Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Stuck in Jailhouse - can't get past pillars

Stuck in Jailhouse - can't get past pillars

Postby Lizwiz » Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:13 am

I know it's years too late to be asking for help on this but I love this game and would like to finish it!

I've been all round the jailhouse and opened all the gates there.
But I can't get past the pillars beside the room where you get a bomb for Clochette.
I can see stuff over there and I think I have to go that way to get to dragons/Pit of Amnesia?

If anyone's still out there please help +::sos
Lizwiz
Wanderer

Re: Stuck in Jailhouse - can't get past pillars

Postby kimo » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:18 pm

It's never too late if someone notices your posts. I played this again several months ago and checked my notes today. I am not sure what pillars you are talking about. The only pillars I have notes on are the ones with dragons that fry your butt if you don't have equipped anthracite.

What specifically about the pillars is keeping you from proceeding? There is a jail key you find only after you talk to the "living door" after you pass by the dragons. The key appears in a skull-shaped area (north hallway) where you encounter Bokden and requires backtracking so you will be back in the area before the dragons. You should be able to pass the dragons without anything special except at least 4 Anthracites (4 dragons).

I'll check again to see if you have been able to figure this out.

Good luck. +::clap
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby Lizwiz » Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:10 am

Thank you so much for noticing my post and for your reassuring reply. :)

At last I managed to find the correct way out of the Jailhouse past those dragons. I was following a walkthrough which said to go west and the only exit west was blocked by about 8 columns. I could see goodies beyond them so I thought somehow they would open a path. No such luck!

Anyway after wandering around I found the way was east. I'm sure my troubles aren't over yet.

But this game is going on the back burner for now ... I'm currently obsessed with Forever Heroes. +::Dance
Lizwiz
Wanderer

Postby kimo » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:07 pm

Lizwiz wrote:Thank you so much for noticing my post and for your reassuring reply. :)

At last I managed to find the correct way out of the Jailhouse past those dragons. I was following a walkthrough which said to go west and the only exit west was blocked by about 8 columns. I could see goodies beyond them so I thought somehow they would open a path. No such luck!

Anyway after wandering around I found the way was east. I'm sure my troubles aren't over yet.

But this game is going on the back burner for now ... I'm currently obsessed with Forever Heroes. +::Dance

Good to hear about you getting past the dragons. The Jailhouse Key, if you find it on the west side after talking to the door, might allow you access to those previous areas where you saw stuff.

If you are just starting Forever Heroes, you will probably not return to Dreamscape for months. Forever Heroes is so hard for finishing sidequests, that I would suggest you just play the game a first time and do what you can figure out from reading forum posts. I played that game 3 times and each time got better (more enjoyable).

Lady JJ created 2 walkthroughs for the final shrines that are excellent and pinned in the forum. She takes more notes than I do and I make a lot of them. I'll be replaying Forever Heroes for sure at some point in the future.

And there are a lot of us who read that forum every few days to help people because we started playing the first day it was released and were consistently stumped by Indy's quests so we sort of formed a "support group". +::YAY
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby Lizwiz » Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:15 pm

Thanks for the advice Kimo! :)
Lizwiz
Wanderer

Return to Dreamscape - Help and Questions