Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

a new hope outdated?

a new hope outdated?

Postby Serifa » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:33 am

I bought both Millennium 1 & 2 in 2010 from ArcadeTown and recently I redownloaded them, but Millennium: A new Hope will not run on my computer (I have a 2007 Toshiba running on windows 7). I have asked for help from ArcadeTown and all they could tell me to do was change my compatibility settings, then when that didn't fix it, they told me my system was too new to play the game. I was wondering if there was any kind of update or anything? (I really loved the games and was hoping to be able to play the whole series as soon as I can afford the other 3.)
Serifa
Peasant

Re: a new hope outdated?

Postby loof123 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:05 am

I doubt that's the issue, because games on Windows 7 works just fine. Try downloading it here, if it works, complain to Arcadetown or something... :)
loof123
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby Tomas » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:32 am

edit: Loof was faster.
Tomas
Ranger

Postby Indinera » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:53 pm

Yes, try to see if the games here work better.
Besides, you don't really need to replay part 1&2, you can start directly with 3. ;)
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Serifa » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:26 am

Indinera wrote:Yes, try to see if the games here work better.
Besides, you don't really need to replay part 1&2, you can start directly with 3. ;)

Yeah, I know, but when games come in a series, I like to play the whole series straight through. I'm a dork like that :razz:
I'll totally try that, but I get the feeling Arcade town doesn't care if their versions are out of date... I've tried to redl a few games recently and I've come across 3 that they've plain gotten rid of, and one that was corrupted... I think once the dl is on the site, they figure they're done with it. that's part of the reason I stopped buying from them. I just wish I could use the same code I got from them to use it on a dl I got from another site! xD
If it does work from here, when I have money again, I might just buy it straight from Aldorlea before I buy the others, too. =P
Serifa
Peasant

Postby Serifa » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:38 pm

so, yes, the dl I got from here works perfectly! Now I just can't wait until I have money coming in to buy it and the rest of the series. =P
Serifa
Peasant

Postby Cassiopeia » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:54 pm

Well, I'd still complain to Arcadetown though. There's now good reason why their version shouldn't work.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Indinera » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:53 pm

As per the old saying, always buy from the developer! It might be a bit more expensive but you'll get by a landslide the best customer service and of course, all the updates in the promptest of time. 8)
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Serifa » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:10 pm

Indinera wrote:As per the old saying, always buy from the developer! It might be a bit more expensive but you'll get by a landslide the best customer service and of course, all the updates in the promptest of time. 8)

and that saying would be right on the money! just whish I knew that when I bought my first games! speaking of which, most of the RPG games I've bought are your games. xD you're awesome!
Serifa
Peasant

Postby Indinera » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:43 am

thank you so much serifa!
which are the ones you got? :)
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Serifa » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:34 am

Indinera wrote:thank you so much serifa!
which are the ones you got? :)

Well, I bought them all from Arcade town, of course, before I knew to buy from the developer, but I've bought Millennium 1 & 2, Laxius Force, and 3 Stars of Destiny... I never got to play Laxius Force or 3 Stars of Destiny much, though. And now I'm having problems with Laxius Force because Arcade Towns download is corrupt. +::Dunno I think I'm just going to work on rebuying all my games straight from the sources :razz: the only other ones I've bought are the Aveyond series and Eternal Eden, which probably evens it out with all the games that are in Aveyond, but I count them all as one because they all go together xD
Serifa
Peasant

Postby Indinera » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:31 pm

I would heartily recommend The Book of Legends and Moonchild, the 2012 games, that both received solid feedback from the press and the players alike. :)

http://www.aldorlea.org/thebookoflegends.php
http://www.aldorlea.org/moonchild.php
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Serifa » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:19 am

=O Ok! I'll try them! =3
Serifa
Peasant