Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

ALDORLEA'S TALE OF A COMMON MAN IS OUT!!!!!

Re: ALDORLEA'S TALE OF A COMMON MAN IS OUT!!!!!

Postby Indinera » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:18 pm

It's not planned, as of now. Glad you loved it.
Could you please sign the Memories?
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8861
:)
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby GO-Rikki » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:34 pm

Please assist me with the downloading of the Aldorlea game, "Tale of a Common Man".

I have attempted to download this game SEVERAL TIMES and I keep on getting the message,
"Unspecified Error".

This game (AND THE GUIDE) are paid for
(Product ID: 45310035) as well as I have received a "verification" email from BMT

Your attention to this matter at your earliest possible convenience shall be appreciated. Thank you

from GO-Rikki (a/k/a sjstevens55@comcast.net)
1-15-2017
GO-Rikki
Wanderer

Postby Indinera » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:54 am

sent u a PM :)
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby GO-Rikki » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:28 pm

Thank you kindly, Indie, for responding so quickly. I appreciate your response, so that I can play this game.
GO-Rikki
Wanderer

Postby Indinera » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:44 am

No problem, have fun! +::wizard
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Boxter » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:44 pm

Kes wrote:@Aggeliki

Yes, you are right, that would have been one way to write the opening. But I decided to go the way I did because

Spoiler: show
very often when people have to face an overwhelming shock like that, they go into a sort of auto-pilot mode. They get on and do what has to be done, and only later does it really hit them. That is why it is only after he has buried his family that he breaks down and you see him throw himself onto their grave in heart-broken grief.

I'm glad people are enjoying the game

@madmar
I'm in contact with Shaz who wrote the mouse script. She is having a look at it, but so far it's not been possible to replicate the problem, so that makes it very hard to track down the cause. Is there any action you were taking at the time these errors have come up that is common to them all?

You were right about doing that scene in that particular way too.

So, you are the one behind this game and Undefeated.
I found your game interesting for quite a different reason than the ones from indinera.
Yours possess a more serious tone in general. In undefeated, the underlying theme was about military conscription, it was even quite realistic with character that were not really given a choice to save the world... (they were conscript, it was their duty even if they would have refuse it.)
In Common Man, even if I'm only 1/4 in it, I already perceive an interesting take on the vengeance theme. I'm also curious to find out how his new found allies will stop him from doing something he may come to regret...

Now, for a more personnal topic, if you like vengeance theme stories, try the two movies from south korea named, Sympathy for mister vengeance, et Old Boy. have a good watch
Boxter
Wanderer

Postby Indinera » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:27 am

if you like vengeance theme stories,

Never seen these movies but I love the take on vengence in "Karate Kid". :)
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Boxter » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:31 pm

Indinera wrote:
if you like vengeance theme stories,

Never seen these movies but I love the take on vengence in "Karate Kid". :)

Well, these are more philosophic, like, in Sympathy for mister vengeance, there's no real evil or good guy in this story, just normal reaction toward what is actually happening. It's a story of neutrality more than anything else.
anyway, here's the review of my friend of that movie, I have the same opinion, that will give you an idea of what to expect.
http://kluseba.eklablog.com/boksuneun-n ... -a24710592

good read.
Boxter
Wanderer

Postby Oldtimer » Sat May 12, 2018 11:58 am

Hi Kes and Indinera,

Having finished the excellent "Shadows and Lies", I decided to replay the 3 other games of Gemelle.

In "The Tale of the Common Man", I hit the same crash which prevented me to finish the game the first time (I did forget it): a frustrating crash just before defeating Asomond, with the error message "Script 'Game Battler' line 288: NoMethodError occured. undefined method '>' for nil:NilClass".

As I found that other players have met a similar problem without satisfactory answeer, here is a working solution to rule out the issue (on Windows 7 at least): right click on the "game.exe" file or its shortcut, select "Properties" and tick "Play as administrator". I was that way able to defeat Asomond and access the final cutscene.

I hope that devs as player will find usefull that simple trick in similar situations!
Oldtimer
Peasant

Previous

Return to The Tale of a Common Man - Help and Questions