Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Dreamscape Comprehensive Feedback

Re: Dreamscape Comprehensive Feedback

Postby Indinera » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:00 am

because I can't stand the endless cheeps, churps, bleeps etc. whenever you use the arrow key/space bar etc. Any way of having one without the other?

that would be pressing on F1 (or F5) and disabling the sounds only
sorry to interrupt the Memories - new people can sign too ^^
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby littlebro » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:43 am

Indinera wrote:
because I can't stand the endless cheeps, churps, bleeps etc. whenever you use the arrow key/space bar etc. Any way of having one without the other?

that would be pressing on F1 (or F5) and disabling the sounds only
sorry to interrupt the Memories - new people can sign too ^^

Thanks for the info. A whole new experience is about to open up for me.
littlebro
Ranger

Postby Indinera » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:52 am

Remember it for Millennium 3! lol
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Destinye » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:20 pm

Favorite Hero (explain why): I liked them all! All were useful, Athena was my favorite but not most useful!
Favorite "Reward" upon completing the game (explain why): Not sure what I got!
Which Mode did you play in? Dream (was hard and had to use the crystal...)
What did you think about the game, its story, gameplay etc? Very good, inspired as always! I swear Indy is a genius! It was hard to get into initially though, but just replayed it and finished it and really enjoyed it once I got into it.
What did you think about Erin? She was ok, nothing special.
What did you think about Athena? She was very cute and some nice spells!
What did you think about Peeboo? Two words - Carrot Transformation!
What did you think about Clochette? Very cute and very useful especially later in the game.
What did you think about the music and graphics? Graphics were very good, did not play with sound!
What did you think about the humor? Quite cute and clean too!
Which "dream" was your favorite and why? I liked the Athena one because of the graphics, very beautiful.
Which moment did you like best? The start.
Do you think Dreamscape should have a sequel? Yes!
Destinye
Mercenary

Postby Lira » Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:38 pm

Indinera wrote:Due to popular (ahem, Titaness) demand.... here it is!
Done with Dreamscape? If you've got 5 mins, please fill this questionary, it is always *very* helpful for me and very appreciated! :)

Favorite Hero (explain why):

Erin. She is quite good at dishing out damage and takes everything in stride. I love Athena's spells (but her attitude is at times a bit annoying.
Favorite "Reward" upon completing the game (explain why):

Well, the best char is obviously LD. With him in the party nearly everything becomes a cakewalk.
As to the other rewards, I love the immunity stone.
Which Mode did you play in?

All of them? :razz:
What did you think about the game, its story, gameplay etc?

Terry is a jerk and I hope that Erin ditches him! The story is fun, the gameplay is quite different what with no collectable health and mana items but just what you find on the ground. I liked a lot that for the controls, Erin moves somewhat more intelligently than Marine in MM1. I hated that I always had to steer her around every little obstacle while Erin manages to move around some obstacles on her own.
What I hate about the gameplay is that there is no way to skip dialogues, in particular the beginning and ending story tends to get a bit long when you replay the game several times.
What did you think about Erin?

I liked her a lot. She's determined and finds her way, no matter what stands in the way.
What did you think about Athena?

I totally love her spells. Couldn't have done it without her. I totally adore cats - but her attitude sometimes got on my nerves. Though her dialogues with Peebo are absolutely fun!
What did you think about Peeboo?

He's cute and his carrot spell makes a big difference in low levels for levelling - but in higher levels I found him to be weak. He's the character I had to heal (with Erin's spell) the most often and he's the one who got knocked out the most often.
What did you think about Clochette?

She's absolutely adorable and quite a different kind of hero for once. Her boost and detox spell are very helpful.
What did you think about the music and graphics?

The graphics are great.
I just realized I never once had music on. It wasn't set to on when I installed the game, so I've only ever had the annoying background noises. +::O_o
What did you think about the humor?

Loved it. The hat conversation from Athena and the tea conversations from Clochette are really funny.
Which "dream" was your favorite and why?

I guess Athena's. It's got the nicest atmosphere.
Which moment did you like best?

Hmm, don't know. Guess when I managed to beat pure Nightmare.
Do you think Dreamscape should have a sequel?

Absolutely!
Lira
Wanderer

Postby jackdone » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:16 pm

The game is incredible, I like all the places the game's story is very original and the gameplay was really. I really like it.
jackdone
Peasant

Postby loof123 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:06 pm

Not secret character, Peeboo! He is amazing like "You are the weak link for annoying us" Secret Character Lord Dragon! He is just amazing! If he becomes a playable character in MM4 or MM5 I hope he is as strong as now.

999-Legend Energyzer.In Ataraxia mode it boost dexterity and strength by 1998!

