More games coming to Steam?

Re: More games coming to Steam?

Postby Cassiopeia » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:33 pm

+::biggrin
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Tomas » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:55 pm

Shorter games might have been an unfortunate trend lately.
But I doubt this lasts forever.

I believe the length and complexity weill prevail in the end.
There are tons of short and simple games on Steam, but are forgotten the momment the players finishes them. On the other hand, I still remember many scenes from Laxius vividly. Even after all these years...
Tomas
Ranger

Postby Cassiopeia » Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:22 pm

So do I!
But honestly, I doubt this trend is going to change anytime soon. People no longer strive for things that last. Be it clothes or computers or phones or games or ...
They want to have fun for a while, and as soon as something new is available, they want that instead. But of course they don't want to spend too much money on those things.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Boxter » Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:37 pm

Indinera wrote:
+::O_o
Steam has never put a single release of mine in the "new popular releases" section, which is the very best way for a game to skyrocket in sales (logical since it is the most visible section and also the most flattering one, in the sense that if a game is there, it is perceived by the steam users as "popular", so an interesting and well made/loved product). That's why Steam users are far more likely to buy game A or game B if it shows up as a new popular release, as opposed to if it doesn't.
My games have never benefited from this "popularity" bias (and bonus) and have always had to find their audience another way so no, I wouldn't call Steam friendly to them.

Is steam continue to be like that?

because it seems to be a bit stupid if it really is analyzing games on many aspect, but not the income, I mean, business is still in large part income vs actual expense.
Boxter
Wanderer

Postby EgyLynx » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:14 pm

+::Dunno good thinks for Steam.

Anyway... are it say that not all eggs at same cup? or how it goes?
EgyLynx
Mercenary

Previous

Return to Let's Discuss about Games