Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Laxius S____ (2018?)

Re: Laxius S____ (2016?)

Postby kkhohoho » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:27 am

Much as I like the Laxius games, I don't think they would sell that well on Steam. They were fine when they came out, but when it comes to just the outer presentation, LF, with mostly out-of-the-box graphics and music, doesn't cut it. There's been so much run-of-the-mill RPG-Maker shlock that's come out since, some of which has been released on Steam, that you need a decent presentation in order to do well. (It makes people think your RP [i]isn't[/i ]run-of-the-mill RPG-Maker schlock, for one thing. And it isn't, but the important thing is to make the vast majority outside of the average RPG-Maker community believe that.) I think Millennium has that, but LF, being the first commercial game that Indie put out, does not. (Don't get me wrong;' when it comes to gameplay and story, I think that the LF games trump everything Indie's put out since. But presentation is more important to successful sales than some realize, and Millenium has one of the best presentations of anything Indie's produced.)

That said, if the Millennium games sell well, maybe you could still get a decent amount of sales for the LP games on Steam as well. But they still probably won't sell as well as Millennium.
Last edited by kkhohoho on Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kkhohoho
Mercenary

Postby Indinera » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:07 pm

This is the logic, and a logic I understand very well.
But on Gamersgate and Greenmangaming, LF has absolutely obliterated anything else I've ever made, save Asguaard, which usually resists it. So I'm not sure... I think if the community is there to support it, LF could do well. On both aforementioned websites, the LF games got positive feedback, and the sales were stellar (by my standards).
But on Steam my community has very very little presence, I'm afraid.
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Tomas » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:29 pm

I believe LF could do well on Steam. Unfortunately, the price would probably need to be relatively low, at least when compared the sheer amount of content to MM. Plus, many of the buyers from other sites would demand a free Steam key. Also, LF is much more "hardcore" then you other games when it comes to some things - for example quests that can only be completed in other parts and so on. You would need to state this clearly in the game description, otherwise many of the "casual" players could be surprised by it.

Still, releasing LF on Steam could really pay off once LS is released...
Tomas
Ranger

Postby Indinera » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:36 pm

Unfortunately, the price would probably need to be relatively low, at least when compared the sheer amount of content to MM.

Don't get this, LF >>> MM when it comes to quantity...

Plus, many of the buyers from other sites would demand a free Steam key. Also, LF is much more "hardcore" then you other games when it comes to some things - for example quests that can only be completed in other parts and so on. You would need to state this clearly in the game description, otherwise many of the "casual" players could be surprised by it.

Indeed but it's not really a drawback to sales in general.

Still, releasing LF on Steam could really pay off once LS is released...

I tend to think LF *must* be on Steam for me to even start making LS.
If people like LF they should go and support it when it's released. 3S got released on Steam and few people went to support it...
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Tomas » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:48 am

Indinera wrote:
Unfortunately, the price would probably need to be relatively low, at least when compared the sheer amount of content to MM.

Don't get this, LF >>> MM when it comes to quantity...

Exactly, LF >>> MM when it comes to content. But you would be unable to set the price appropriately on Steam, I'm afraid, because it's much more dictated by visuals.

Indinera wrote:I tend to think LF *must* be on Steam for me to even start making LS.
If people like LF they should go and support it when it's released. 3S got released on Steam and few people went to support it...

How is 3SoD actually doing on Steam when compared to MM or TBOL?
Tomas
Ranger

Postby Indinera » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:29 am

Exactly, LF >>> MM when it comes to content. But you would be unable to set the price appropriately on Steam, I'm afraid, because it's much more dictated by visuals.

Yes and no. A low price would appease the critics of the game, for sure. But a normal price reflects its content and quality, as perceived by the rest. I'm not sure the game would be successful at a lower price than its value, but it would probably triggers better reviews. Now the dilemma is, what's more important, public reviews or private sales?
As I've said, most reviewers have liked LF, and it sold better than all my other games on non-casual portals (such as Gamersgate, Gamestop, Greenmangaming).

How is 3SoD actually doing on Steam when compared to MM or TBOL?

Impossible to compare since 3S got a dull video whereas MM/TBOL got a nice one. 3S also got attacked by haters of the Laxius series whereas almost no fan counter-balanced this by supporting it. So I'd say 3S was very disadvantaged. TBOL is the clear winner in this 3-side battle. MM did well considered it got bundled a lot to pass the Greenlight test. I have no idea how much 3S would have done with normal reviews and a good video, though. Probably much better than it did.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby EgyLynx » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:21 pm

+::O_o +::cry +::surrender Are i am not Laxius fan at i liked 3 star destiny?

Next game you can put it long way, but only easiest (easy, lowest battlecounter, most exp, cheapest) but if someone pay/register then all these can custom personal...
well, at 3sd i taked easiest level, but battles count higher.

That first Laxius, even normal is me enough... easy... is not so funny...
EgyLynx
Mercenary

Postby camillia » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:06 am

If the Laxius Force series was put on steam would it all be bundled. Even if the cost was higher if they all came bundled so that you could continue I would get them. I assume if they are on steam they'll have achievements. Those could drive me batty as I'd have to get them all or be frustrated. If they go on steam please let us know on site.
Cami
camillia
Bard

Postby Indinera » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:49 am

Dunno about bundles, and I might go for achievements like 100+ kills for Random, and so on.
The games are not on Steam for the time being, though.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby aizen57 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:43 pm

Hi,

Indi, how many games will be released before LS? Isn't it your priority?
I miss Laxius.
I think we all miss Laxius.
Please give us some news, some hope.

Thanks a lot.
Take care>.

Aizen57
aizen57
Peasant

Postby Indinera » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:19 pm

I dunno how many games. It's still planned but tbh I can't say when.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby EgyLynx » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:22 pm

+::surrender
... but i understand....
EgyLynx
Mercenary

Postby Academus » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:15 am

Good morning! All the questions must be answered! Moreover, I would love to have a mature version to the new trilogy! We should also have the other heroes discover their laxius self one by one! What is more, some places for a bit faster level up would be just great! Concluding the new trilogy, we could have the three stars of destiny, Random, Sarah and Luciana, become Gods, as it happened in ancient mythologies.
Despite several imperfections in the first Laxius Force, the trilogy is a true epic tale of unbelieavable imagination! The Iliad of old-school RPGs I could say, and now we wait for the the next trilogy and the final battle against the greatest evil!
Academus
Peasant

Postby Indinera » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:07 am

Good morning! All the questions must be answered! Moreover, I would love to have a mature version to the new trilogy! We should also have the other heroes discover their laxius self one by one! What is more, some places for a bit faster level up would be just great! Concluding the new trilogy, we could have the three stars of destiny, Random, Sarah and Luciana, become Gods, as it happened in ancient mythologies.

Well the full plot is already written. :)

Despite several imperfections in the first Laxius Force, the trilogy is a true epic tale of unbelieavable imagination! The Iliad of old-school RPGs I could say, and now we wait for the the next trilogy and the final battle against the greatest evil!

Thank you very much. Had I been born english, it would have been even better! +::clap
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby EgyLynx » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:58 pm

Laxius Power ... oh my what the story.

and it is only be contiunue!
EgyLynx
Mercenary

PreviousNext