Ataraxia. (I used Ladybug's save to get Lord Dragon. +::shhhh )

It was great,the creepiness of London,I was really annoyed when I accidentally died by Jack the Ripper. I hate him. Fights against Dreamlords,It was amazing.

She is a tough and very determined girl. She was quite tough and with Excalibur she could make quite huge damages. And she could counter which was amazing. But that made her die real quick against Repellin and Arzueder. (BTW Where did you find Dreamlord names???)

The lovely and humourous cat. She was a great spellcaster. Though don't have much to comment on her.

My favourite character, this mouse can "punch quite a pack" Though he wasn't useful at beginning, he became very useful towards the end.

Her granny must have been quite tough.Breaking the bars even Peeboo couldn't break. A very useful character though.

Like Millennium,it was top notch.

It was absolutely wonderful. Athena and Peeboo and Clochette's tea obsession. Quite amazing! +::biggrin +::biggrin +::biggrin

To be honest, it's either Clochette's dream, the blue man in jail's dream, or the sheep in Athena's dream.

JAG. Aww come on who wouldn't like it???

Maybe after you finish MM series first!
loof123
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby Despero6 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:25 pm

Favorite Hero (explain why): Athena - chubby cake eating kitty... what gets better than that
Favorite "Reward" upon completing the game (explain why): 999-Legend Energizer, why? lolz
Which Mode did you play in? Ataraxia, most recently Nightmare
What did you think about the game, its story, gameplay etc? Story's great, gameplays unique and expansive. But questions unanswered...
What did you think about Erin? I don't think she's that much different from the average highschooler... +::biggrin
What did you think about Athena? CAKE EATING KITTEH!!! LOLCAT FTW!!!
What did you think about Peeboo? "We are tiny but pixelated and mighty... +::biggrin
What did you think about Clochette? Unrealistic... beyond incomprehensibility...
What did you think about the music and graphics? Graphic for the mapping, exquisite as usual, I noticed you brought back some tracks from LP3, i have to give you props cuz this is the best game so far where more than half of the battle animation was not the default. lik-a dat very miniscule looking white nuke that suspiciously grew larger when it got stronger... but you kinda scared me there cause i didn't actually think you would put someone screaming as the sound affect for yell... +::biggrin
What did you think about the humor? funny...
Which "dream" was your favorite and why? Lostham, it was the only play where i could get a break in and touch dat pink crystal...
Which moment did you like best? "Athena: ITS A NEW WORLD RECORD!!!
Despero6 - Usukuragari no Idaten ...
ImageImage

Despero6
DreamLord of Myst

Postby Kylie » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:09 am

ATHENA! She had the best personality, and she was funny!

That "Avoid the poison" thing or whatever.

Ataraxia. (Spelling?) I'M SORRY, I AM A WIMP!!! Or was, then.

Genius! Who would think of a game involving getting trapped searching for your boyfriend in your own DREAM?!
I prefer the MM series, though. Because of Jack. I wished there had been more events in the story, but, really, you made it quite realistic. What COULD happen in an hours long search for your stupid boyfriend who locked himself up just to play a trick on you? And yet, I was NEVER bored with ANYTHING in it EVER. The whole exploring dreams thing was fun. I think I missed having more people in it.

What did you think about Erin?:
I think she was okay. Rather Phlegmatic, but that's fine, considering there are really people like that. I liked her faithfulness to her boyfriend. Though I wish that she could have a second chance with romantic blue-haired-red-clothed guy whom I cannot remember the name of.

BEST CHARACTER IN THE GAME! She was hilarious! I loved her (sometimes) snotty comments, and her teasing way. I liked how she didn't take anything serious, and how she didn't even really care if Terry lived or died. That's a cat!

He annoyed me most of the time. I liked his carrot skill, though. Sometimes he was cute.

She was funny. Sometimes I had doubts about her sanity.

GREAGREATGREAT! I can think of a person who thinks you map badly, but I disagree with him. DON'T YOU WISH YOU KNEW WHO IT WAS?! Maybe you already know, though.
I loved "Melancholy Healer"! My favorite song. Oh! And "Track 7" WHERE did you get that? I loved that one. I play it all the time.

Just as funny as I've come to expect from you! I think I laughed hardest over the Sparkly vampire part, though.

Hmmm.... Either Athena's, or Old Man's Erin's dream (You know, that snowy place)
The music was pretty, and the setting was serene and beautiful. My younger sister loves the creepy music and settings, and I love the pretty ones.

Hmm... I don't know. I kind of liked the end. It was fun laughing at her idiot boyfriend!!!
But maybe... my favorite part was when she was talking to the Count! Why was he in London, anyway? I also liked it when Peeboo turned Jack the Ripper into a carrot. I wouldn't let anyone eat him.

