

Hello and thank you for your nice words! We are currently making a new game with more attention to hardware optimization.
Unfortunately, this game was used with a very early version of the RPG Maker MV software and there are quite a few problems with optimization. We have an option in the Options Menu that may help you (called FPS synch). Try and change that to see if anything changes for the better. Furthermore, I have to recommend that you refrain from opening and closing the menu too much. It's counter-productive, I know, but it will ensure that you get less crashes. So sorry for the issues you are encountering.

RPG Maker has been updated and numerous problems have been fixed, since the release of the game (The Deal), but we cannot update it any more, because some aspects of it will not work at all. Our next games will be up-to-date, though!

PS: Thank you for your understanding! If anyone encounters any new technical difficulties, check out my "Contact" signature to contact us, because it has been quite a while from the game's release and we do not visit these forums frequently any more. Keep in mind that nearly any device (including tablets) that runs windows, can run the game properly, as long as it has at least 1GB ram available for the game.
OrfeasGS
Mercenary

Postby Oldtimer » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:40 pm

Hi Orfeas team,

I enjoyed your excellent game I just finished (v.1.5.2) : browsing the above 14-page posts showed me I misssed some secundary quests, which reinforce my intent to play the whole game again! I would add to that long list (a sign of great interest!) my own 2 pences:

Compatibility problems: I first played the game on a 8-year old laptop, running on Windows 7. The slowing-down problem miraculously resolved as soon as I disabled the FPS options. The random closing-down problem resolved himself as soon I install the game on a more recent laptop on duely updated Windows 10: I no longer experienced these irratating randomly returns to the desktop.

Keyboard access loss: the problem seems to arise from the open access to keyboard/mouse /touchpad commands, specially on laptop: an accidental hit on the touchpad may move the prompt to the desktop and blocks game control. The solution might be a control of input mode in the option menu?

Congrats again!
Oldtimer
Peasant

Postby Oldtimer » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:59 am

Oldtimer wrote:Hi Orfeas team,

I enjoyed your excellent game I just finished (v.1.5.2) : browsing the above 14-page posts showed me I misssed some secundary quests, which reinforce my intent to play the whole game again! I would add to that long list (a sign of great interest!) my own 2 pences:

Compatibility problems: I first played the game on a 8-year old laptop, running on Windows 7. The slowing-down problem miraculously resolved as soon as I disabled the FPS options. The random closing-down problem resolved himself as soon I install the game on a more recent laptop on duely updated Windows 10: I no longer experienced these irratating randomly returns to the desktop.

Keyboard access loss: the problem seems to arise from the open access to keyboard/mouse /touchpad commands, specially on laptop: an accidental hit on the touchpad may move the prompt to the desktop and blocks game control. The solution might be a control of input mode in the option menu?

Congrats again!

Clarification: the above suggestion stands for games to come. Then immediate solution is of course to bring back the rompt by clicking in the game windows!
Oldtimer
Peasant

Postby hcopter51 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:54 pm

I also just purchased this game and am having the same problem as previously mentioned....Closing down frequently... +::cry I played Aplestia all the way thru w/o any problem....Just wanted you to know.... +::Annoyed
hcopter51
Bard

Postby OrfeasGS » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:19 pm

Hello everyone again!
Just wanted to tell you, once more, that The Deal was created with an older version of RPGMaker MV, that unfortunately was producing laggy/unstable games. We tried out best to stabilize and optimize The Deal, but many issues still persist.

Some reccomendations for a better performance:
Try and change the FPS Synch option and see if the situation becomes better.
Close any other opened programs that you have running at the same time, like Chrome, Firefox or others.
Do not use the menu too often, since it produces some memory leak problems.

Unfortunately, we cannot update the Deal any more since many features will just stop working. Sorry for the inconvenience.
OrfeasGS
Mercenary

Postby hcopter51 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:26 pm

Is there a new version of this game I can download? I have 1.5.2 I think and if so, how? Any new games? Thanks +::biggrin
hcopter51
Bard

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers