Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Dream List - which ones to enter?

Dream List - which ones to enter?

Postby kimo » Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:47 pm

Nothing in RPG life is “safe”, so my advice is to always save before entering a dream. Dreams do have progressively harder “glitches” (enemies) as you progress in this game. This list will be edited as I progress further in the game.

With that said, my order of entering dreams so far is:

Athena (Cat) – This is a big area with a gauntlet for breaking rocks, 2-3 important weapons, armor, a 3rd party member, and lots of other goodies. You will need to come back when you can “giggle”, so don’t worry about completing everything on your first visit. But you should do as much as possible.

Sheep – In Athena’s dream.

Peeboo – The Cheese Cave. This is important because you will find a 4th party member here.
Spoiler: show
Just check every 4-leaf clover in this dream.
You will also find the “carrot” spell which is incredibly powerful, armor, a weapon, and something that will make you “giggle”.

Clochette – Hopefully you found her. Lots of XP onions and stat boosters, but you might want to save the healing items for when you are fighting enemies in Erin’s dream (and the other El Cairo dreams). There is a good weapon for Clochette here (hey, it’s her dream after all). :razz:

Erin – El Cairo dream. This is when the enemies get a lot harder. You might want to dash around the monsters, but it seemed to me that they did not respawn when I entered a second time. You might want to enter Rick’s dream if you found him and come back to this a second time after you finish Rick’s dreamscape.

Rick – In Erin’s dream. The Pyramid Crypt has a bunch of goodies and make sure you walk down any path that looks like a dead end without stuff in it.

Merchant Girl – in the NE corner of Erin’s El Cairo dream (sorry, I didn’t write down her name). But you will know her when she tells you she is so scared of being attacked.

Pharaoh Ramsis – In Erin’s dream. Egyptian Throne Room dream has “Heal” spell for Erin. (+100HP)

Isis – Inside Egyptian Throne Room of Pharaoh’s dream.

Amenofis – Inside Egyptian Throne Room of Pharaoh’s dream.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Re: Dream List - which ones to enter?

Postby Indinera » Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:03 pm

Brings back memories +::heart
Are you far into the game now?
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby kimo » Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:13 pm

Indinera wrote:Brings back memories +::heart
Are you far into the game now?

I'm almost 5 hours into the game and just finished the "Elevator" sequence in the crypt with the "crazy man". From what I have read on the forum, I think I am going to London next. Lady JJ is also playing this for the first time, but I think she has too much stuff on her plate to get far into the game in the last few days.

In response to another comment you made about the story, I would agree that Dreamscape is a bit lacking in your typical story telling approach. But the gameplay is very involved. Thankfully I am playing on the easiest level and I save often.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby Indinera » Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:44 am

Lady JJ is also playing this for the first time, but I think she has too much stuff on her plate to get far into the game in the last few days.

+::heart +::Thumbup
It's baffling how so many people have overlooked my poor Dreamscape game (don't really know why).
Although it mades good sales, it was always left behind the classic hits such as Millennium or even Moonchild. Not sure why, it was always a cool game IMO, full of gameplay and great places. Maybe it's because it doesn't focus as much on storyline as my usual stuff?

In response to another comment you made about the story, I would agree that Dreamscape is a bit lacking in your typical story telling approach. But the gameplay is very involved. Thankfully I am playing on the easiest level and I save often.

Well a lot of my games would move the mark closer to story than gameplay. Dreamscape does the opposite. Still a pretty epic game packed full with content IMO.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Re: Dream List - which ones to enter? PART 2

Postby kimo » Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:37 pm

Irene (Princess) – God’s Territory. She is in the newly opened section of the Egyptian Throne Room after returning the Harp to Pharaoh Ramsis. You will not be able to finish this without anti-Venom potions or spells. But exploring this area will result in a “rocking” find.

Crazy Man – In royal crypts accessed by an elevator system found in a new passage accessed via Rick’s dream (found in Erin’s El Cairo dream). CAUTION! You can enter the Crazy Man’s dream and find an important item, but exiting is a different matter. Save before you try exiting. You’ll understand that comment when you get to this point.

Old Man in Lostham – This is the 1st person to whom you spoke in the beginning of the game. If you visited his dream without candles, you died. When you get 12 candles, you can survive the London dream.

Innkeeper – In London. Lots of goodies in her dream, BUT the room to the north is filled with enemies. Guess what you’ll be using all those goodies for. Not really, as these are rather easy enemies if your party is around Lvl. 30 with good weapons. I just mopped the floor with them for rather easy experience points. Exit via the door.

Sampote – Street Merchant in London. He runs away if you try to use the headphones on him, so buy everything he has before you lose him to the dark streets of London.

Beggar – In London. This dream takes you to New York.

Laura – In New York via Beggar’s dream. Warning! Save before you enter Laura’s dream. This is a limited time dream according to a girl in the dream that tells you the meteors have been rescheduled and will arrive in 5 minutes. If you go to the right in Laura’s dream for all the XP onions and gold and try to get everything and try to return to the entrance you will typically get an “end game” screen. If you go to the left in the dream where you can buy stat boosts including +5HP items, you will be able to escape through the door where you entered the dream. But, since this is a timed event you must exit via someone else’s dream as soon as you make it to the end of the right-hand side after getting all the gold, XP onions, and battles. How much coffee (sorry, I mean tea) have you had today? Get the tea joke?

Of course, if you enter anyone else’s dream to escape Laura’s dream, you will have to retrace your path to the Beggar in London. Decisions …. Decisions. You could always bypass this dream because I found nothing necessary to progress the game.

Erin’s Double? – Inside the Goat and Duke house just to the left of where you find the Toy Key.

Damien – Inside Erin’s Double’s dream. Go south and you will find lots of stat increase items, posters of past Indy games, and most importantly there is a game-like console machine that you can interact with and will tell you the following:

“This is the story of a man who had a dream. He knew stories and wanted to tell them to people. He knew in his heart and soul, that those stories could move and thrill people, and make them experience countless adventures. Dreams are beautiful. Believe in yours.” 8)

Now, who could that be written about? I found an Indy equivalent of an Easter Egg! +::Dance

Go north and you will heavily damage your party with red skulls on the floor, but you will find the ever-elusive Bokden. Yep, that’s all. But it is a Bokden sighting.

Woman from India (merchant) – In the London dream. Lots of healing stuff in her dream.

Baron Sylvania (vampire) – Count Vasilli’s Manor. DO NOT enter this dream until you have finished the Toy Shop location in London. You need stuff from the Toy Shop to succeed in this dream.

Edna – In Baron Sylvania’s dream. You don’t enter a dream, but some goodies appear in the same room when you try the headphones on her.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby Indinera » Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:35 pm

“This is the story of a man who had a dream. He knew stories and wanted to tell them to people. He knew in his heart and soul, that those stories could move and thrill people, and make them experience countless adventures. Dreams are beautiful. Believe in yours.” 8)

Now, who could that be written about? I found an Indy equivalent of an Easter Egg!

Dream still alive, thus far! 8) +::heart

Wanted to ask if you have kept playing (you or Lady JJ) and if so, how far have you made it?
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Re: Dream List - Part 3

Postby kimo » Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:44 pm

Evil Man – In Rick’s dream via Erin’s dream. Save often. This is not a “Safe” dream and you will die unless prepared. My notes say that you need a minimum of 3 Saint Crosses to advance the story line and 6 Saint Crosses to thoroughly explore this area for some incredible weapons and armor. I had collected 7 Saint Crosses before I started this area. Once a Saint Cross is used, the Poltergeists are permanently eliminated (unlike using a Magical Hourglass on glitches where the glitch returns after you leave the area). You can only progress the story line by visiting the 6th floor level via the elevator you used before. And you must have a Saint Cross equipped on Erin for each Poltergeist encounter. The Poltergeist locations are sometimes, but not always, indicated by a darker spot on the floor (probably flattened and smeared ex-adventurers). +::fear With luck you will be able to load the autosave after you die and then more carefully continue.

Zeus, Hermes, and Ares – Safe because, guess what, they won’t let you into their dreams.

Pimpon, Terry’s dog – Behind the big doors in original place where you started and to where you always return after exiting dreams (Lostham). If you tried this earlier in the game, there is a funny scene where you attempt a “world class” jump. Nothing happens in this dream until you get Hermes’ shoes, so if you haven’t visited the Gods’ area with the items that allow you entry into each realm, you will not be able to do anything after entering this dream.

Man in Jailhouse – Dream takes you to nuclear warehouse. Goodies and some monsters with yet another Bokden Sighting.

That's it for entering the dreams of characters. +::clap +::Dance
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby kimo » Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:47 pm

Indinera wrote:

Now, who could that be written about? I found an Indy equivalent of an Easter Egg!

Dream still alive, thus far! 8) +::heart

Wanted to ask if you have kept playing (you or Lady JJ) and if so, how far have you made it?

I finished the game today at about 14 hours. But, I played it on the easiest level so I have 3 more future plays. I got Marine to join for game #2. I am not sure about Lady JJ, but am going to PM her now.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby Indinera » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:11 am

You get one new character each time, so it's pretty good to do it in order, from easier to harder.
I don't remember the names but one was obviously nightmare, also ataraxia, maybe utopia?
What's fun is that you get better at the game and the difficulty also increases +::heart
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Return to Dreamscape - Help and Questions