Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Magical Charms

A place to discuss the game - big spoilers inside!

Magical Charms

Postby Hope » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:10 pm

I think I have ran into a game malfunction, I can't find any other topic on here that lists this issue. I have been to all the sites for the charms -

Turquoise cave, in the arm where the tall barrel is
Guild of mind, on the far wall
Shrine of Myst, near Green Grass, on the left side
Green grass, near the pond
Eternal autumn, on the second walkway going to Theos
Toad swamp, far east where one of the diamond shaped lights is
Toad swamp, north before you get to the boat
Guild of speed near Shumen, on the back wall
in Shumen, on the outside wall near the Items door

I collected all these charms but my inventory says I only have 8. When I go back to the Guild of Magic she says I only have 8 and refuses to give me the 10th. I've been back to all the sites 2 more times and there are no more charms to be found. Is this a glitch that someone else has had issues with? Am I missing something? It's driving me nuts!
Hope
Peasant

Re: Magical Charms

Postby D-Squall » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:44 pm

That is strange, I don't remember a bug with any of the charms. In a very old version of the game (just a few days after its release) there was a bug that the charm of Shrine of Myst didn't show. But you said you found that one, I suggest that you check again and really see that there is no one missing. Do you have an old version of Millennium 2?
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby Hope » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:13 pm

D-Squall wrote:That is strange, I don't remember a bug with any of the charms. In a very old version of the game (just a few days after its release) there was a bug that the charm of Shrine of Myst didn't show. But you said you found that one, I suggest that you check again and really see that there is no one missing. Do you have an old version of Millennium 2?

No, my version is new, I just bought it last week. I'm new to rpg games, Millennium 1 was the first I've played. I loved it and played it 4 times before I bought this one. This is my first time through with this episode. As I've said, I've been back to each site 3 times now and the charms are no longer there. I don't even know which one isn't registering because there's no list anywhere to tell me that. I've walked up to the place where each charm was and tried to 'touch' again, to see if that helps but it doesn't change anything. I'd really like to get through this once (I'm playing easy mode this time) without having to start all over before I'm even done with the game. As it is I've missed secret room 13 and I found information that says it's a one time shot that i apparently missed, which is very frustrating.

Thank you so much for your reply, I appreciate your taking the time to try to help.
Hope
Peasant

Postby D-Squall » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:24 pm

In this topic viewtopic.php?f=101&t=2699 There is a list of all charms, just one pic is not showing, but by the description you can find it easily. I suggest you to take a look at those screens and see if you haven't missed any.

Oh and that is great that you decided to play the Millennium games, believe me, It just keep getting better and better.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby Hope » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:51 pm

D-Squall wrote:In this topic viewtopic.php?f=101&t=2699 There is a list of all charms, just one pic is not showing, but by the description you can find it easily. I suggest you to take a look at those screens and see if you haven't missed any.

Oh and that is great that you decided to play the Millennium games, believe me, It just keep getting better and better.

Yes, I did look at those already. The pic that is missing is the one in the swamp, east. I've been there. I just started over. I've spent three days revisiting all the places. I keep track of everything as I go, i.e. secret rooms, the charms and so on and make a list as i find them so I know that I did find them. I found the topic with the pictures this morning and it confirmed that I had found/been to each place. Not sure what is wrong but hopefully this time around I won't have the same problem.

Yes, I think the games are addictive and I enjoy them a lot. LOL, I spend waaaayy too many hours with them actually. I'll buy the 3rd game after I'm comfortable with this one too. I miss Karine in this one, don't like Jezabel at all because I can't keep her alive anytime I run across 6 monkeys! No matter what tools I give her. I suspect that I'm not the only one this has been an issue with! +::whistle +::biggrin
Hope
Peasant

Postby D-Squall » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:00 pm

Hope wrote:Yes, I did look at those already. The pic that is missing is the one in the swamp, east. I've been there. I just started over. I've spent three days revisiting all the places. I keep track of everything as I go, i.e. secret rooms, the charms and so on and make a list as i find them so I know that I did find them. I found the topic with the pictures this morning and it confirmed that I had found/been to each place. Not sure what is wrong but hopefully this time around I won't have the same problem.

That is strange because I played Millennium 2 lots of times, and I tend to do everything in the game. When I do the Charm quests, I really have no problem with it. Maybe when Indinera sees this, he can help you.

Hope wrote:Yes, I think the games are addictive and I enjoy them a lot. LOL, I spend waaaayy too many hours with them actually. I'll buy the 3rd game after I'm comfortable with this one too. I miss Karine in this one, don't like Jezabel at all because I can't keep her alive anytime I run across 6 monkeys! No matter what tools I give her. I suspect that I'm not the only one this has been an issue with!

I totally understand your feelings about Jezabel and Karine, and to me was the same. The monkeys defeated Jezabel almost everytime that it became very annoying. +::biggrin
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby Hope » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:04 pm

D-Squall wrote:
Hope wrote:Yes, I did look at those already. The pic that is missing is the one in the swamp, east. I've been there. I just started over. I've spent three days revisiting all the places. I keep track of everything as I go, i.e. secret rooms, the charms and so on and make a list as i find them so I know that I did find them. I found the topic with the pictures this morning and it confirmed that I had found/been to each place. Not sure what is wrong but hopefully this time around I won't have the same problem.

That is strange because I played Millennium 2 lots of times, and I tend to do everything in the game. When I do the Charm quests, I really have no problem with it. Maybe when Indinera sees this, he can help you.

Hope wrote:Yes, I think the games are addictive and I enjoy them a lot. LOL, I spend waaaayy too many hours with them actually. I'll buy the 3rd game after I'm comfortable with this one too. I miss Karine in this one, don't like Jezabel at all because I can't keep her alive anytime I run across 6 monkeys! No matter what tools I give her. I suspect that I'm not the only one this has been an issue with!

I totally understand your feelings about Jezabel and Karine, and to me was the same. The monkeys defeated Jezabel almost everytime that it became very annoying. +::biggrin

Thank you so very much D-Squall! I really am grateful that you took the time to try to help me figure this out. +::clap

Hope!!
Hope
Peasant

Postby D-Squall » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:05 pm

You're welcome. :)
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Return to Millennium 2 - Discussions (Spoilers Inside!)