Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Pure nightmare V.S nightmare? Confused!

Pure nightmare V.S nightmare? Confused!

Postby :D :D :D :D :D » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:27 pm

Hi
So I was looking around and theres has been a lot of talk of "pure nightmare" V.S nightmare. I have completed the game on axatrixa, utopia, and dream and will start nightmare soon. Is this not the "pure nightmare" and will this mean I can't get to the secret area? Will I not be able to acheive pure nightmare because I have beaten the other modes?
Thanks
:D :D :D :D :D
Bard

Re: Pure nightmare V.S nightmare? Confused!

Postby D-Squall » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:45 pm

Pure Nightmare means that you have to play the game in Nightmare Mode without any rewards from the previous levels and Nightmare means that you play the game in Nightmare using the rewards you got in the other levels.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby :D :D :D :D :D » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:15 pm

But how do you play pure nightmare then? Cause if I start a new game I always had my rewards. How would I get rid of them so I can complete pure nightmare? Also
Spoiler: show
Is Lord Dragon the reward for nightmare of pure nightmare?
Bard

Postby D-Squall » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:16 pm

Well, as soon as you open the game (Don't use any save files) choose START from the title screen, watch the opening and when it ask which mode you want to play, choose NIGHTMARE.

Lord Dragon is a reward if you finish Nightmare without touching Pinkie.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby :D :D :D :D :D » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:24 pm

Yeah I just started a new game in nightmare and it worked fine cause there were no treasure chests! On to pure nightmare!
Bard

Postby :D :D :D :D :D » Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:52 am

Just one more question though... just relized I hadnet finished dream ( +::O_o ) and thats how I started nightmare without the rewards. Would there have been anyway to start pure nightmare if I had completed dream cause if I did complete it and start a new game, would I start with the treasure chests and not pure nightmare? Luckily I didn't, but I'm just curious!
Thanks
Bard

Postby Rabbit » Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:59 am

In any mode...

To play with rewards from a previous game, start a new game immediately after completing the old one. Don't shut down Dreamscape. It's a good idea to save just before talking to Terry, so that you will have this option later if you want it.

To play without rewards, shut down Dreamscape and restart it again. When you play a new game, you start fresh, with no rewards.
Rabbit
Mercenary

Postby :D :D :D :D :D » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:42 am

Oh ok thanks
Bard

Return to Dreamscape - Help and Questions