Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Laxius S____ (2018?)

Re: Laxius S____ (2017)

Postby EgyLynx » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:55 pm

Laxius S____ going to stream? Why? +::surrender +::O_o +::cry

But someone try beat older games still ... although i can´t get han them all... +::cry

But i waiting wer high standar one ;)
EgyLynx
Mercenary

Re: Laxius S____ (2016?)

Postby Indinera » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:35 am

LS needs to be made, first and foremost lol
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby EgyLynx » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:39 am

... And just your case is cam just masterpice nothing more... +::wizard
EgyLynx
Mercenary

Postby Calthax » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:25 am

Indinera wrote:LS needs to be made, first and foremost lol

Wait a second, you are going to plan Laxius Squad before Little Hearts? Or was there a project in development hell that you need to make Laxius Squad first before you do that?

Yeah, in the meantime, I'll be posting my top 5 problems with RPG Maker by developers which I've seen (Good thing StriHiryu didn't continue Corey Oni as I state Corey Oni's problem down the list)
-5: Guide Dang It: When the game is confusing to the point you need an walkthrough.
-4: Too Grindy: There are times where you need to like level grind your way, Laxius Force I had a lot of lategame enemies in the early chapters. (chapters 4 and 3 got lesser and lesser on it)
-3: Linear Structures: Linear/hallway structures are fine. Of course, the problem here is that if it's not done right, it can be annoying. (3 Stars had a linear ending where in the end you can't turn back, a difficulty back, and that's the area BEFORE the final boss)
-2: Trial-and-Error: Okay, this one is just pure annoyance. The thing is, Laxius Force 3 had an invisible maze, and the last move is only done via trial-and-error. One mistake, and your dead. The thing is, good luck figuring out the right solutions without looking up a walkthrough.

Okay, number one is probably something a smart developer would never EVER pull off. You ready?
-1: Missable Key Items: "You missed that? You can't get the true ending." The thing is, missable key items are only good for like linear visual novels, not for a proper adventure RPG game. In Corey Oni, I remember playing it, and I got STUCK only being able to find the true ending. I asked for help, and guess what? There are four buttons which I only found 3, and the first one is found at the beginning of the game with no real indication it was there all along. Ask yourself this question, "if your going for something hidden, should you really hide them in a style that no one is supposed to figure out on their own?" I'm not sure if any other RPG Maker game did that junk or not, where the true ending can only be gotten by getting something hidden, and if you MISS THAT, (which you won't realize in the first place) you can't get the true ending, only the bad ending.

Okay, I hope your games will be better and more fun, and maybe you'll use RPG Maker MV and maybe an action timed battle system.
Calthax
Wanderer

Postby darkange » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:22 am

@Calthax You make a lot of great points ....
I want to add something about missables items .... in platform/rpg/castlevania style games they plant that shit all the time .... examples : Castlevania series / Hollow Knight / Shantae series / etc etc etc ... I think when bloodstained ritual of the night will come out ... created by the master of Castlevania series ... it will have missables for sure ... I admit that I hate that shit too .... it has to be a hint or something because it doesn't look fair to me to unlock a true ending only if you get all those items ....
I don't stop when I'm tired, I stop when I am done.
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

Postby EgyLynx » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:14 pm

Yeah... but... it was difficult avoid linear.

Anyway, Sometime ealier i make game without plan it... but today... anyway...not at close Indy´s strandar...
EgyLynx
Mercenary

Postby Calthax » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:31 am

Another problem in game development is quality assurance.

For example, has anyone heard of a game called Sea Bunny Rescue? Apparently the developer decided to release a concept demo in a clunky state, while stating all of the problems in the description. One problem he didn't list was that you could step on some of the furniture/objects.

Of course, games must be quality-tested before release. You wouldn't want your players to experience random bugs/glitches they can do by going back to places.
Calthax
Wanderer

Postby EgyLynx » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:23 am

Calthax wrote: Of course, games must be quality-tested before release. You wouldn't want your players to experience random bugs/glitches they can do by going back to places.
+::Thumbup

Yeah... good words. And that´s maker can use Betatesters? Well... youre know i think... ;)
EgyLynx
Mercenary

Postby kanifer » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:42 am

When you check the aldorlea.org and see on the bottom right:

Coming Soon
on Aldorlea

Laxius S <-------- :OOO
Legend
Where Are We?

FINALLY. SATAN BE PRAISED. IT'S COMING!!!
kanifer
Mercenary

Re: Laxius S____ (2017!)

Postby EgyLynx » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:45 pm

+::whistle ;)
well... it was coming like years already...

ps... 2017!
EgyLynx
Mercenary

Postby Calthax » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:33 am

Speaking of the recent RPG Maker games, I can sense so far that there hasn't been an RPG Maker XP/VX ACE/MV game that revolves around these ideas:
Boss Game: A Boss Game is like this; there are no enemies, only bosses. I haven't seen a game here where the only enemies you fight are bosses. Take Shadow of the Colossus for example. The only RPG Maker game I know that revolves around the "Boss Game" topic is a deleted game called Ascentia's Trial.
Linear Stage Selection Structure: This is basically where the game goes like this; you pick a stage and you play it, and the goal is to get to the end of the level.
New Game Plus: New Game Plus is where you basically start all over, but you keep all of your equipment and levels.
Bonus Content: Bonus Content is where if you conquer the game, you can unlock bonuses like behind the scenes, backstories, deleted scenes, abandoned concepts and more.
Action RPG: Action RPG is where everyone fights at the same time, using either real-time tactics or through action-time based gameplay.

I'm gonna write out a draft concept for one of my own games called "Flight of the Zephyrum". It's where demons come to the world of Mirandom, and then one ancient hero awakens to fight off the demons with a pact on a legendary sword known as Elandia.

