Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Dreamscape ending.... (obvious spoilers)

Dreamscape ending.... (obvious spoilers)

Postby kalirion » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:30 am

It was obvious Terry wasn't playing it straight from the very beginning, but just what his agenda is never gets explained, and then the story ends on a cliffhanger with absolutely 0 questions answered? Am I misunderstanding something?

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the game a lot (though only with the help of a walkthrough to avoid constant frustrating backtracking and searches of the humongous maps), and it was nice not having bothersome random encounters for a change, but what's up with the ending?
kalirion
Peasant

Re: Dreamscape ending.... (obvious spoilers)

Postby Indinera » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:37 pm

Thanks for your feedback but...

and it was nice not having bothersome random encounters for a change

random encounters for a change

for a change

Laxius Force
Laxius Force II
Laxius Force III
Dreamscape
Millennium
Millennium 2
Millennium 3
Millennium 4
Sylia
Moonchild
Opaline

+::O_o +::sos +::surrender

but what's up with the ending?

Yes it is a cliffhanger. Erin thinks she has fixed the problem all at once in a "magical" turn of events but in fact she hasn't entirely. There might be a sequel to Dreamscape but... so many games to make, so little time... +::Dunno
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby kalirion » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:15 pm

Ah, I assume this means the other games listed use the same "no random encounters" mechanic as well? Dreamscape is the only Aldorlea game I've played so far, got it from a groupees bundle. Also have Millennium from their recent bundle, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

So many games to play, so little time....

My issue with the ending is that absolutely nothing was resolved besides confirming the suspicions that Terry is a creep up to no good. LoTR's Wormtongue comes off more trustworthy than that guy. But there is not even a clue as to what Terry is after, who he's working with/for or if he's the mastermind, or anything.

But anyway, I did enjoy the game, and the dream-hopping mechanic was great. But why can't I use the headphones on Megapiu?
kalirion
Peasant

Postby Indinera » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:20 pm

Ah, I assume this means the other games listed use the same "no random encounters" mechanic as well?

That is correct. All the games I've listed have visible encounters and were made by me aka the author of Dreamscape. I didn't know you meant "for a change" as in, compared to RPGs in general, sorry.

Dreamscape is the only Aldorlea game I've played so far, got it from a groupees bundle. Also have Millennium from their recent bundle, but haven't gotten around to it yet.
So many games to play, so little time....

Indeed!

My issue with the ending is that absolutely nothing was resolved besides confirming the suspicions that Terry is a creep up to no good.

Hmmm I tend to disagree on the nothing. She did "escape", she spent a full night in her bedroom.
Peeboo popping up from nowhere can have different interpretations:
* they are still in the Dreamscape but somehow managed to recreate their apartment there
* Peeboo showed up in the real world

It is definitely a cliffhanger but at the end of the game Erin goes on a quest to find her boyfriend and at least THIS was resolved.

LoTR's Wormtongue comes off more trustworthy than that guy. But there is not even a clue as to what Terry is after, who he's working with/for or if he's the mastermind, or anything.

Indeed it leaves some questions open. +::O_o
Although I could make a sequel, the game could be considered finished as it is, with people having to use their own imagination to guess what the ending means. Some movies or books do that sometimes. :)

But anyway, I did enjoy the game, and the dream-hopping mechanic was great. But why can't I use the headphones on Megapiu?

Bonus characters are a gameplay addition but they are not supposed to "fit" in the story. They're just an excuse for you to replay the game with new characters. :)
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Return to Dreamscape - Help and Questions