I don't know. There is certainly things that could be explained (Like what the heck was Peeboo saying hello to Erin for? Was she sent back by her scoundrel boyfriend?) and I would love to see more dream worlds.
If I have a ton of typos, it is because I am on my phone and I have the tiniest keypad ever! Please excuse my mistakes! :)
Kylie
Ranger

Postby flavie » Tue May 20, 2014 7:34 pm

When I first got the game, maybe the year it was released, I don't remember in Lostham seeing Terry being imprisoned. So I thought "what's this game about?" what am I suppoosed to do?? That I didn't play it until recently.

Athena is a strong magic character. I love long hair cats. +::heart

Favorite "Reward" upon completing the game (explain why): +::Dunno
Which Mode did you play in?In Utopia mode.

It’s time of playing was enough. It’s nice to go back to places once, but several times is boring.
I first played 2 hours starting at Athena’s dream, in which I neglected the part you get Peeboo, then started el cairo. In fact I had difficulties keeping good health. Then I realized about Peeboo, I restarted, it was better.
The story: mysterious, not very developed. It would’ve been great to discover prisoners in their dreams somewhere in reality. The end sucks.

She keeps her goal by love, the game shows love is blind cos for me Terry tricked her.
She’s from good advice to go back to reality…
What did you think about Peeboo? He’s very strong , useful, a big “P” on his chest like Superman would be funny.
I wonder why she followed us, she’s too classy for that.

I was frightened by what brings the “Never Dream” screen! Graphics are average, it’s ok as it’s among the first games.

I liked the dialogues between Athena and Peeboo. He’s so self-assured, Athena should have eaten him. 8)
Which "dream" was your favorite and why? Athena’s, simple nature, birds should be good too.
Which moment did you like best? When Athena speaks for the first time to Erin.
Yeah, I wonder what would happen. To have victims of the dream invaders meet and unite to dreamscape. +::wizard
If you love searching the truth, fight for human race,good and bad sex, sadism to stop, the prequel is WTF
Read "The sword of Truth" by Terry Goodkind in your language or English. Read the prequel after "the Confessor" to not be spoiled.
flavie
Explorer

Postby Cassiopeia » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:43 pm

From the original team: Peeboo. He's so funny and I love his skill that transforms monsters into carrots. That's just hilarious, but also pretty useful at the beginning because carrots bring much more XP than the original monsters.
But apart from him it has to be Lord Dragon. He's incredible! With him even Nightmare mode is a breeze! Double hit, then triple hit, countering hits and first strike. A death spell for free .... how could he not be my favorite? +::lol

Healt Catalyst. You have to worry much less about getting hit.
And 999 Energyzer. This thing on Lord Dragon ............ +::wizard

All possible modes. +::clap

When I first played the game I didn't like it. No clue why.
Years later I tried it again and loved it right away. The story is really unique. The possiblity to jump back and forth between dreams is cool. Depending on the mode you play, you have to come up with strategies on what to do at which point, especially since there's a limited amount of monsters.
Not being able to collect and store restoratives is an additional challenge. For me it became a goal to use up as few items as possible, and even on Pure Nightmare mode I managed to leave the stuff for the most part.
I think among all Aldorlea games DSC (along with TBOL) is the one with the biggest replay value. Unlocking new characters is awesome. And of course getting the chance to unlock a whole new area! Never before I've been willing to play a game on hard more. This time I did and I don't regret it!

She's determined to find her boyfriend, although he's a jerk. Why would he take her to a dreamscape and leave her all alone there? She wants to find and save him anyway. That's love I guess. +::lol
With the right equipment Erin is a good fighter. But what I loved most about her is her Scream skill. So useful!

Her attitude is a bit annoying, and for a cat she's a snail. Well, she's a fat cat after all. But her spells can be pretty useful.

Peeboo is just cute! And very useful too. With his carrot spell, but also when equipped with the Atchom Leaves. He keeps confusing the enemies reliably. +::clap

She's the one I usually ditch first when playing with alternative characters. However, when using her, her boosting spell is really good.

For some part I really like the music. On other screens it's getting on my nerves. But that's normal, music is so much a matter of taste.
The graphics are great. The character artworks are really beautiful, and some of the maps are also great. Like London. It's just stunning!

There are funny comments, but there are other games that are much funnier.

London, no doubt. At first, Jack the Ripper really scared me. I didn't know where to step safely without getting killed. That's so cool.

There's not a special moment related to the story of the game. I'd say it was the satisfaction of killing the very last enemy on Pure Nightmare mode. Followed by exploring Hell World and killing its boss! +::clap

Not really. The story has been told.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Previous

Return to Dreamscape - Help and Questions