This idea was taken by those people I've seen on Steam complaining about an RPG Maker game being so grindy and slow, for the final battle, so I'm gonna come up with an idea; fixed stats, linear and puzzle structure with only bosses.

The gameplay is going to be off an Boss Game (where there will be NO random enemies, only big bosses). Each boss will take around 3 to 7 minutes to clear, depending on the strategies you use with Elandia. The hero, known as Atlas, has a fixed stat of 7000 HP and 300 AP, with skills taking around 30 to 300 AP to use. Atlas will have an entire arsenal of skills, buffs, and stances, which the player would need to master out the use to be able to clear the lategame bosses. There's even going to be secret bosses with even more powerful skills. There are two types of skills Atlas can use; Angel Force and Weapon Force. Angel Force revolves around the magic Atlas possesses, and Weapon Force revolves around Elandia transforming into heavy class weapons. Atlas's main stats never change. I'm gonna look for some scripts that removes the level shown on the character and the equipment, but I'll make sure to keep the skills visible. There will be only puzzles, and there might be instances where it's boss battle, puzzle, puzzle, boss battle.

Oh, and last thing about this draft, is that Atlas is the ONLY party member in this game. Yep, you fight alone against the armies of the demons, ALWAYS. I wonder what an RPG Maker equivalent of Shadow of the Colossus would be like, where one tiny guy would be fighting against gigantic bosses.
Calthax
Wanderer

Re: Laxius S___ caming??

Postby EgyLynx » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:41 pm

Calthax wrote:I'm gonna write out a draft concept for one of my own games called "Flight of the Zephyrum". It's where demons come to the world of Mirandom, and then one ancient hero awakens to fight off the demons with a pact on a legendary sword known as Elandia.

This idea was taken by those people I've seen on Steam complaining about an RPG Maker game being so grindy and slow, for the final battle, so I'm gonna come up with an idea; fixed stats, linear and puzzle structure with only bosses.

The gameplay is going to be off an Boss Game (where there will be NO random enemies, only big bosses). Each boss will take around 3 to 7 minutes to clear, depending on the strategies you use with Elandia. The hero, known as Atlas, has a fixed stat of 7000 HP and 300 AP, with skills taking around 30 to 300 AP to use. Atlas will have an entire arsenal of skills, buffs, and stances, which the player would need to master out the use to be able to clear the lategame bosses. There's even going to be secret bosses with even more powerful skills. There are two types of skills Atlas can use; Angel Force and Weapon Force. Angel Force revolves around the magic Atlas possesses, and Weapon Force revolves around Elandia transforming into heavy class weapons. Atlas's main stats never change. I'm gonna look for some scripts that removes the level shown on the character and the equipment, but I'll make sure to keep the skills visible. There will be only puzzles, and there might be instances where it's boss battle, puzzle, puzzle, boss battle.

Oh, and last thing about this draft, is that Atlas is the ONLY party member in this game. Yep, you fight alone against the armies of the demons, ALWAYS. I wonder what an RPG Maker equivalent of Shadow of the Colossus would be like, where one tiny guy would be fighting against gigantic bosses.

What age and look?

But how that Laxius S_?
EgyLynx
Mercenary

Postby DragoonHP » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:51 am

Hey Indy

How is Laxius S_____ coming along?
"Writers aren’t exactly people…. they’re a whole bunch of people trying to be one person." -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Persistance is the key to success +::biggrin -- DragoonHP
DragoonHP
Paladin

Re: Laxius S____ (2018?)

Postby EgyLynx » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:52 am

+::surrender
I can´t ....
EgyLynx
Mercenary

Postby Nikos » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:03 am

Hello , hello forum. Finally a progression for this game . I am one of the grand pa users , from the old forums to this one.
For years i really though the game name is Laxius Saga , but its Squad ( OMG). Lets have fun and finally finish this triple trilogy of games. Welp my Laxius Force 3 saves are corrupted ( i think) , but i will try to remember some unfinished business :
I saw my Memories from 2010 - Why and how Coryool change so much in the period between Laxius Power and Force ? Why is he doing some things alone? AND WHY he is using weapons , when he got BODY MASTER training?
The lycanthropy red wolf - I think we never disppeled his curse so thats a bit open to explore
Sarah family - I am 1000% that its was an open quest , even after you investigate it , so its on
The town with the rain - Another investigation with dead end and open interpretation , so maybe we will find new things in the latest game?
The first characters from Laxius Force 1 - Monkey , mage/warrior and a skeleton i think. They were some curse involved i think , which we never lift or someshit.
From Laxius Power 2 the Eyes in the sewer ( Random story) - I think that we never found what were they exactly ( Or we found in Laxius Force , but i am not quite sure).
QUeen Luci - How are we continue the story with her?
Random ULM WARRIOR - I remember that he thrown the sword away . Its possible to create an interesting main/side quest where Random is finding his old swords - Metalist , Te-Andal , Ulm-Warrior ( i am writing them by memory).
I am quite sure that in LAXIUS POWER 1 they were some unfinished quests , because Indi though he will release version 1.2 ( I remember something about a mage tower... )
Batabog - He got PTSD in the Force series , so he can be a possible recruite with some redemption story
The Druku druks can be explored even further
The slayer system from LAXIUS POWER 3 can be a great addition to the game if its possible to add it in the new RPG makers.
Was Luba even involed if Laxius Force? I am not quite sure.
Thats all i remember :D
P.s. WHERE IS BLADE OF HEAVEN 2?!?!?!? INDI BEST story twist ever was in BoH
memento mori
Nikos
Wanderer

PreviousNext

Return to ➡️ Laxius Soul - Help and Questions