Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Weird keyboard/technical issue

Weird keyboard/technical issue

Postby freykin » Sun May 23, 2010 10:31 am

Hi there, I came across your site and wanted to try some of the demos out for your games. However, when I go to launch them, the controls act weird, as if the left and up arrow keys on my keyboard are stuck. I've tried both Dreamscape and Ella's Hope, and both have the same issue. Has anyone else had this sort of problem before? I've tried rebooting and reinstalling both of them, and making sure that I have the newest drivers for my keyboard (It's a Razer Lycosa). I'm running Windows 7 Professional 32-bit. Thanks for taking the time to read over this, I hope it's something simple as I'd really like to give your games a try, from what little I've seen they remind me of the good old SNES games of my childhood :)
freykin
Peasant

Re: Weird keyboard/technical issue

Postby Ladybug » Sun May 23, 2010 10:58 am

Hi Freykin!

One year ago someone reported a similar problem with 3 Stars but it went away by itself after a while... sadly I don't think the reason was ever understood...

Here's the link although not sure how helpful it may be!?... +::Dunno

http://www.aldorlea.org/officialsite/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1098

In any case I'm sure Indinera will be a much better person to try to help once he sees this topic! +::Thumbup
ImageImage
Ladybug
Ranger

Postby jyarceus1993 » Wed May 26, 2010 5:27 pm

I dont want to sound like a know-it-all but how about you try to press F1 and set the controls there?Just a thought.... :) +::Dunno
Spoiler: show

La shai'a waqi'on motlaq bal kollon momken-Altair
jyarceus1993
DreamLord of Myst

Postby D-Squall » Wed May 26, 2010 5:28 pm

Musics and Sound effects
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby freykin » Thu May 27, 2010 8:10 am

Jyarceus1993, I tried the F1 menu but the controls in there are not for the arrow keys, they're for other buttons.
freykin
Peasant

Postby jyarceus1993 » Thu May 27, 2010 3:56 pm

oh.....I'm sorry I couldnt help.

jyarceus1993
DreamLord of Myst

Postby Rabbit » Thu May 27, 2010 11:59 pm

There's been discussion of this type of problem over on Amaranthia as well.

They think it is a bug with the Enterbrain game engine that runs all the Aldorlea and Amaranth games. It happens with some keyboard/mouse combinations, but they don't understand it well enough to say who will or won't be affected by the bug.

Here is a thread over on Amaranthia, where there are suggestions of what to try.

http://www.amaranthia.com/modules/newbb ... ic_id=2673

I'm afraid I can't help further than that, because it doesn't happen to me. Good luck! :)
Rabbit
Mercenary

Postby freykin » Fri May 28, 2010 2:08 am

Thanks for the link, I tried some of the things suggested in there, but no luck :(. It's frustrating, since I know it isn't as if my keyboard is faulty/malfunctioning. It's not just the rpgmaker games here, I went and tried some other ones to see if it was specific or general, and it happens with all of them. Very annoying, as I really wanted to give these a try.
freykin
Peasant

Postby Ladybug » Fri May 28, 2010 12:45 pm

Do you have trouble with the mouse option or if you use a joystick for instance?
May not be your preferred choice but you could still play them like that if it works! :)
ImageImage
Ladybug
Ranger

Postby freykin » Sat May 29, 2010 10:56 pm

Sadly the same problem happens, as it thinks the left and up arrow keys are being held down still. I even tried unplugging the keyboard and the same thing occurred.
freykin
Peasant

Postby jyarceus1993 » Sun May 30, 2010 7:04 am

Ummm.....wait a minute.you mean the up and left arrow keys look like theyre pessed down?Does this problem persist even outside the game?I think if you press the arrows key too hard then they get jammed.How about you press the down and right arrow keys harder...or the up an right keys harder!!! +::Dunno

jyarceus1993
DreamLord of Myst

Postby freykin » Sun May 30, 2010 7:28 am

This does not persist outside of game. It is only inside the game that it occurs. I tried a suggestion from another forum which was running a virtual machine of windows XP, and while the problem went away, it ran so slowly as to be unplayable :(. Looks like it's a Vista/Windows 7 issue with rpgmaker, I did some tests with an old short game I made in VX back when I had XP and it is having the same issues.
freykin
Peasant

Postby Rabbit » Sun May 30, 2010 7:57 am

+::Dunno I think there would be a LOT more posts for help here, if your issue were solely to do with Vista or Windows 7. You are not the only player who uses these operating systems.
Rabbit
Mercenary

Postby freykin » Sun May 30, 2010 8:38 am

I didn't say I was? Please don't get hostile at me over that one statement, pretty impolite. Going by what I've found through search engines it's been pointing at that as being the issue, so thought that might be the case.
freykin
Peasant

Postby D-Squall » Sun May 30, 2010 8:39 am

Rabbit wrote:+::Dunno I think there would be a LOT more posts for help here, if your issue were solely to do with Vista or Windows 7. You are not the only player who uses these operating systems.

Yeah. freykin is right.

Sorry to bump in but have you tried to unstall and reinstall the game?
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Next

Return to Dreamscape - Help and Questions