Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Save Location

Save Location

Postby VanEinstein » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:21 am

I've been trying to figure out where the game chooses to store its save information. Doing a complete wipe of the installation doesnt get rid of the save. You may be thinking, "why would you want to get rid of your save?"

It's complicated. I'm a bit of a purist at record keeping, and want to challenge myself to something now that I've beaten the game.

So anyway, can someone point out where I can find this save file so I can delete it and start the record fresh?
VanEinstein
Wanderer

Re: Save Location

Postby Ladybug » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:30 am

If you're using Vista or Windows 7 go to C:\Users\"YourUserName"\AppData\Roaming\Dreamscape_Saves.
If you're using XP go to C:\Documents and Settings\"YourUserName"\Application Data\Dreamscape_Saves.

However, I fear it's more complicated than that because the Awards section of the game recorded ALL my play time meaning it still counted with stuff it shouldn't be aware of because I went back and recorded on top of it... so maybe Indy or Zeriab will need to better address this issue!
ImageImage
Ladybug
Ranger

Postby VanEinstein » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:35 am

Thanks! Turns out it's Awards.rxdata that tracks those. I didnt delete it so much as just do a "move to" command on all my files in that folder. Now I can start fresh and challenge myself.
VanEinstein
Wanderer

Postby Ladybug » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:38 am

Ok. Good luck then! +::Thumbup
ImageImage
Ladybug
Ranger

Postby VanEinstein » Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:22 am

For some reason I went back on that decision. I chose to jump into an "Original Nightmare" run instead of what I was going to do. It just seems more fulfilling, now that I'm aware of that option. Still, it's nice to know where all that data was hiding out. I just had to enable the ability to view hidden folders.
VanEinstein
Wanderer

Postby Indinera » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:50 am

Good luck, it's the most exciting mode imo ^^
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby VanEinstein » Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:33 pm

It deffinately is. I had my arse handed to me a good many times as I was starting out. I had to slowly figure out the most efficient means of tackling obstacles (as opposed to Dream mode where I could afford a modicum of laziness). In Original Nightmare I've got to be completely vigilant about what I fight, how I fight it, and what items I choose to pick up, and leave behind for later. I've been completely anal about leaving all the cheese alone until I get the cheese powder, so that I can reap that HP for Peeboo. I've even gone into fights with tiny amounts of health, saving just beforehand, mildly confident that I can win using Dazzle and Confuse to keep any enemy from harming me more than -10~20 hp. Of course that doesn't always work, so that's where the saving comes in handy. Oh, and let's not forget turning all the mobsters into carrots, because it seems to work 100% of the time for some reason ^^;
Last edited by VanEinstein on Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VanEinstein
Wanderer

Postby D-Squall » Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:35 pm

I've done this in all modes without touching Pinkie, I was scared of die. +::biggrin
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby VanEinstein » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:52 pm

In Dream Mode(My first playthrough) there wasnt any need to be conservative, with the exception of the last stretch of the game where I found I'd be lacking restorative items (I hated those Snakes). Not touching pinkie is a given in any mode (unless you really dont care about the outcome of bonus material).
VanEinstein
Wanderer

Return to Dreamscape - Help and Questions