Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Millennium: A New Hope - Xbox 360 port

Millennium: A New Hope - Xbox 360 port

Postby Geex » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:12 am

Hi

A few weeks ago Indinera and I talked about migrating Millennium to Xbox360. Indeed my game is made on an engine (Geex Suite) that allows the game to run on PC, Windows Mobile or Xbox.
So we have confidence the Millennium series will be a good choice to hit the Xbox360.

Still, why do we create this topic?
We'd like to have a thread to exchange ideas with you, as a few choices should be made, and because Indinera would like to stay as close as possible to what fans expect and perhaps take that opportunity to include some improvements.
So we'll be throwing surveys, questions, demo game, screens etc.

So far, I am migrating the game to the c#-Geex engine to have a clean running version, but the next step is the longest one as it's about recoding the custom ruby script to c#

Let's start then with our first question on Millennium 1.
Think of playing it on Xbox, what would you change/improve in the game?

Thanks
Geex & Indinera
My action-RPG game : The Fall of Gods
Geex
Wanderer

Re: Millennium 1 - The Story of a Migration

Postby Indinera » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:41 am

Thanks for the topic, Geex! :)
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Tomas » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:45 am

I won't help you much with the first question, because I don't own Xbox360 (although I believe that with the simple controls - only six keys required - RPG Maker games are generally well suitable for consoles).
Still, if it is of any help to you, I noticed a game called Cthulhu Saves the World in recent months. It's a different engine, but basically the game works the same (turn-based combat, world map, ...) as RPG Maker games. And, what's important, it was pretty successful I believe, so maybe some of the things the authors of CStW experienced could be useful for MM, too.

One thing that I understood is crucial, though, was the price. To enter the XBLIG successfully, you probably need to sell your first game there fairly cheap, something like 3USD at most, otherwise people won't give it a try no matter how good it is.
Last edited by Tomas on Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Tomas
Ranger

Postby Indinera » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:49 am

We'll decide the price at the end I guess lol in any case, thanks for your input! ^^
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Tomas » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:47 am

A few more suggestions:

1. I don't know how much of the MM features is possible to port to Xbox, but there definitively should be the guiding arrows. It's quite different if you are sitting at your PC and switching to Aldorlea Forum for help or if you are sitting at your living room and don't know what to do next...

2. It would be probably good to let monsters drop some money on top of things that you are able to sell later. It's not a bad feature, actually it's an interesting change from other games, but it may also scare some players away.

3. It might be good for replayability to only allow Hard mode after finishing the game on Normal. Maybe I am wrong, but I would generally expect the players on XBLIG to prefer lower difficulty levels.

Just my two cents. :)
Tomas
Ranger

Postby jyarceus1993 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:08 pm

I wish you all the best for your attempt :)

Now,like Tomas said you can have guiding arrows but having floating arrows to point directions is a bit troublesome,since the feature is Patented by Sega corp.So,when u release it on a big console like the 360,you might get into trouble.
And yeah,some monsters should drop gold so it doesn't make it tedious for players.Two difficulties is enough-Story mode and Hard mode.
Can you guys try using the Xbox Live to access some cool features?
Spoiler: show

Spoiler: show

La shai'a waqi'on motlaq bal kollon momken-Altair
jyarceus1993
DreamLord of Myst

Postby D-Squall » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:01 pm

I agree that gold droping from monsters would be a good thing since players of now days is not used to the kind of features that Millennium provides i. e. not droping money from enemies. If this keeps going without enemies droping gold I'm sure that people think that the game is too hard or too hard to gather money like some members in this forum stated once.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Re: Millennium: A New Hope - Xbox 360 port

Postby titaness » Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:37 pm

I probably should not even be posting here, because I'm such a technology idiot, but
just let me ask when you say "windows mobile" are you talking about something like
mobile phones, or handheld game systems, or what?? Forgive my illiteracy! +::Dunno +:::|
Image Image
I must cherish every moment, for it soon will rush away
And be lost to me forever, as a part of yesterday
titaness
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby Geex » Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:00 pm

Window mobile means an "operating system" for mobile phone indeed

I will work out a short Millemium demo (with no custom script) in the coming weeks, so you can see what's been achieved

Taking about the Xbox Pad, what would be the best fit between keyboard and Pad configuration ?
Geex
Wanderer

Postby D-Squall » Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:13 pm

Dunno, will the mouse option work in the Xbox version? What about the joypad works as directions while the analog works as the mouse????? If mouse is enabled.

Y could be the menu
B could cancel
A to select
X dunno...

START/BACK options

That sounds good?
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby cstrait » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:59 pm

I would like to see the battles like the battles on FOTG. I love battles like that. I feel like I have more control and I absolutely hate random battles. The things I love about Indy's games is the hidden rooms, secreted items that you get when you click on a box or barrel, great prizes, and dialogue. Combine this with your battles would be great. Could you have more than one in the party with the fighting like that?
cstrait
Mercenary

Postby D-Squall » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:01 pm

I think that battles should stay the same. Millennium is a RPG unlike Fall of Gods that is an Action RPG.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby Indinera » Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:24 am

cstrait wrote:I would like to see the battles like the battles on FOTG. I love battles like that. I feel like I have more control and I absolutely hate random battles. The things I love about Indy's games is the hidden rooms, secreted items that you get when you click on a box or barrel, great prizes, and dialogue. Combine this with your battles would be great. Could you have more than one in the party with the fighting like that?

Millennium can not change so drastically I'm afraid. It's more about fine tuning the original game than transforming it entirely.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Geex » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:17 am

thanks for the hommage cstrait :) And actually I am like you I prefer aRPG but I also have to admit Millenium is a RPG and don't forget the point of this topic is also to make sure we keep the fans happy :)
Geex
Wanderer

Postby :D :D :D :D :D » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:07 pm

I'm afraid I can't give much input but I can give moral support... so OHMYGODTHATWHOULDBESOAWESOMEPLEASEDOIT!!!!
:D :D :D :D :D
Bard

Next

Return to Useful Information