Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Laxius S____ (2018?)

Re: Laxius S____ (2016?)

Postby Beldarius » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:09 pm

Will LS only be released on Steam, or will it also get a regular downloadable release? Just curious since I don't use Steam at all.

Also, how do you support games on Steam? If it means paying for them, I probably have to sit out the LF release since I already own the entire trilogy. Paying for the games twice is a little redundant. :razz:
"Young lady, stars shine only in the sky, and those that fall to Earth never shine again." - Anubis, Ronin Warriors

Note: I'm a girl, even though my avatar is not (he's Capricorn Shura from Saint Seiya, btw)
Beldarius
Wanderer

Postby Indinera » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:42 pm

LS will definitely be released on Aldorlea first and foremost. :)
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby briony » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:05 am

Do not understand how steam works - I mean great games like MM etc (with more storylines) get downgraded in price and not so great games (not yours) are priced higher- seems unfair
briony
DreamLord of Myst

Postby Indinera » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:31 am

This is mostly cuz Millennium is a bit old now. New games wouldn't be "discounted". :)
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby cstrait » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:50 am

Not to change the subject but what is Steam?
cstrait
Mercenary

Postby Indinera » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:25 pm

It's a gaming portal, a bit like Big Fish, if that rings a bell.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby EgyLynx » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:02 pm

I hope it not only go S .
EgyLynx
Mercenary

Postby Zeriab » Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:41 pm

Laxius Sugar!

What else could it be?
Checkout my game Desecrators
Zeriab
Explorer

Postby Noah217 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:14 am

what i want to know is will laxius S be released in 2016 or will you guys start making the game in 2016
Noah217
Wanderer

Postby Indinera » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:02 am

start making...
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Noah217 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:17 pm

Aww man...... huge bummer
Noah217
Wanderer

Postby kaloska » Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:18 pm

Its been years since I last posted on this forum, I been replaying the LP games recently for nostalgia's sake and a thought occured to me.

You were really a lot younger when you did those games.

Of course, I say this because its something I dreamed about for a while, but why dont you remake the laxius power games?

It would have many benefits:

- it would be way easier to launch on steam. Its hard to get traction on a project that has seven prequels to it, it makes sense for people not to greenlight something that is the continuation of a 600 hours history.

- LP1 was widely popular. Rpg maker was on a bigger fever back in 2001-2002. It was the "Indie games" of that time. A remake of LP1 could bring back old fans of the series.

- Artistic integrity. Since you were so young, a lot of things couldnt be done as well as your mind wished, such as guanidia being a slime. And a lot of things had been changed for history sake, such as baretta and batabog meating random and co before the events of LP1.
This epic tale has been on the making for almost 15 years, and since you were so young when you made LP1, Im sure the lore and universe would benefit immensely from rewriting some stuff.

I dont mean to talk badly about your work, I played and loved the laxius series for a decade now, but its clear how the writing itself improved. Its a pity your young self called the villains the "Dark Order" since you had to stick with that name for six other games.

Theres a big list of things that plain contradicts the later games , or Im sure you regretted.

Im sure you regretted the seven temples of the order. Im sure your mind ten years ago thought 'Im going to make random destroy all seven" and you saw that wasnt feasible on LF.

The fact LP3 isnt about the order at all also showed a lot of changes in your artistic mind, which I think its good. No mind should be stagnant.

Also, between you and me, do you regret Random's name? +::biggrin

Anyway, this is just my two cents, I thought about this a lot as I replayed the first games and heard about batabog in 3 Stars.

I think you should at least check if the people of the forum have interest in this. Im sure it would be terrific to gether attention to the site and way easier to greenlight.
kaloska
Peasant

Postby Indinera » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:35 pm

Noah217 wrote:Aww man...... huge bummer

i guess you're right but i don't have enough hours per day lol
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Indinera » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:44 pm

- it would be way easier to launch on steam. Its hard to get traction on a project that has seven prequels to it, it makes sense for people not to greenlight something that is the continuation of a 600 hours history.

Releasing a game on Steam is or should no longer be a "problem".

- LP1 was widely popular. Rpg maker was on a bigger fever back in 2001-2002. It was the "Indie games" of that time. A remake of LP1 could bring back old fans of the series.

Yeah but well the Internet has changed. Now it's in the hands of journalists and youtubers. LP1 was popular because back then you could be a real indie and succeed, like I did. Now Internet is totally controlled.

- Artistic integrity. Since you were so young, a lot of things couldnt be done as well as your mind wished, such as guanidia being a slime. And a lot of things had been changed for history sake, such as baretta and batabog meating random and co before the events of LP1.
This epic tale has been on the making for almost 15 years, and since you were so young when you made LP1, Im sure the lore and universe would benefit immensely from rewriting some stuff.

Yes you're right but this could be true of even Laxius Force 1. It was released 7 years ago and I'm "better" now.
I can't wipe the dust on all old games...

I dont mean to talk badly about your work, I played and loved the laxius series for a decade now, but its clear how the writing itself improved. Its a pity your young self called the villains the "Dark Order" since you had to stick with that name for six other games.

I don't even dislike that lol but yeah the writing has improved. Since I'm not a native english speaker, the writing will never be good enough, though. No realistic hope there. I was born the wrong nationality xD

Theres a big list of things that plain contradicts the later games , or Im sure you regretted.

Contradicts? Like what?
Things to improve, yeah a lot lol
But I guess I could improve also Millennium or Asguaard...

Im sure you regretted the seven temples of the order. Im sure your mind ten years ago thought 'Im going to make random destroy all seven" and you saw that wasnt feasible on LF.

Well the saga is not finished... story wise LP1-3 are pretty true to the tale, it's just the writing... +::Dunno

The fact LP3 isnt about the order at all also showed a lot of changes in your artistic mind, which I think its good. No mind should be stagnant.

LP3 has a problem of balance otherwise story-wise it's true to the tale. But the "tale" doesn't have a million sidequests and side places...

Also, between you and me, do you regret Random's name? +::biggrin

Not really. Some people don't understand the symbolism of it.
I meant to express that between success and failure, luck is often the deciding key. I think what people do is less important than their luck. I still think that now.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby kaloska » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:40 pm

about the contradictions... hmm

Well, things like Guanidia being a slime,
the party being surprised at the hall of madness in LP3 despite the fact they already visited it in 3 stars,
the stuff I mentioned about batabog and baretta

I havent played 3 stars yet, so I dont know if random loses all his equipment and items, but I found it very iconic in LP1 the fact that you started with a Oak sword, its a tale about making a novice swordman becoming a hero, I consider it a contradiction (again, I dont know if 3 stars explain this fact).

But its not about contradictions only, theres some stuff that could be rewritten, showing luciana learning re-incarnate in fanta for example would be pretty iconic.
kaloska
Peasant

PreviousNext

Return to ➡️ Laxius Soul - Help and Questions