Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Sprites used for Erin

Sprites used for Erin

Postby VanEinstein » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:13 am

Shortly into playing Dreamscape, I came to the realization that the sprites used for Erin were a combination of a general NPC body generated by RPG maker, and plopping a different character head over the pre-existing one. I can still see the hair from the original sprites coming out from under the new head. I felt a little let down. It would have been nice if there was a way to at least make sure that the remainder of the original head wasnt visible underneath. I know with custom made sprites that wouldnt be a problem, but since I dont often deal with the RPG maker engine, I dont have a chance to see what kind of tools are at your disposal for dealing with that kind of issue. Of course I've also thought that it might have been an intentional decision to leave it behind, but for some reason that tid bit of 'extra' hair really bothers me since I can tell it doesnt belong to her head.
VanEinstein
Wanderer

Re: Sprites used for Erin

Postby Indinera » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:29 am

It's intentional. It's a yellow mantle over the green cape. :)
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Re: Sprites used for Erin

Postby VanEinstein » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:39 am

That makes me feel a little better. I tried to rationalize it like that at first, but as time wore on I couldnt get that out of my head. I'm glad you were able to clarify for me.
VanEinstein
Wanderer

Return to Dreamscape - Help and Questions