Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Upcoming Aldorlea Releases

Re: Upcoming Aldorlea Releases

Postby Valdy » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:24 pm

Ah, but I hate puzzles too. I have always been apprehensive with John Wizard games, because of the puzzles. Wrote him an email once, telling him that apart from me, there must be many other gamers who love his games, but not the puzzles, and to think about us too. LOL That's why I like Stargazer, because you don't have to do the puzzles in that game - they are just for extras.
No, I love the John Wizard games because of their stories and humour, but wish they didn't have the puzzles, or that you could at least skip them.

And I am sure your games are also pretty much glitch-free when they come out of the oven, all fresh and new. So far I never had problems with any of them. :) But then again, I do buy the games several months after they come out when, hopefully, all bugs are gone to bug heaven.

But I prefer more story than fights. I don't mind the fights, but I don't care to fight my way through a whole game from start to finish without much of a break. I don't know how many times I have tried to "fight" my way through the game "Love's Epitaph", but just can't finish it. I am exhausted with the non-stop fighting scenes, and the different areas I am trying to get through, fighting, are never-ending: never-ending woods, never-ending swamps, never-ending caves. They just go on and on. It's downright exhausting. Then you get to a bridge where you fight some more - again, never-ending - and just when you thought you can breathe easier for a minute, you have to confront the boss, and no chance in hell to even freshen up before then. All in one big take, so to speak. No thank you. LOL
Valdy
Explorer

Postby Indinera » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:13 pm

I can see why you like story modes then. :)
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby loof123 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:28 pm

I don't mind puzzles, just as long as there are hints or skip mechanisms if you get stuck a lot, which many games with puzzles lack. Everlong had that for example, and I loved the puzzles there. And it also had a story mode, which skipped the battles outright. If you like RPG2K3 games, you should definitely try it out. If you haven't already. But I love Indy's games a lot, strong story + good dungeons + (my favorite) great character interactions. Seriously, makes them a lot more human.
loof123
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby Valdy » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:54 am

I don't mind puzzles either - as long there is a skip button, but there isn't in most RPGs. The only one I saw that had a skip (the only one I played that is) was Dawn's Light, where you could skip the rail track puzzle. Of course, if you did, you couldn't finish one quest, because one of the objects needed was inside that puzzle area.

I was looking up RPG2003, but don't know what the difference is, except for the battle modes, and I don't mind whether they are front or sideways shown. Do you have any game examples? And I am not sure that it would make a difference to me. It's what the devs put into the games that is important to me. If a game has too many fights and - to make it worse - invisible enemies, that's when I quit. Nor do I care for puzzles in RPGs, because you get stuck if you can't do them. And that shouldn't happen in a game, IMO.
Valdy
Explorer

Postby briony » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:29 am

Vald wrote:I don't mind puzzles either - as long there is a skip button, but there isn't in most RPGs. The only one I saw that had a skip (the only one I played that is) was Dawn's Light, where you could skip the rail track puzzle. Of course, if you did, you couldn't finish one quest, because one of the objects needed was inside that puzzle area.

I was looking up RPG2003, but don't know what the difference is, except for the battle modes, and I don't mind whether they are front or sideways shown. Do you have any game examples? And I am not sure that it would make a difference to me. It's what the devs put into the games that is important to me. If a game has too many fights and - to make it worse - invisible enemies, that's when I quit. Nor do I care for puzzles in RPGs, because you get stuck if you can't do them. And that shouldn't happen in a game, IMO.

Where is the challenge in playing if it is made so easy+: +::Dunno
briony
DreamLord of Myst

Postby Valdy » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:16 am

I don't play for the challenge's sake, but for the fun and to be entertained. I don't need a game that is hard work. I want something nice and fun and colourful and exciting and with humour, pretty much - as I keep saying - the way many of John Wizard games are. I can laugh with the games in a way that I can't with other RPGs, because they don't have that kind of humour in them, if at all. Things like that are important too - for me at least.
I have never been a gamer who plays mindless shoot-em-up games, where all you do is hit those buttons, and not much else. I find that some RPGs on offer are like that. I need a little more than going from one fighting scene to the next, all the way through a game. That's not a challenge for me, it's just mindless and repetitive.

But that's just how I feel about it. We all have our different tastes - and a good thing too - and we all have our opinion of what we like and don't like. And I shouldn't really have to explain myself why I like certain things and don't like other things. That's why we are all individuals, because we all have different tastes. :)
Valdy
Explorer

Postby Tomas » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:19 am

I personally don't like being "rushed" into something, so time-limited puzzles or battles are not my cup of tea.
Turn-based combat is a great thing, because it allows for enjoying all the "toys" (i.e. powerful spells and weapons) without stress. So I usually never get tired of properly tuned battles - the feeling of being so much stronger than "average enemies" is priceless.

Anyway, I guess Story mode is a reasonable solution to different players' tastes.
Tomas
Ranger

Postby Indinera » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:13 pm

for me fighting is an addiction, especially if I "trust" my party to be able to overcome any enemy troop.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby D-Squall » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:35 pm

Hasn't posted in the forum for a long time now +::whistle +:oops:

So...........

How the development of the next game is going? Which game is coming next? Little Hearts?
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby Indinera » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:57 am

How the development of the next game is going?

Quite good, but I'm side-tracked by MANY things...

Which game is coming next? Little Hearts?

Probably not. I have other games that are closer to completion.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby D-Squall » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:21 pm

Indinera wrote:
How the development of the next game is going?

Quite good, but I'm side-tracked by MANY things...

Which game is coming next? Little Hearts?

Probably not. I have other games that are closer to completion.

The names of those two other games were revealed?
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby Indinera » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:57 pm

Nope, they are completely secret. +::whistle
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby loof123 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:57 pm

I thought one of them was Witch Hunt.
loof123
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby littlebro » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:36 pm

Witch Hunt might be in the pipeline, but that doesn't mean that it's going to be in the next 2 - which makes it sound like there are things Indy has not been telling us (so what's new?)

I just think he likes having secrets and uses them to make us guess.
littlebro
Ranger

Postby Indinera » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:48 pm

I'm the (busy) Trickster lol

I'm so much sidetracked that it's scary. +::surrender
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

PreviousNext